Season ticket / pog / other options

Guest Saracen7
3 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

With the technology available today there is no excuse for not being the trail blazers with clear, transparent and innovative pricing.

• Scrap membership
  • Every single home match priced at Kop £33, North £36, South £39
  • You then buy a ticket for the number of matches you wish to attend at the start of the season.
  • Season ticket - 40% discount & priority tickets (kop season ticket £455)
  • 22 matches 38% discount
  • 21 matches 36% discount
  • 20 matches 34% discount
  • 19 matches 32% discount
  • 18 matches 30% discount
  • 17 matches 28% discount
  • 16 matches 26% discount
  • 15 matches 24% discount
  • 14 matches 22% discount
  • 13 matches 21% discount
  • 12 matches 20%
  • 11 matches 19%
  • 10 matches 18%
  • 9 matches 17%
  • 8 matches 16%
  • 7 matches 15%
  • 6 matches 14%
  • 5 matches 13%
  • 4 matches 12%
  • 3 matches 11%
  • 2 matches 10%
  • if people use us their allocation they can buy individual tickets or further bundles.
  • People attending 18 matches or more automatically get the same seat every game.  Their seat is released two weeks before the date of the match if they haven't taken up their option for the match by that point.

I think something clear and transparent like this would have great success and to my knowledge we'd be the first club to do it.  With the right website and graphics you could make it very clear and easy to understand to people when they are purchasing.  I am convinced our gates and revenue would increase if we introduced this.

Why would you scrap membership? People use it for priority points and it gives them a chance to attend away games. 

Lets not over complicate it.

Lower season ticket prices which would enable lower potg prices. Reduce category's to 3. Refund people who have purchased season tickets with vouchers (the number of which is determined by which season ticket bundle you have bough) and offer discounts on renewing season tickets and club shop purchases (including shirts) as loyalty !

Everyone happy.

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Be interested to know how many games STHs tend to miss. It varies for me but normally about four. More this year partly because of things that came up and partly because I didn't go out of my way to rearrange stuff.

As others have said, the key is deals. Three years ago for example no one would have done more than five pure  POTG league games over the season, unless they were a bit dumb or weren't too worried about money, because the membership was reasonably priced. Last year that ceased to be the case.

I've missed three this season, all due to holidays.

My daughter has had a bad year, missing twelve games due to holidays, work etc.  If she had POTG at non-member prices for the games she has attended she would have spent £2 less than her 'Early Bird' Season Ticket cost.

18 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

You cant just turn the clock backwards,weve alienated a section of our support,it will not be won back easily,and its hard to see this chairman changing direction

So over and above our 23 to 26,000 who have we managed to alienate ? Sure the 18-20,000 extras who went to Cardiff didn't feel alienated !

Success on the pitch is what brings them in like the Light Show v Brighton. No one was complaining then, though I don't recall what POG prices were that evening.  

Guest Bulgaria
9 hours ago, ad4pm said:

I would have no problem at all if POTG prices were very close to what my multi year season ticket costs me as the main reason I have season ticket is knowing I can sit with family and friends every game.

When there was standing areas then this wasn't a problem, but can't see that ever coming back so reserving our seats is why we do it. Don't get me wrong I do save a lot of cash compared to pay on the day, just wish prices were fairer across the board to fill the empty seats.

Amen

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s not easy to sort a pricing structure that will meet approval , I feel that membership is the nearest solution between season tickets and potg . 

Disagree football pricing and game coverage plus when fixtures are played has changed drastically over the last 10 years so have disposable income, payment methods and availability 

I think a flexible approach is needed 

to keep people attending 

all our fans have different needs and budgets 

I personally can not make every game so I won’t get a season. Ticket 

I make about 6-12 home games a season but never no when it’s dependent on when fixtures are played. Because of the coverage and pricing and sometimes weather and form I’ve opted out paying to go.

id have quite happily committed to a 10 game bundle and attended more games this year because I’d have already purchased the ticket 

but I’ve only been to 6 home Games this year I’m only one example of the unappealing POG pricing 

The more people who POG are less likely to miss games than those who have pre committed so I think trying to get.bundle deals would help boost attendances 

I have my son every other weekend so I miss a few games if I had a bundle I’d have probably tested him and took him on a few of those weekends by just buying him one on the day 

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So over and above our 23 to 26,000 who have we managed to alienate ? Sure the 18-20,000 extras who went to Cardiff didn't feel alienated !

Success on the pitch is what brings them in like the Light Show v Brighton. No one was complaining then, though I don't recall what POG prices were that evening.  

Prices were pretty much irrelevant that night it's the regular matchdays that need sorting.

I love the idea of a mini season ticket

as it stands now it’s costing me £300 per game (tickets fuel and hotel)

yeah I have to make a 700 mile round trip but cannot justify that sort of outlay every other week

so would love some sort of mini season ticket that gives a bit back 

because like many others it’s one hell of a commitment when you don’t live on the doorstep anymore