I do find Odubajo's Wednesday career really odd so far. It's not as if he arrived as an unknown entity - he played 43 games at right-back when Hull won promotion to the Premier League under Bruce, so he's certainly got the pedigree. Clearly Bruce saw someting in him and felt that he could add to our squad, but for whatever reason, things just haven't worked out for him thus far.

Last night was typical of what we've seen from him so far: some great defending, but then a moment of real laziness to drag their attacker back in the box which conceded the penalty that put us massively on the back foot.

I'd love for him to recapture his Hull form in a Wednesday shirt, but that seems to be wishful thinking at the moment.

21 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Can't believe people are still defending him on here. He's absolutely awful and was at fault for 2 goals last night

Penalty was blatant when you see the correct replay which actually shows the incident. He was also to blame for Forest goal too

Since the restarted, he's been at fault for 3 out of 5 goals we've conceded so far. Speaks absolute volumes. So far out of his depth 

He could have cost us 3 goals as he also slipped in the box last night but fortunately Wildsmith reacted well and came out to block the resulting shot.

I am absolutely amazed that a free transfer of a released player from the mighty Brentford isn’t world class.   I am even more amazed that he didn’t entirely thrive playing a position he has barely played before.

He actually played really well last night. Touch let him down a bit on a couple of occasions and the penalty was an iffy decision...he just switched off. It happens all the time to us and we don't get them. He'd have been better just letting the guy go, Joe would probably have saved anything he got to. He's a young lad and doing his best. His defending was pretty good and his positioning was excellent. He's improving.

I was at Derby and bang in line when the pen was given against him...not in a million years was that a pen, he was fouled. (I'm a ref btw).

Give him a chance.

39 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

He actually played really well last night. Touch let him down a bit on a couple of occasions and the penalty was an iffy decision...he just switched off. It happens all the time to us and we don't get them. He'd have been better just letting the guy go, Joe would probably have saved anything he got to. He's a young lad and doing his best. His defending was pretty good and his positioning was excellent. He's improving.

I was at Derby and bang in line when the pen was given against him...not in a million years was that a pen, he was fouled. (I'm a ref btw).

Give him a chance.

Whilst I agree with much of this, he's 26. I'm not sure that counts as a 'young lad'!

Guest ka58
3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

He was fouled at Derby not the other way about.

Ref had a brain melt. That one shouldn't count.

He got himself wrong side of forward who drew a foul - it was his fault.

Guest ka58
3 hours ago, smhouston said:

Can't believe people are still defending him on here. He's absolutely awful and was at fault for 2 goals last night

Penalty was blatant when you see the correct replay which actually shows the incident. He was also to blame for Forest goal too

Since the restarted, he's been at fault for 3 out of 5 goals we've conceded so far. Speaks absolute volumes. So far out of his depth 

people would rather moan about Palmer - who’s twice the player

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I do find Odubajo's Wednesday career really odd so far. It's not as if he arrived as an unknown entity - he played 43 games at right-back when Hull won promotion to the Premier League under Bruce, so he's certainly got the pedigree. Clearly Bruce saw someting in him and felt that he could add to our squad, but for whatever reason, things just haven't worked out for him thus far.

Last night was typical of what we've seen from him so far: some great defending, but then a moment of real laziness to drag their attacker back in the box which conceded the penalty that put us massively on the back foot.

I'd love for him to recapture his Hull form in a Wednesday shirt, but that seems to be wishful thinking at the moment.

So why did he play as a left side back three ? I'll give you a clue...we had academy players on the bench last night when Lees pulled out so had to play him. I'm not saying that he didn't make any mistakes but he's right footed and normally plays right back or right wing back. I think the operative word might be right

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

So why did he play as a left side back three ? I'll give you a clue...we had academy players on the bench last night when Lees pulled out so had to play him. I'm not saying that he didn't make any mistakes but he's right footed and normally plays right back or right wing back. I think the operative word might be right

Er...right.

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, doubled123456 said:

Ma Lord, he's still a liability. Lots to learn before being a regular #11. Highest penalty player in the league.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much before kick off when I heard he was playing left centre half. 

As it was I thought he did ok , overall. 

I think we'd see the best of him in the right back spot. Unluckily for him Murphy has been one of our best players since the restart.

Though a man drifts off Murphy for one of the goals the other day which has been a wee overlooked! 

I try to look for the best in every player but its hard to do  so with him …….I think he can play going forward but his switching off and letting opposites get the wrong side  of him when defending is going to cost us if he keeps getting games .