End of a decade - Who got the assists?

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

47 goals in over six years for a striker, and an average of around 3 assists a season. Come off it 

His average season for us so far is 20.1 starts, 19.7 appearances from the bench, 7.1 goals and 4.3 assists.

Not the stuff of legend to be sure, but neither is it commensurate with the avalanche of abuse he has faced, especially when so many other strikers have had far worse returns, including in some of the same squads he has been in. Having spent the majority of his tenure being anywhere from 3rd to 6th in the pecking order, it seems respectable enough to me if numbers are your be-all and end-all.

50 minutes ago, Ian said:

At the end of every season there are 3 positions worth mentioning.....those who go up, those who go down and everyone else is mid table

You might struggle to persuade fans of Leicester, Sheffield United, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Arsenal and West Ham of that at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

The winner of this one shouldn't come as a surprise, the heartbeat of the side and the best left foot to ever come out of Airdrie...

1) 36 - Barry Bannan

2) 30 - Adam Reach

3) 26 - Atdhe Nuhiu

4) 25 - Michail Antonio

5) 22 - Ross Wallace

6) 19 - Fernando Forestieri

7) 18 - Lucas João

8) 17 - Chris Lines

9) 16 - Kieran Lee

10) 15 - Clinton Morrison

11) 14 - Lewis Buxton, Gary Hooper, Neil Mellor, Daniel Pudil

15) 12 - Steven Fletcher

16) 11 - Reda Johnson, Gary Madine, Jacques Maghoma, Chris Maguire, Tommy Spurr, Gary Teale

22) 10 - Jack Hunt

23) 9 - Miguel Llera, Marco Matias, Liam Palmer

And yes, 10th place on the list came as a surprise to me too. But, believe it or not, Clinton Morrison actually got 5 assists in one game (6-2 vs Bristol Rovers in the 2010-11 season.

Best left foot to ever come out of Airdrie? Brian McClair will be more fuming about that than when Chris Turner saved his header at Wembley in the cup final lol

In seriousness Bannan has been brilliant for Wednesday and the stats prove it.

Guest Ferkorf
10 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

47 goals and 26 assists. Also made more appearances than anyone else. May not be many fans player of the decade if any but he's been an influential player regardless of anyone's opinion of Atdhe Nuhiu.

Well you would expect so hes only been here nearly 10 seasons lol

Looking at that list I miss Lines and Wallace. Totally forgot about Mellors spell and he banged a dozen or more in.

Ahh the forgotten days... when we were truly terrible and yet people still grumble now.

Shame on you

Couple of things stand out...

Pretty good assists return from Bannan esp given that usually the wide forwards are typically the most prevalent creators of goals

How disappointing are Liam Palmer’s figures given that he not only scored highly on appearance, but also was on 7 assists by the end of 2013/14

Edit: make that 5 assists, as I counted his Tranmere ones...but still I think the point stands

Edited by McRightSide

4 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Is it just me that hears finger nails scraping on a blackboard when someone mentions asists?

Assists. What a load of nonsense. Surely, even some of the qualifying descriptions of them makes them a complete farce.

Please make it stop!

Why?

Guest Ferkorf
Just now, LittleG said:

From cup matches; he's scored 36 league goals. 

Fair enough, I actually thought it might have been friendlies taken into account aswell with that amount lol

Guest LittleG
Just now, Ferkorf said:

Fair enough, I actually thought it might have been friendlies taken into account aswell with that amount 

No just league matches (nearly 6.1/2 years). Like a lot of said her one of those players who attract comments from both ends of the spectrum. He's not as bad as some make out but equally he's not as good as others make out. My opinion is that we do need better than him, JR and Winnall to move forward.  

Guest Ferkorf
11 minutes ago, LittleG said:

No just league matches (nearly 6.1/2 years). Like a lot of said her one of those players who attract comments from both ends of the spectrum. He's not as bad as some make out but equally he's not as good as others make out. My opinion is that we do need better than him, JR and Winnall to move forward.  

100% agree.

I tend to shy away from most Nuhiu Nuhiu arguements as I've left the ground many times slating him and as you mentioned I've also left the ground singing his praises after witnessing some ridiculous tekkers (I believe the youth of today call it)

16 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'd like to take one poster for a series of Rorschach tests. Do you think he'd just maniacally yell "NUHIU" at the top of his lungs, foaming at the mouth at every single one of them no matter what it looked like?

So it appears now that Nuhiu is the sole cause of our mediocrity over the last decade.

Swivel-eyed loon.

Some observations are not always appreciated on here.

Particularly in the countless, weekly, Nuhiu threads.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Never mind the goals and assists of the decade. Nuhiu wins the number of threads on Owlstalk of the decade by a landslide.

:biggrin:

Where would be without him. My Dad, a fan of 65 years, comes to one game a season. 

AYs the same things before and after his yearly visit.

”Is that donkey still playing up front ?” And “I think this will be my last visit”

You can set your watch by it.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

How about Barry Corr? The striker who played the same number of games as loanee goalkeeper Mark Crossley (19) and scored fewer goals than him?

:biggrin:

Obviously his contribution(s) passed me by. 

Although I do recall someone called Pecjnik getting more game time for his country than he did for us - whilst he was contracted to us.

The ghost of Godje Sedkowski.