Is It Safe To Come In Yet?

6 minutes ago, Turkey Owl said:

As my Missus said just before I threw my dinner at the wall ......., It’s only a game

Mine said..."stop drinking, it's not even noontime (Florida) and you're on your 12th, it's only a game."  Yes, it is only a game, but...that was humiliating at least for the fans, and should have been for the Players too.  I'll still support Wednesday though, I'm a "clapper" but not always a "happy clapper."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just about calmed down from Saturday, which was arguably the most shambolic performance I've personally seen. Red card aside we'd have still lost, we were miles off it from the first kick.

Desperately hoping there were harsh lessons learned and things change because that sort of hammering has been coming with some of the home performances we've has his season.

Bannan needs to be further up and not stood on the CB's toes. We looked miles better in the 2nd half at Leeds with Pelupessy in the defensive mid slot and Bannan behind the striker. Also desperate for a striker or two, unfortunately all of Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes simply aren't good enough.

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

From the second that Nuhiu’s shot hit the back of the net at Elland Road I was on cloud nine... I was on it right up to the second that Blackburn scored their first on Saturday.... so I had a blissful week on Owlstalk and YouTube watching the Leeds blogs.... now I’m going to have a miserable gloomy existence until the lads pull their fu•kin fingers out and realise that they have a responsibility to maintain my mental wellbeing.

I've spent a few deliriously happy weeks on Cloud Eight

But they were few and far between tbf - maybe half a dozen over the past 30 years

And I'd usually have to climb down again for my own good

But Cloud Nine?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deliberately stayed away from here for a couple of days to let the anger subside. 

Work with a Blackburn fan and he said they were expecting nowt from that game against us. Their form leading up to it and the loss of Dack had them thinking we were going to do them over.

Typical Wednesday though, no showing as usual in the games we should be looking at as somewhat winnable. 

I dont know if it was down to the players, the tactics, or a combo of both. I just know that this was one of the worst performances i have ever seen from us. Whilst many would say it wasn't worth changing the team that beat L**ds, different opposition requires different set ups. What worked against L**ds, clearly didn't work against Blackburn and the 2 teams play very differently. This should have been addressed tactically and the team selected on that basis. That said, there was no excuse for that level of performance, even with the red card. Many a team have gone on to win a game after getting a man sent off, we couldn't even hold out with all men behind the ball and stop them scoring. 

Okay, so the anger clearly didn't subside :angry:.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

Deliberately stayed away from here for a couple of days to let the anger subside. 

Work with a Blackburn fan and he said they were expecting nowt from that game against us. Their form leading up to it and the loss of Dack had them thinking we were going to do them over.

Typical Wednesday though, no showing as usual in the games we should be looking at as somewhat winnable. 

I dont know if it was down to the players, the tactics, or a combo of both. I just know that this was one of the worst performances i have ever seen from us. Whilst many would say it wasn't worth changing the team that beat L**ds, different opposition requires different set ups. What worked against L**ds, clearly didn't work against Blackburn and the 2 teams play very differently. This should have been addressed tactically and the team selected on that basis. That said, there was no excuse for that level of performance, even with the red card. Many a team have gone on to win a game after getting a man sent off, we couldn't even hold out with all men behind the ball and stop them scoring. 

Okay, so the anger clearly didn't subside :angry:.

We've lacked a fundamental piece of the jigsaw on the pitch since loovens legs whent. 

We don't have a vocal and organising captain on the pitch capeble of ensuring players stick to the managers gamelan and tactics, or that pulls everyone in the same direction and sorts us out when we're a shambles. Hence another reason for conceding those late goals we had been doing too. The major lack of Leaders is a real problem and one of the reasons where so inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

We've lacked a fundamental piece of the jigsaw on the pitch since loovens legs whent. 

We don't have a vocal and organising captain on the pitch capeble of ensuring players stick to the managers gamelan and tactics, or that pulls everyone in the same direction and sorts us out when we're a shambles. Hence another reason for conceding those late goals we had been doing too. The major lack of Leaders is a real problem and one of the reasons where so inconsistent. 

Thats a good shout that. There's defo something else missing though, just cant quite figure it out. 

We never seem to turn up when it matters and when its needed. Other teams get some momentum and use it go on 4 or 5 game winning streaks ect, we get ourselves going and after 2 or 3 wins we crap our pants and self destruct. Dont know if its mental fragility or just a lack of self belief. I remember when we came up from league 1 and the first season under Carlos, while we had the odd blips then, the team for the most played like they wouldn't give up until we won. Now though,  you can see the panic set in as soon as we are in front in a game and the last 5 -10 minutes comes round. 

Against Blackburn we looked as bad as Forest did when we took them apart. Forest and maybe Leeds aside, can anyone remember a game where we haven't really just been bang average this season? The team is stale and the mentality throughout it is weak. Good players no doubt, but no team and no grit. Needs freshening up and quickly.