New manager - If you was DC adviser

Its hard to judge from a totally bias footballing point of view but I really feel that something at SWFC is different from other clubs. It's not one major thing that sets us apart from other clubs but lots of smaller differences that in total add up to the whole of SWFC being unique. This is probably from the emotions of following our team and the ups and downs that have been in our past has moulded the wednesday and fans into  the mindset of what we want from our club now. Experience has made us take the under achieving on the chin I've seen referees make decisions at hillsborough that at Elland rd would cause a riot. Fans are even passive to the league bigwigs making things difficult for us (just look at how ffp has been talked about) at most other clubs fans would immediately slate the league and their rules, were as swfc fans have 99 % of time blamed our own chairman and his decisions in the past,(hindsight makes it much easier) some comments being very upsetting to DC (his own words). In reality DC has done what any fan would do if they had loads of money and owned the club, that is to spend on the best he can get for the manager. I could go on for pages why wednesday is different and in my eyes special and you may agree or disagree but I think whats most important about our next manager is to have the knowledge and even experience of playing for SWFC at the highest level. Not necessarily a fan as well as (ex pros rarely are fans like non ex pros). Nigel Pearson is a bright guy who played his heart out here and was a captain who i cant recall ever putting a foot wrong off the pitch. He was liked by all the fans and players but most importantly he knows the club and its supporters inside out. I was at old trafford when bruce scored in 98th minute and I can never forget that moment knee slides and all ! Pearson built the base of a Leicester team that won the prem. Pearson has to be DC first choice. I would love to see Chris Waddle have a go, OK he has no management experience but neither did Keegan at Newcastle. Waddle knows the club and has the stature to be respected by players and has personality in abundance which are all attributes in todays game that can make up for little management experience. I dont think Waddle would want it but I wish he did !! My third and probably most controversial choice would be another ex swfc player with no management experience anywhere else is Carlton Palmer. He never shirked a single challenge while playing and he would be same as manager. A much better player than ever given credit for outside sheffield (ask les ferdinand) when man marking or getting a cross in when most players would be happy trying to get a corner. I hate to say it but its working with Wilder at Bramall lane. We have a much bigger and better talent pool of ex players to choose from right now, if things don't change at SWFC the next generation the boot will be on the other foot so something needs to change and quick and I think an ex player of those standards is what we need to be the club we want it to be again.

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

No more ex players as wednesday manger thanks.

Such an informative post backing your opinion up with solid evidence to support your view. Thanks for replying. But with as few words as possible why reply with a total opposite opinion and assertivly expressed without any reasoning for your position. We have only had one player of a successful team become manager and Trevor Francis didnt do to bad did he ?? so whats is your point ?

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Such an informative post backing your opinion up with solid evidence to support your view. Thanks for replying. But with as few words as possible why reply with a total opposite opinion and assertivly expressed without any reasoning for your position. We have only had one player of a successful team become manager and Trevor Francis didnt do to bad did he ?? so whats is your point ?

You mean apart from Danny Wilson and Chris Turner?

Also, Waddle and Palmer both have management experience, unfortunately they weren’t very successful.....

Edited by jamese

if you go on owlstalk to judge spelling, grammer, punctuation or anything other than talking about swfc no matter what standard of english language writing you judge the post to be. If you feel only the need to poke childish fun at my expense you really are pretty sad. If thats the best attempt at humour your not funny either.

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Carlton Palmer was a disaster as a manager.

Chris waddle was a disaster as a manager.

Danny wilson was a disaster as a manager.

Chris turner was a disaster as a manager.

Ya really need it explaining anymore than that.

5 minutes ago, jamese said:

You mean apart from Danny Wilson and Chris Turner?

Also, Waddle and Palmer both have management experience, unfortunately they weren’t very successful.....

Nigel Worthington ?? Danny Wilson for me was never going to be a good manager and Chris turner was not a 1st team player all the time when we was most successful

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nigel Pearson is an absolute nutter, and has stated more than once he doesn’t want to manage this club 

Brian Clough was 10X the nutter Pearson will ever be,he won the champions league twice for..........Nottingham Forest? Whod have thought that possible then or now,so bieng nutz aint all that bad.

Hes never been asked to manage Wednesday,so his will has never been tested,hes still held in high regard by many here and Im one of those.

Hed sort this club out top to bottom,lets buy him a house in derbyshire and give him the bloody job

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Carlton Palmer was a disaster as a manager.

Chris waddle was a disaster as a manager.

Danny wilson was a disaster as a manager.

Chris turner was a disaster as a manager.

Ya really need it explaining anymore than that.

And let's not forget another former Wednesday player who was a disaster as a manager.

Peter Eustace.