Season ticket / pog / other options

All too complicated.

Something very very simple like POTG pricing a few pounds above season ticket price per game. 

No silly categories whilst in Championship.

People need to know in advance what they will pay just as a season ticket holder does.

Just Kop £25, North and Grandstand £30, South £35 for all league games.

Can’t see it costing the club much over a season because present POTG attendance is minimal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I didn't renew my ST this season.  I'd had ST for a long time with just the odd year here and there I missed.  Every year, I reckon I broke even or made a loss compared to POTG prices as I travel a fair bit and work some Saturdays.  I still made the investment even though I was only getting to between 16-20 games a season.  I didn't mind so much because it was my club.  Something changed though.  One bizarre decision after another.  One bizarre statement after another.  I no longer felt like I mattered.  This isn't a woe-is-me post, but just an explanation of my thought process.  I couldn't justify to myself spending that amount of money when I saw what was happening at every level of the club.

I figured that if I didn't get a season ticket I would POTG for the games I could get to.  I attended one match this season.  One match.  

Funny thing is, when you look at the POTG prices it's amazing how difficult the decision is to part with that cash for a one-off.  

I'd be surprised if I'm the only person who went through this process.  

I'm not getting a season ticket next season.  It's more difficult to justify buying a season ticket when I know that I'll be out of the UK most of September, December and April as well as a few Saturdays where the fixture list does me no favours and I'm at work.  I wonder how many times I will POTG next season....?  Probably one less time than this season.

I've had an idea...

You get the ST and I'll buy the Sept, Dec and April matches from you !

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

All too complicated.

Something very very simple like POTG pricing a few pounds above season ticket price per game. 

No silly categories whilst in Championship.

People need to know in advance what they will pay just as a season ticket holder does.

Just Kop £25, North and Grandstand £30, South £35 for all league games.

Can’t see it costing the club much over a season because present POTG attendance is minimal

I agree.

No point having empty seats.

We lose out and so does the club.

Just get bums on seats.

its far too late now to attract young fans /students to Hillsborough

why would they pay £30/40 to watch Wednesday vs Luton

when pigs will be charging the same or less to watch them play man city

dc has messed up the pricing and we will suffer in the long run with it

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

You cant just turn the clock backwards,weve alienated a section of our support,it will not be won back easily,and its hard to see this chairman changing direction

I would urge all parties to look forwards.

What do we want for the club collectively and individually in the years ahead?

We can't do it without the club and they certainly can't do it without us.

Hope Bruce has a word in his shell like.

DC will have sat down with his advisors,constructed a business model,identified his targets,set a budget and done a risk assessment knowing full well he was going to alienate 3-4K people,that was the risk,hes gambled and lost.

You could charge a fiver and some of those hes stopped attending wouldnt come on principal,and I wouldnt blame them.

The current system is ludicrously complex, compare this to kop pricing in the famous season 1990 / 91

My season ticket bought at the best early bird discount price was £74 which was £3.22 per match, pay on the day was £5, no categories just one price. 

So by  buying  all the games and paying up front I got just over a third off. 

That seems to me to be a fair and easy to understand system. 

Edited by Geedee

Guest mkowl

Every student of economics will understand the theory about our pricing

However every advanced student of economics will have studied behaviour theories as well and some of the comments in this thread are classic examples of why the pricing model does not work in practice.

I am yet to be convinced that this business model materially impacts on our revenues over the course of the season. 

The bottom line is that the pricing model is way too complex for what is ultimately watching 22 blokes kick a ball round some grass. 

I would have no problem at all if POTG prices were very close to what my multi year season ticket costs me as the main reason I have season ticket is knowing I can sit with family and friends every game.

When there was standing areas then this wasn't a problem, but can't see that ever coming back so reserving our seats is why we do it. Don't get me wrong I do save a lot of cash compared to pay on the day, just wish prices were fairer across the board to fill the empty seats.

Edited by ad4pm

10 hours ago, fpowl said:

Should be a bundle pricing system 

5 game package 

7 game package 

10 game package 

these can also have different pricing packages of gold silver and bronze as many won’t know what there availability’s are and with fixture changes to allow for different category games 

bronze packages includes category c games and below

silver packages included category b games and below 

gold packages include all games  

alternatively there can be a flat rate but with POG top ups for the higher category games 

so for example a 10 game bundle may cost £280 (£28) per game put category c games will cost £2 on top category b games £4 and Category a games £6

you can spread the bundle cost over the season on monthly payments and it gives an affordable and flexible way of following Wednesday 

So going by your example that’s £340 for 10 games  Presume you mean these prices are for the South stand ? Bit pricey 

12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If there was a Saturday season ticket which charged a bit more per game than a full season ticket, I'd be on it in a flash.

The only issue would be when Sky start fecking around with the fixture list, of course. The club would just have to refund us or send out something of equivalent value each time it happened, I suppose. They must still have a few thousand playoff final t-shirts they're looking to shift...

I can’t make sure saturdays but would happily shell out for a midweek season ticket I go to most night matches so would make sense it wouldn’t be fair on full season ticket holders to price it the same per match charge but if it was somewhere between that and the POTG price I would go for it

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So going by your example that’s £340 for 10 games  Presume you mean these prices are for the South stand ? Bit pricey 

It’s an example buddy price it to the relevant area or current pricing 

I wasn’t doing that I was giving an example 

different areas will have different pricing like they do in any other days 

cop, north, south, family enclosure 

With the technology available today there is no excuse for not being the trail blazers with clear, transparent and innovative pricing.

• Scrap membership
  • Every single home match priced at Kop £33, North £36, South £39
  • You then buy a ticket for the number of matches you wish to attend at the start of the season.
  • Season ticket - 40% discount & priority tickets (kop season ticket £455)
  • 22 matches 38% discount
  • 21 matches 36% discount
  • 20 matches 34% discount
  • 19 matches 32% discount
  • 18 matches 30% discount
  • 17 matches 28% discount
  • 16 matches 26% discount
  • 15 matches 24% discount
  • 14 matches 22% discount
  • 13 matches 21% discount
  • 12 matches 20%
  • 11 matches 19%
  • 10 matches 18%
  • 9 matches 17%
  • 8 matches 16%
  • 7 matches 15%
  • 6 matches 14%
  • 5 matches 13%
  • 4 matches 12%
  • 3 matches 11%
  • 2 matches 10%
  • if people use us their allocation they can buy individual tickets or further bundles.
  • People attending 18 matches or more automatically get the same seat every game.  Their seat is released two weeks before the date of the match if they haven't taken up their option for the match by that point.

I think something clear and transparent like this would have great success and to my knowledge we'd be the first club to do it.  With the right website and graphics you could make it very clear and easy to understand to people when they are purchasing.  I am convinced our gates and revenue would increase if we introduced this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Got a really wacky concept but it might just work ....

good value season tickets and reasonably  priced pay on the day tickets without stupid categories etc. Mental I know ,  but it might just work 

Stop talking common sense mate. 

I take the grandson to the games now and have not had a season ticket for about 15 years so am very much a potg'er. When we go on Sunday it will be our 14th home game together this season and I've been to another one without him (had to keep it a secret) 

So a season ticket might well have paid off for me, I'd certainly have saved a little on the nipper and in hindsight should have at least got us memberships but next season might only be 12 fixtures because of my work. Or it could be 20 fixtures. 

I think the idea of 5 and 10 game packages to be used anytime sold at a flat rate for Kop and lower West (should be home fans every game) would be ideal for me and people like me. You would still have to book your ticket each game using one voucher out of your 5 or 10 game package and be able to upgrade to North or South for a fee. 

Personally, I'd buy a 10 game at start of season and go from there. 

Really hope they look into something like this. 

Also, I don't mind us sitting on the Kop, near the front but admit to paying an extra £10 for most games (South) just to have the privilege of buying half decent food for the grandson to eat while at the match. 

Some good ideas on here though, hope the powers that be are listening. 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

It’s an example buddy price it to the relevant area or current pricing 

I wasn’t doing that I was giving an example 

different areas will have different pricing like they do in any other days 

cop, north, south, family enclosure 

It’s not easy to sort a pricing structure that will meet approval , I feel that membership is the nearest solution between season tickets and potg . 

Be interested to know how many games STHs tend to miss. It varies for me but normally about four. More this year partly because of things that came up and partly because I didn't go out of my way to rearrange stuff.

As others have said, the key is deals. Three years ago for example no one would have done more than five pure  POTG league games over the season, unless they were a bit dumb or weren't too worried about money, because the membership was reasonably priced. Last year that ceased to be the case.

You're not alone at all.

I used to find myself travelling from Coventry to every game because i simply couldn't handle the thought of not been there.

These days we are a cash cow, milked for everything we have and I just dont feel it anymore. Under Jos, I'd go as far as saying I actually disliked the club and had no interest in being any part of it whatsoever, With the appointment of Bruce however I am regaining my love for it. And I love Bruce for that. Yes Chansiri brought him in but its Bruce who I will be thanking for bringing the good feeling back. Its not about the results, its about the honest and compassion that he shows to fans and players alike. It means a hell of a lot to me that. I need to be proud to support this club and in the recent past I have been nowhere near it. Its changing with Bruce.

My son is 3.5 now and I want to take him. Living in Leicester its a fair drive up to Sheffield so I genuinely considered if it was worth bringing him up a Wednesday fan (something that had always meant so much to me). Under Jos and the way Chansiri was driving the club into the ground I was wondering how bad it would be to take him to watch Leicester (even through deep down I knew I didnt want to do that).

Thanks to Steve Bruce I will be doing everything I can to take him to S6. Chansiri has finally got the managerial appointment right, now he needs to focus on other key issues such as affordable pricing.

Those are my honest feelings

• Like 1