Subbed players walking off slowly

Said this before, but it should be done in a similar way to rugby, ref does not control the time it is done independently, the ref could always signal

to the time keeper that he wants time added on for time wasting etc, should be set limits on time added on for say subs and player injuries, another way is to add time on when the ball is dead, and the clock starts again as soon as ball in play.

Edited by daleblue

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

I'm by no means condoning the ref ading 9 minutes yesterday. 

But I think walking off extra slow when you are trying to time waste only makes the refs add it on at the end with interest. 

It's all about their perception. And a slow paced walk compared to a medium /slow paced jog doesn't actually waste that much time compared to the time refs penalise for it if they perceive time wasting. 

There clearly weren't 9 minutes of stoppages in that half, West Brom subs all came in one and there were no goals. 

So the ref has added massive time because he perceived we time wasted. 

So to conclude that overlong post, I think we should limit time wasting as it only annoys refs and makes them add 9 minutes from nowhere. 

Or maybe because we had an extra man, keep the ball and not invite them to forward for the last 10 minutes and suffer the inevitable.

A tactic which has been used for years and years and years walking off very slowly wee wees me off even with my own team Does it Super winds up the ref 7 times out of 10 you end up conceding And geting you’re just Deserves-for time Wasting. 

Just gets me mad that’s all it’s time for the angry face

521DC06E-08FC-48D5-80AC-BF2F3AD09BDD.gif

It's all very well talking about keeping the ball (even with an extra man), but we can barely manage to keep it for 30 seconds anyway, let alone keep it for 6 minutes of added time! Incidentally, according to here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/gegentorverteilung/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/1 that was the first injury time goal we've conceded this season. So maybe we're so bad in that area after all. Of course, this might have a lot to do with the fact that our goals against record for the previous 45 minutes is appalling, so the opposition don't need to bother attacking in added time (Ipswich haven't conceded any goals in injury time).