Is It Safe To Come In Yet?

4 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I've spent a few deliriously happy weeks on Cloud Eight

But they were few and far between tbf - maybe half a dozen over the past 30 years

And I'd usually have to climb down again for my own good

But Cloud Nine?

giphy.gif

Eeettteellll, Really, not even when Shezza rattled the net at Wembley, or the “ mind the gap”season, or when Brighty headed in that corner against the pigs at Wembley, or when Talbot rounded the Hartlepool keeper at Wembley.... the view from cloud nine is epic.

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Which manager was it years ago who said the players were "Afraid" to play at Hillsborough, was it megson or could have been Jones?? 

I cant remember who but I do remember it.

I even remember at one point maybe before that era they blamed the Hillsborough pitch for being too wide :tango:

27 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I cant remember who but I do remember it.

I even remember at one point maybe before that era they blamed the Hillsborough pitch for being too wide :tango:

Thing is a good manager utilises something like that. If you've got a wide pitch you play  quick wingers. They didn't have to be the best or most consistant, JJ springs to mind straight away or Antonio, but it terrified defenders. 

Guest Ferkorf
43 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Thing is a good manager utilises something like that. If you've got a wide pitch you play  quick wingers. They didn't have to be the best or most consistant, JJ springs to mind straight away or Antonio, but it terrified defenders. 

I think it might have been just before JJ and Antonio.

I think it might have been the dark days straight after the prem.

Some of the excuses back then were laughable.

Owusu spewing every home game because he never played infront of a big crowd before pfffft 

On 20/01/2020 at 09:13, gypsyowl said:

funny old week eh, this time last week I couldn't get enough of Wednesday after the best away day in years! Today I feel the complete opposite, can't bring myself to even talk to anyone unless I have to, cheers Wednesday

Coulda been 3 down in that game if weren't for luck. I bet they're laughing at us. 

46 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

And yet he’s bizarrely dropped Harris who terrorised defenders as they usually doubled (sometimes tripled) up on him 

Just now, gypsyowl said:

we missed chances too pal, I don't think we rode our luck as much as people said, deserved winners v Leeds for me 

Probably although I'd have liked to see how we got on if we went 1 down. That sitter they missed early on.