Our Lowest Ebb? c1973-76

14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

It had everything in it 

Still got most of it too!!!

I'm currently writing up a section on memorabilia - what people kept and why. I have autograph books, silk scarfs, a north stand cushion, and programmes galore so far. I'd be really interested in seeing anything you might still have from c73-76 :)

9 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I'm currently writing up a section on memorabilia - what people kept and why. I have autograph books, silk scarfs, a north stand cushion, and programmes galore so far. I'd be really interested in seeing anything you might still have from c73-76 :)

I keep popping my bits n bobs on Owlstalk BWO....

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:12, Bearwood Owl1 said:

More negatively... I'd love to hear any memories, or see any memorabilia that people might have on the Save Our Owls campaign in the Star.  Picture below is the only one I have :(

save our star.jpg

Dunsby may help. I made the Nationals by selling the car in order to stock up on the share issue that was made by Wednesday. I placed the add in the Star and to give it gravitas they sent up a Photographer... The cheeky sods sold it on to all the tabloids. To be fair a 3 month old Mk III 2 ltr was a bit steep for me, I finished up with £250 in shares and a clapped out Hillman Hunter lol

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Dunsby may help. I made the Nationals by selling the car in order to stock up on the share issue that was made by Wednesday. I placed the add in the Star and to give it gravitas they sent up a Photographer... The cheeky sods sold it on to all the tabloids. To be fair a 3 month old Mk III 2 ltr was a bit steep for me, I finished up with £250 in shares and a clapped out Hillman Hunter lol

If that Hillman Hunter was white, you might have sold it onto my sister in 79 or 80!

55 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Love the story! I'm being g quite strict with myself - finishing at the end of 75-76 when we reached our lowest ever league position. The share issue came later in 76 than that.

I might make an exception in my section on fans stories and tall tales though :) Might well give you a shout when I get to that one.

Dunsby has already been a huge help, on here, via his SWFC history Facebook group and Twitter. I think even he's struggling to find a Save Our Owls sticker though!

9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Can't remember 1500 me thinks. The Cortina was possibly Ghia 2 litre or GTXLR in a lovely shade of Purple.

That would be Ford "Purple Velvet".

Very nice colour ,

Common with the Mk1 Granada Ghia Coupe (apart from the silly white vinyl roof some of them had) 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Thanks 1

Been offered a publishing deal for this - which means that,  all being well, next summer thete'll be a professionally produced book on the shelves of all good retailers.

Thanks to everyone's help so far on it. The book aims to reflect the experience of fans - I couldn't do that without all the comments here and elsewhere.  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Writing up my memorabilia section as I type - well getting a little distracted :)

Anyhow, I would love to see a season ticket or two from 73-74, 74-75 or 75-76. Would anyone have one that they could take a picture of?

I'd like to see a picture from one of the programmes c. 76 of a very attractive 18 year old modelling Wednesday knickers with the owls logo on them! I was in love (or lust) with her!

16 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

I'd like to see a picture from one of the programmes c. 76 of a very attractive 18 year old modelling Wednesday knickers with the owls logo on them! I was in love (or lust) with her!

Hahaha - I'll let you know if I find it!

On 12/06/2019 at 10:43, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Hahaha - I'll let you know if I find it!

Pretty sure it was 76 or 77! Someone posted it a few years ago in the Owlets section!

• Like 1

I've got lots of stories of what it was like to stand during the mid 70s - on the Kop or the Lepp. 

Less so on what it was like in the stands. Did anyone sit in the North/South? If so, what was it like - facilities, view, row of seats all to yourself?

North Stand 2.jpg

North Stand.JPG

South Stand Mid 70s.jpg

South Stand.JPG

Draft of this is all finished now. A couple more interviews to follow up and then editing and proofreading. Should mean that it's out in late spring/early summer next year. 

It's already listed on Amazon though - which I must admit got me a little excited :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Lowest-Ebb-2020-Wednesdays/dp/1908847174/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=john+dyson+our+lowest+ebb&qid=1573682918&sr=8-1

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Draft of this is all finished now. A couple more interviews to follow up and then editing and proofreading. Should mean that it's out in late spring/early summer next year. 

It's already listed on Amazon though - which I must admit got me a little excited :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Lowest-Ebb-2020-Wednesdays/dp/1908847174/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=john+dyson+our+lowest+ebb&qid=1573682918&sr=8-1

well lets hope that when it comes out the that its still our lowest ebb ……...

• Haha 1