New manager - If you was DC adviser

25 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

But thats the thing,this "we only want whats best for swfc",can never really be decided by fans on here,there's absolutely no one,no one i would take advice off,off here if i were employed by or indeed the owner of swfc,some are absolutely bat shyte crazy man.

discussing is not deciding. Also even the odd nutter has something insightful to enlighten you occasionally

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Nigel Worthington ?? Danny Wilson for me was never going to be a good manager and Chris turner was not a 1st team player all the time when we was most successful

Remind me, who was in net in the Rumbelows Cup final? 

Also, you’re right, Danny Wilson would never have got an England cap (as per a later post), seeing as he played for Northern Ireland!

27 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Was never a fan until recently and took me a while to warm to the idea while others sang his praises, but now thinking from a chairman's point of view, said it a few times recently reiterating what others have been saying, as far as the availabile managers Holloway is the stand out candidate and I've been converted to believe that he would be the championship breath of fresh air we need. 

Much better in our current position than bruce. Holloway gets his teams battling like their lives depended on it

5 minutes ago, jamese said:

Remind me, who was in net in the Rumbelows Cup final? 

Also, you’re right, Danny Wilson would never have got an England cap (as per a later post), seeing as he played for Northern Ireland!

that was my point . wow !  you are very wrong to think that anyone did not know that. I also would not class the 91 side as our best. The 93 team was better but not because of woods over turner.

Edited by hirstys_achilles

28 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

But this "fact" you state gets negated if and when we receive offers for players in January,you wanna explain how an embargo for breaching p&s gets lifted to allow us to sign 2 players,But we are skint ?

If you look through our transfers out,IE income from players sold we dont have any,we are one of the very few clubs in the country that doesnt generate ANY player income,so to balance the shortfall,we need a pretty hefty sale of around 13M for FFP just  to tread water,any monies over that figure  would provide transfer funds.

Not sure what happens if new owners come in? Would we get set back to zero? if so Chansiri might as well sell to D taxis..............

5 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

if you go on owlstalk to judge spelling, grammer, punctuation or anything other than talking about swfc no matter what standard of english language writing you judge the post to be. If you feel only the need to poke childish fun at my expense you really are pretty sad. If thats the best attempt at humour your not funny either.

Surely you could make an attempt at paragraphs though. A wall of words makes the reader not want to bother.

Not a big fan of bringing in ex players of the club to manage, especially when their records aren't great. Take out the club link and you wouldn't touch most with a barge pole. Can't help but feel that both Bruce or Jokanovic would want significant money to spend which isn't wise in our current state. My personal choice would be Lee Johnson from Bristol City. He's got a team playing decent football which was put together on a low budget. He's generating good profit on the likes of Aden Flint, Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan. I like how he talks in front of the media abut on the touchline he can be animated and passionate which is something we lack.