Season ticket / pog / other options

As someone who's unable to commit to every home game I feel I'm being ripped off with pog prices.

Consequently I haven't been nearly as much as I'd like.

Another OT member suggested that pog prices are designed to drive season ticket sales. Fair do's I get that.

Pog is no longer attractive and as an alternative I'd like to see a 5 or 7 game voucher valid for the season priced at say £150 and £200 respectively.

This would encourage committment from casuals like myself and see them attending more games than they otherwise would, boosting attendances and revenue / cashflow.

Thoughts ?

Id agree in principle, however I can see two problems. 

First of all, we have so meny crazy catagories, the variation in price makes it hard to price. If that makes sense. However you could set it at the price of a season ticket per game for a number of games ie 20 quid a game for 9 games. 

Secondly, uptake. Now while this option would be great for you personally. The club did run something like this earlier and the uptake was poor. So you could argue that the club tried it and it wasnt a success. It would only really be worth doing if say it added 2-3k on the gate. 

Edited by Maddogbob

If there was a Saturday season ticket which charged a bit more per game than a full season ticket, I'd be on it in a flash.

The only issue would be when Sky start fecking around with the fixture list, of course. The club would just have to refund us or send out something of equivalent value each time it happened, I suppose. They must still have a few thousand playoff final t-shirts they're looking to shift...

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If there was a Saturday season ticket which charged a bit more per game than a full season ticket, I'd be on it in a flash.

The only issue would be when Sky start fecking around with the fixture list, of course. The club would just have to refund us or send out something of equivalent value each time it happened, I suppose. They must still have a few thousand playoff final t-shirts they're looking to shift...

Jeez, ill be honest, didnt even consider, the sky factor. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

You need a degree to work out Wednesday differnt ticket price categories, membership schemes, multi year season ticket.

All too complicated and another reason why we struggle to attract new support or lapsed fans.

Not all bad we attracting new season ticket holders 

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Id agree in principle, however I can see two problems. 

First of all, we have so meny crazy catagories, the variation in price makes it hard to price. If that makes sense. However you could set it at the price of a season ticket per game for a number of games ie 20 quid a game for 9 games. 

Secondly, uptake. Now while this option would be great for you personally. The club did run something like this earlier and the uptake was poor. So you could argue that the club tried it and it wasnt a success. It would only really be worth doing if say it added 2-3k on the gate. 

Problem was, it was for matches before a certain date, (think you had to be used before end of Dec, second date was for matches after this date,

for me due to work or Sky changing dates times, couldn't get to games, if they had one where you could use for 6 or 10 matches when ever in the 

Season, this would help.

How about every game you genuinely miss as a season ticket holder is kept as a credit against a premier league game / season ticket discount when we are.... sorry.... if ever we are promoted. We won't need the money then.

Tempting?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As someone who can only attend weekend fixtures for the most part, it's something I'm painfully aware of.

Friday night games are the pits.

And Monday night steel city derbies when you’re working 200 miles away... 

Should be a bundle pricing system 

5 game package 

7 game package 

10 game package 

these can also have different pricing packages of gold silver and bronze as many won’t know what there availability’s are and with fixture changes to allow for different category games 

bronze packages includes category c games and below

silver packages included category b games and below 

gold packages include all games  

alternatively there can be a flat rate but with POG top ups for the higher category games 

so for example a 10 game bundle may cost £280 (£28) per game put category c games will cost £2 on top category b games £4 and Category a games £6

you can spread the bundle cost over the season on monthly payments and it gives an affordable and flexible way of following Wednesday 

Well for me the idea would be that you could redeem vouchers for games that suit you. Just like pog but you spend your vouchers.But if you don't use em you lose em.

Pricing structure would need some thought but tbh it could do with simplifying anyway.

As for uptake of similar ideas being poor in the past ... I've not been aware else I'd have had a go.

What market research has been done ?

None in my experience, I'm a prime target and never seen anything.

The club just needs to give it some proper promotional attention... instead of ringing me about the latest meaningless hairbrained scheme they've dreamt up.

I'd just like to see a plan where the club maximises revenue and attendances whilst giving all a bit of value.

1. Max out ST sales

2. Followed by 5-7 game vouchers

3. Offer rest as POG as available

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Should be a bundle pricing system 

5 game package 

7 game package 

10 game package 

these can also have different pricing packages of gold silver and bronze as many won’t know what there availability’s are and with fixture changes to allow for different category games 

bronze packages includes category c games and below

silver packages included category b games and below 

gold packages include all games  

alternatively there can be a flat rate but with POG top ups for the higher category games 

so for example a 10 game bundle may cost £280 (£28) per game put category c games will cost £2 on top category b games £4 and Category a games £6

you can spread the bundle cost over the season on monthly payments and it gives an affordable and flexible way of following Wednesday 

Could you do me a spreadsheet on that please lol

I didn't renew my ST this season.  I'd had ST for a long time with just the odd year here and there I missed.  Every year, I reckon I broke even or made a loss compared to POTG prices as I travel a fair bit and work some Saturdays.  I still made the investment even though I was only getting to between 16-20 games a season.  I didn't mind so much because it was my club.  Something changed though.  One bizarre decision after another.  One bizarre statement after another.  I no longer felt like I mattered.  This isn't a woe-is-me post, but just an explanation of my thought process.  I couldn't justify to myself spending that amount of money when I saw what was happening at every level of the club.

I figured that if I didn't get a season ticket I would POTG for the games I could get to.  I attended one match this season.  One match.  

Funny thing is, when you look at the POTG prices it's amazing how difficult the decision is to part with that cash for a one-off.  

I'd be surprised if I'm the only person who went through this process.  

I'm not getting a season ticket next season.  It's more difficult to justify buying a season ticket when I know that I'll be out of the UK most of September, December and April as well as a few Saturdays where the fixture list does me no favours and I'm at work.  I wonder how many times I will POTG next season....?  Probably one less time than this season.