Tony Strudwick

10 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

You can't knock him for taking on a challenge...

With our record and facilities.

I;d like to see his face when he sees his first training session.. 6ft 5 nuhui jumping 5ft 2 with a turning

circle like the QE2..

I am crying

:tango:

• Haha 1

On 20/06/2019 at 20:08, @owlstalk said:

Interesting point he makes here about the sports scientists putting limitations on players. I always thought Carlos (and quite a few other coaches) was guilty of this - often saying how players were too tired to play midweek/weekend/midweek, when other teams getting promoted seemed to manage it  

He's got a decent track record and seems to talk well. If he can suddenly get the likes of Lee, Van Aken and others who've picked up mysterious longer term injuries fit then he's worth his weight in gold in my opinion. Bruce wants a smaller playing squad and a big part of that being successful is having players fitter and more robust for the challenges of a full season.

Another one that may take a little time before his methods bear fruit but hopefully both he (and Bruce) are given time for it to work.

On 22/06/2019 at 22:04, enjoyyourfootball said:

Interesting point he makes here about the sports scientists putting limitations on players. I always thought Carlos (and quite a few other coaches) was guilty of this - often saying how players were too tired to play midweek/weekend/midweek, when other teams getting promoted seemed to manage it  

seems to be a trait of some foriegn managers Wenger for one talking about the players being tired. If you tell players they are tired enough times they'll start to believe it