New manager - If you was DC adviser

You're entitled to your opinion but i dont get the clamour (from most clubs) to have an ex-player as a manager. All it does is give them a slightly longer honeymoon period. Imagine if Waddle came in and took us down, fans wouldn't think twice if calling for him to be sacked. 

Hear all the time when clubs are looking for a new manager, we need someone who knows and understands the club. Sorry but that's b0ll0x. Whats to know? The appointment just needs to be a good manager and good fit for the club in question. Ask yourself this, who would do a better job managing at Hillsborough, Carlton Palmer or Neil Warnock?

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Good point He deffo could do well. Do you think he may be too nice ?? I dont and would love to see him back

We need a strong leader to stand upto the chairman and the influences around him,not sure Rolys the guy,Pearson takes no crap,he walked out at leicester for that reason under mandaric,Hes our boy if we want to move foreward

Guest wilyfox

Jokanovic would excite me, but I could see the logic in Bruce. One would have us playing more attractive football, the other should organise us better. Flip a coin, I won't grumble at either. 

Paul Heckingbottom.

Can work without money, to a budget, working with players already there and uses the academy successfully. He also knows the club, had success as a player in your colours, knows some of the people there. Lee Bullen for example. Got the best out of Sam Winnall. Plays intense, high-pressing football with attacking the only tactic. 

You can knock him, I am not calling him perfect. He has his faults. But nobody will give it more graft and have more to prove. 

He will also cost a lot less than the likes of Bruce. 

Chansiri is your issue. Has been from the moment he walked in.

But you lapped up the nonsense while winning games. The daft signings (Rhodes especially). Now, it looks a bit silly doesn't it? The golden elephants, his name on the seating, ditching the stripes, the two minute dedication to one of his countrymen, the obscene pricing, the anniversary disaster, the fake companies he's not set up hoping to dodge the rules and failing, the treatment of certain players, legendary ex players, superb staff behind the scenes he forced out, I could be here all night. 

Seeing United thriving no doubt adds to the sting. 

Give Hecky the gig. Be sensible. 

Or Bruce on big money and carry on the crazy.

Good luck to you all and Merry Xmas.

13 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

deluded owl - Bruce has not been massively successful. Palmer and waddle are ex england internationals a class above wilson and turner, (wilson would never have got an england cap) waddle and palmer not been at a club anywhere near swfc size

Promotions from this league to the prem is a dam sight more succesful than anything waddle,palmer,wilson,turner et al have done.

Size of club means diddly,if palmer couldn't do it at poxy stockport,waddle tanked at middle of the road burnley,why the hell does it matter.

3 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Paul Heckingbottom.

Can work without money, to a budget, working with players already there and uses the academy successfully. He also knows the club, had success as a player in your colours, knows some of the people there. Lee Bullen for example. Got the best out of Sam Winnall. Plays intense, high-pressing football with attacking the only tactic. 

You can knock him, I am not calling him perfect. He has his faults. But nobody will give it more graft and have more to prove. 

But you lapped up the nonsense while winning games. The daft signings (Rhodes especially). Now, it looks a bit silly doesn't it? The golden elephants, his name on the seating, ditching the stripes, the two minute dedication to one of his countrymen, the obscene pricing, the anniversary disaster, the fake companies he's not set up hoping to dodge the rules and failing, the treatment of certain players, legendary ex players, superb staff behind the scenes he forced out, I could be here all night. 

Our chairman doesnt do sensible pal,but your not wrong fella,Heckys a good manager,

Merry chrimbo pal

5 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Paul Heckingbottom.

Stank at leeds tho didn't he.

50 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Its hard to judge from a totally bias footballing point of view but I really feel that something at SWFC is different from other clubs. It's not one major thing that sets us apart from other clubs but lots of smaller differences that in total add up to the whole of SWFC being unique. This is probably from the emotions of following our team and the ups and downs that have been in our past has moulded the wednesday and fans into  the mindset of what we want from our club now. Experience has made us take the under achieving on the chin I've seen referees make decisions at hillsborough that at Elland rd would cause a riot. Fans are even passive to the league bigwigs making things difficult for us (just look at how ffp has been talked about) at most other clubs fans would immediately slate the league and their rules, were as swfc fans have 99 % of time blamed our own chairman and his decisions in the past,(hindsight makes it much easier) some comments being very upsetting to DC (his own words). In reality DC has done what any fan would do if they had loads of money and owned the club, that is to spend on the best he can get for the manager. I could go on for pages why wednesday is different and in my eyes special and you may agree or disagree but I think whats most important about our next manager is to have the knowledge and even experience of playing for SWFC at the highest level. Not necessarily a fan as well as (ex pros rarely are fans like non ex pros). Nigel Pearson is a bright guy who played his heart out here and was a captain who i cant recall ever putting a foot wrong off the pitch. He was liked by all the fans and players but most importantly he knows the club and its supporters inside out. I was at old trafford when bruce scored in 98th minute and I can never forget that moment knee slides and all ! Pearson built the base of a Leicester team that won the prem. Pearson has to be DC first choice. I would love to see Chris Waddle have a go, OK he has no management experience but neither did Keegan at Newcastle. Waddle knows the club and has the stature to be respected by players and has personality in abundance which are all attributes in todays game that can make up for little management experience. I dont think Waddle would want it but I wish he did !! My third and probably most controversial choice would be another ex swfc player with no management experience anywhere else is Carlton Palmer. He never shirked a single challenge while playing and he would be same as manager. A much better player than ever given credit for outside sheffield (ask les ferdinand) when man marking or getting a cross in when most players would be happy trying to get a corner. I hate to say it but its working with Wilder at Bramall lane. We have a much bigger and better talent pool of ex players to choose from right now, if things don't change at SWFC the next generation the boot will be on the other foot so something needs to change and quick and I think an ex player of those standards is what we need to be the club we want it to be again.

BD16F998-70A8-4EB4-B048-EC0085F9CB0C.gif.ba08d7d128568786f1257c7217111ef6.gif

15 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Brian Clough was 10X the nutter Pearson will ever be,he won the champions league twice for..........Nottingham Forest? Whod have thought that possible then or now,so bieng nutz aint all that bad.

Hes never been asked to manage Wednesday,so his will has never been tested,hes still held in high regard by many here and Im one of those.

Hed sort this club out top to bottom,lets buy him a house in derbyshire and give him the bloody job

Totally agree. I met Pearson a few times. Once chatted for about 20 mins in HMV at meadowhall. My mum had a massive crush on him and he was great fun and a total gentleman. He got my 91 rumbelows cup shirt signed by the whole team who played. I wore it that often I wore it out. I sure the so called quotes of him not wanting to manage swfc are taken out of context. I think his comments were that the swfc managers job is not a dream of his or the only job he would want. Nobody knows apart from himself if DC offered it to him whether he will take it. (apart from those who are itk on here !!!)

15 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Totally delusional

Bit harsh, he’s entitled to his opinion like anyone else on here ... no more ‘delusional’ than the posters claiming DC is picking the side , and KM is an asset stripper 

5 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

He came 35 years ago,with a style of football that is so outdated for tadays game it belongs in a museum,am in no way dissin what he did for us

The comment was not for managing swfc now ?? It worked then. it sounds like you are dissing him then saying your not so thats ok then ????

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Bit harsh, he’s entitled to his opinion like anyone else on here ... no more ‘delusional’ than the posters claiming DC is picking the side , and KM is an asset stripper 

its in the name sorry the comment the above quoted on

Edited by hirstys_achilles

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

The comment was not for managing swfc now ?? It worked then. it sounds like you are dissing him then saying your not so thats ok then ????

Do i speak a different language all of a sudden,Wilkinsons style of football has no place in the modern game.

He wouldn't know how to manage today.