Conor Hourihane

17 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Not saying he is a bad player, and we certainly have worse but Is it just me that thinks he is a tad overrated.

Thinking same ,wasnt he used as a sub a lot ?

Average player and if the season hadn't been curtailed he would be back where he came from

Sorry forgot this is owlstalk, I should have said Bang average

17 hours ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

Derby's equaliser in that horrendous 3-3 capitulation in the year we went down from the prem. You never know, as abject as we were, not having the confidence knocked out of us and taking three points could have been the difference between going down and staying up. 

If there is a good reason not to sign CH this is it 

21 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Just listened to an interview of his On a podcast. Said during his time at Barnsley we got in touch to ask him to run his contract down at Barnsley, so we could have him On a free at the end of the season . So he joined Villa instead . Typical Wednesday, missed out on a top level player there and for probably a nominal fee !

"I thought 'I can't go to Sheffield Wednesday, no way'. I'd ruin the relationship I'd got with the club.“

Few things I would say about this. 

Firstly, that sort of behaviour seems to be completely common place in football. Clubs and agents are always asking players these sorts of questions. Making false promises. Stringing them along and asking them to make risky decisions. I'm not saying the players are guilt free but lets be honest, if you have any inside knowledge of how transfer and contract deals are negotiated and how players feel about them then listen to the likes of Under the cosh podcast. 

Secondly, if Villa wanted him then we had no chance anyway. Maybe they'd contacted him. Maybe his agent was trying to get him a move to Villa? 

So many ifs and buts. 

Always thought that we put bids in for him that we're rejected. Reason being that Barnsley thought we'd got Winnall on the cheap and weren't happy with us and were determined that we wouldn't get him. There were also rumours unconfirmed that Villa got him for less than we'd offered Barnsley.

Hindsight is amazing.

BUT if we’d have spent the money needed to sign him at the same time we signed Winnall, instead of spending millions on ANOTHER striker in Rhodes....we may have gone up.

type of midfielder we’ve needed for ages. Plenty of assists in him and would have possibly helped Winnall hit the ground running too.