Saturday is our chance to be heard on VAR

7 hours ago, sturutter said:

. Fans of teams like Wolves, who should be enjoying their best football for decades, are saying that it doesn't feel like football any more, and they've never felt so numb at a game. 

Oh no thats terrible. After all that money spent cheating their way up. So sorry for them!

1 hour ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Oh no thats terrible. After all that money spent cheating their way up. So sorry for them!

They didn’t cheat at all - just had a clear strategy and worked with one of the world’s top agents to implement it very well.  We chose to work with Paixao and got it totally wrong.

It doesn't matter how they got there, and how much they cheated. They are football fans like us, and big numbers are saying that they are enjoying going to the game less then ever before. As football fans, given that we may soon be under VAR for ever, this is very significant news for us. 

2 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Edited by sturutter

1 hour ago, sturutter said:

. As football fans, given that we may soon be under VAR

Soon? 

Well you're certainly more optimistic than me.

No sympathy for any prem supporters though, they're not suffering the utter garbage my club is serving up & I'm probably paying much more for the pleasure.

As soon as the "big clubs" suffer some regular VAR problems - it will be bimned  (long before we get there, IF we ever do).

9 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Soon? 

Well you're certainly more optimistic than me.

No sympathy for any prem supporters though, they're not suffering the utter garbage my club is serving up & I'm probably paying much more for the pleasure.

As soon as the "big clubs" suffer some regular VAR problems - it will be bimned  (long before we get there, IF we ever do).

The soon is far more that VAR might come down to the Championship, rather than it we go up to it. Monk said in an interview after the Cardiff non-red card that it would help the league. 

You're missing the point about Premier league fans. It is not a concern to us that they aren't enjoying it. What is a big concern is that we will have the same experience when it comes to us. 

10 hours ago, Sonny said:

I hate VAR

Nothing against VAR.

It's the way it's implemented.  Ignore big obvious handballs but pull someone for offside when it's a toe nail off (if at all). 

Have a 'margin for error' zone which gives attackers the advantage in marginal decisions would at least solve the offside side of it. 

As is the usual way in football, the ruling bodies over here will find a way to fu*k it up. Cricket does it well, rugby does it well, but football finds a way (as usual) to parade their incompetence & become a laughing stock.

Appointing the biggest bent tw*t ex referee to act as VAR zsar (a mouthful) doesn't fill you with confidence at the outset.  Villa will be fine though no doubt.

15 hours ago, York_Owl said:

The standard of refereeing in the efl is that bad I wouldn’t mind having VAR.

But the officials at Stockley Park in the PL make a mockery of the system, why do you think having more EFL standard officials looking at decisions would make it any better?