Is this true?

I think Championship clubs get a flat rate of £2.1 M each from the Sky TV deal. Plus £100K for every home game televised and £10K if you're the away team.

So 10% is probably about right for most teams. Though Leeds will get a lot more than say Wigan as their games are on TV a lot more.

There will surly be some large scale re work of how you pay to watch football (on TV), and season ticket holders will have their number of games (you pay for a set amount not the season) resume when play resumes in front of crowds thats my guess anyway 

Edited by keepitsteel89

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think Championship clubs get a flat rate of £2.1 M each from the Sky TV deal. Plus £100K for every home game televised and £10K if you're the away team.

So 10% is probably about right for most teams. Though Leeds will get a lot more than say Wigan as their games are on TV a lot more.

Leeds have been televised more times than all of the premier league teams except the top 6

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Makes you wonder if it is possible to get a better deal from Amazon etc, champ football is pretty entertaining.

It's well documented that if Amazon want to get involved the numbers would be truly frightening and also there would be many more games on live to air due to the sheer scale of the operation that Amazon can bring to the party

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

It's well documented that if Amazon want to get involved the numbers would be truly frightening and also there would be many more games on live to air due to the sheer scale of the operation that Amazon can bring to the party

basically it would fund a space programme 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Makes you wonder if it is possible to get a better deal from Amazon etc, champ football is pretty entertaining.

1 minute ago, matt68owls said:

Leeds have been televised more times than all of the premier league teams except the top 6

That's why a lot of clubs (especially Leeds) were unhappy with the EFL's last Sky deal. Most feltt the EFL short changed the clubs and should have got a lot more money for what many think is a more entertaining product than a lot of the Premier League games shown on TV.

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The championship is the most open and competitive league in the world with the play off final the richest game in world football. 

But because it’s not littered with guys on 150k a week who appear on every advert on tv it get little exposure or money. 

I must admit, there is a large part of me that doesn't want to get in to the premier league. when the ambition is to maybe finish 7th and not getting relegated then I don't want it. Playing at all odd times and watching people who have no affiliation with the club earning even more obscene amounts of money and there is no regards whatsoever for the fans, just doesn't fill me with excitement. 

maybe I'm just stuck in the 70s and 80s wanting football to be how it was.

Just now, matt68owls said:

I must admit, there is a large part of me that doesn't want to get in to the premier league. when the ambition is to maybe finish 7th and not getting relegated then I don't want it. Playing at all odd times and watching people who have no affiliation with the club earning even more obscene amounts of money and there is no regards whatsoever for the fans, just doesn't fill me with excitement. 

I know what you mean. The PL has become vulgar and the top 6 remain largely unchanged most seasons. 

Remember when you could get promoted from division 2 and make an impact in division 1 without needing a new squad? We did that as other clubs did. 

Nowadays without a huge cash injection or some inspired management it’s a one way ticket back to the championship. 

26 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Sky have already said they don't want any money repaying

Someone should tell Parry then FFS.

I think he was just indicating that the EFL aren't solely dependant on Sky TV  revenue,unlike the premier league where it's GOD. 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Someone should tell Parry then FFS.

I think he was just indicating that the EFL aren't solely dependant on Sky TV  revenue,unlike the premier league where it's GOD. 

We aren't but the graph the other day showed how reliant on match day income we are - so it's a kicking which ever way

36 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

HEAR,HEAR.

34 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I know what you mean. The PL has become vulgar and the top 6 remain largely unchanged most seasons. 

Remember when you could get promoted from division 2 and make an impact in division 1 without needing a new squad? We did that as other clubs did. 

Nowadays without a huge cash injection or some inspired management it’s a one way ticket back to the championship. 

The prem is poisoned chalice, look at how much debt Brighton are in after only 2 seasons!.

The longer you stay in the Prem the more debt you incur, hence being terrified of relegation.

39 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

Amen

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

The Premier League would fight against any substantial TV deal for the Championship. As far as the Prem bosses are concerned , they are the elite and any big deal for the league below would harm them and the amount of money they receive (Money grabbing bar stewards).