Financial data for the Championship last season

Guest Ferkorf

So basically end of the season when hopefully everyone leaves who is out of contract thats are wage bill sorted apart from Rhodes and Westwood

4 hours ago, kristmace said:

I've got a feeling this is a mix of 17-18 and 18-19 data. Ours looks to be 17-18.

Must be we’ve not paid a significant fee since the summer of 2017 when Rhodes and Van Aken signed. 

I’d guess that everything peaked that season for us. You’d imagine going into this summer the wage budget will have been cut in half nearly.

Edited by NeonLeon

43 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Must be we’ve not paid a significant fee since the summer of 2017 when Rhodes and Van Aken signed. 

I’d guess that everything peaked that season for us. You’d imagine going into this summer the wage budget will have been cut in half nearly.

Yeah, wage bill is definitely the biggest issue now. 

He got a lot of data  mixed up there Stoke and Boro came down with us. Yet we aren't included. Statistics are a wonderful things 68.9% of them can prove whatever you want. Yet a least get the base figures right Fulham came down last summer why aren't Luton and Hudderfield included. why are the blunts, Vile and Norwich included

9 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

He got a lot of data  mixed up there Stoke and Boro came down with us. Yet we aren't included. Statistics are a wonderful things 68.9% of them can prove whatever you want. Yet a least get the base figures right Fulham came down last summer why aren't Luton and Hudderfield included. why are the blunts, Vile and Norwich included

It’s for season 18/19. Fulham, Luton and Huddersfield weren’t in the Championship. I’m guessing that West Brom and Stoke aren’t included as they haven’t submitted figures for 18/19 yet, and it wouldn’t provide a reasonable comparison to provide their 17/18 figures, as they’d be from a Premier League season. Swansea, who came down the same season, are included as their 18/19 accounts have been published. 

16 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

It’s for season 18/19. Fulham, Luton and Huddersfield weren’t in the Championship. I’m guessing that West Brom and Stoke aren’t included as they haven’t submitted figures for 18/19 yet, and it wouldn’t provide a reasonable comparison to provide their 17/18 figures, as they’d be from a Premier League season. Swansea, who came down the same season, are included as their 18/19 accounts have been published. 

Also, as is shown by the brackets on the charts, some clubs data is for 2017-18 and some is for 2018-19 so not comparable really. It will also be dependent on when the accounting period end is for each club as to how fair it is to measure them against each. 

it is useful as a broad indicator but not wholly accurate. 

2 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

The Financial ends March 31st this is 19//20. At the time these figures are meant to be for Fulham weren't in the league. We're not included for some reason and we posted a £5m loss for the first time in years. I follow what you are saying, but, whoever posted these tweets got so much basic stuff wrong it can't be trusted. especiallly if you throw in clubs that weren't playing in the divison at the time and miss others out

4 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

The Financial ends March 31st this is 19//20. At the time these figures are meant to be for Fulham weren't in the league. We're not included for some reason and we posted a £5m loss for the first time in years. I follow what you are saying, but, whoever posted these tweets got so much basic stuff wrong it can't be trusted. especiallly if you throw in clubs that weren't playing in the divison at the time and miss others out

I doubt any clubs have a financial year end on March 31st 6 weeks before the season even finishes. They will have it sometime in the off season.

I didn’t notice Fulham in there first time, but it’s showing their figures for the 17/18 season (same as for Wednesday), the year they got promoted. 

2 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

The financial year end in tax terms etc can be much different to the accounting year end. The accounting year end for our club used to be 31/05/year but we changed this recently to extend it by a couple of months. 

Companies have 12 months to finalise their accounts from their accounting year end so no club will have figures for the current season. Most data is seemingly for 2017-18. Preston's figures are for 2018-19 as per the brackets (2019) Most are for 2017-18.

9 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

I doubt any clubs have a financial year end on March 31st 6 weeks before the season even finishes. They will have it sometime in the off season.

I didn’t notice Fulham in there first time, but it’s showing their figures for the 17/18 season (same as for Wednesday), the year they got promoted. 

It still it moot as to be fair you can't mix and match if fulham are in. Stoke and boro can't be because that's the year  the three of us came down  it still skuses the data

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

It still it moot as to be fair you can't mix and match if fulham are in. Stoke and boro can't be because that's the year  the three of us came down  it still skuses the data

Boro came down in 16/17 and the accounts shown for them are the 17/18 season as it seems that they haven’t published their 18/19 accounts yet either. 

I’m assuming it’s done this way as comparison with a clubs accounts for a year that they were in the Premier League would be pointless when analysing Championship finances.