Is this true?

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

That's why a lot of clubs (especially Leeds) were unhappy with the EFL's last Sky deal. Most feltt the EFL short changed the clubs and should have got a lot more money for what many think is a more entertaining product than a lot of the Premier League games shown on TV.

Overall it's way more entertaining than Premier League borefest matches

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think Championship clubs get a flat rate of £2.1 M each from the Sky TV deal. Plus £100K for every home game televised and £10K if you're the away team.

So 10% is probably about right for most teams. Though Leeds will get a lot more than say Wigan as their games are on TV a lot more.

Shame, always preferred watching Wigan myself

59 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

don't think space programs are that basic

Amazon already fund a space programme...

https://www.geekwire.com/2019/amazon-project-kuiper-broadband-satellite/

Plus the owner of Amazon Jeff Bezos also owns a rocket launch company:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Origin

So really streaming a few extra champo games is trivial really 😉

8 hours ago, jp1981 said:

The Premier League would fight against any substantial TV deal for the Championship. As far as the Prem bosses are concerned , they are the elite and any big deal for the league below would harm them and the amount of money they receive (Money grabbing bar stewards).

Not sure how they fight unless ban promotion..that may harm their league though as would mean the league loses the drama of end of season

Guest ka58
10 hours ago, matt68owls said:

I must admit, there is a large part of me that doesn't want to get in to the premier league. when the ambition is to maybe finish 7th and not getting relegated then I don't want it. Playing at all odd times and watching people who have no affiliation with the club earning even more obscene amounts of money and there is no regards whatsoever for the fans, just doesn't fill me with excitement. 

maybe I'm just stuck in the 70s and 80s wanting football to be how it was.

not on your own their mate.

weird conundrum - “the prize” is arguably not worth the achievement.

would fancy a few seasons going round big grounds but after a few years of winning 9 and drawing 10 to stay up it would be massively boring.