Any fan videos of the goal?

Guest ka58

5 hours ago, sexpistol said:

That game was in 1982 and we drew 2-2 That Towner dive effectively cost us promotion that season. Big Jack was the manager.

Remember that  game very well indeed because myself and two of my mates got into the away end via the back of Booths Scrapyard.:tango:

Guest Bulgaria
12 hours ago, ANDY said:

Good to see Mr Westwood going berserk when we got a last kick of the game goal. He has definitely got blue and white in his heart.:duntmatter:

11 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Good to see Mr Westwood going berserk when we got a last kick of the game goal. He has definitely got blue and white in his heart.:duntmatter:

I don’t know if you are on the wind up, but he didn’t go beserk. Looking at that video, I’m surprised there was no reaction to our goal from him.

I can’t  fathom out why he was getting abuse??

Edited by sexpistol
  • Haha 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:57, sexpistol said:

That game was in 1982 and we drew 2-2 That Towner dive effectively cost us promotion that season. Big Jack was the manager.

Typical Wednesday, we were 6 points clear of 4th place with 5 games and contrived to lose 2 and draw 2 of the next 4 games such that come the last game v Norwich (who finished 3rd) we had no chance of going up!!

It was a shocking dive and to compound it Hughes celebrated in front of the away end. I thought it was going to kick off as everyone was rightly livid. We'd had some pretty poor decisions against us that season (recurring theme?) including a very debatable penalty given to Luton which cost us 2 points and a bizarre decision v Grimsby where Curran flicked the ball past the keeper and was about to head it into an empty goal when he was unceremoniously barged over by a defender. In doing so, the ball hit his hand but still went into the goal. So it's either a goal or a penalty...nope, the ref gives them a free kick for handball. You couldn't make it up!! And before anyone else says it, yes I do bear a grudge lol