New manager - If you was DC adviser

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Stank at leeds tho didn't he.

Yep, can't be denied. But what he did at Barnsley surely eclipses that few months? Maybe not.

In most ways you're more of a Leeds than a Barnsley, but in the current guise? Nope. You're skint, the club is on a huge downer. It needn't be Hecky. But it needs to be someone of that ilk. Same cloth. Like Chris Wilder (sorry to say it). Local lads, know the environment, the league, the players etc. You can't get relegated. Not saying they'd keep you up, but if you end up appointing someone like Bruce then it's example number 1867 that Chansiri is bereft of a clue. 

Just a neutral opinion, and check my history, my opinion doesn't alter. Chansiri is your issue.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Do i speak a different language all of a sudden,Wilkinsons style of football has no place in the modern game.

He wouldn't know how to manage today.

you must. nobody suggested hw as a manager now but as an example of an ex player who managed swfc well. the fact you cant understand that proves what i think of you and your opinion.

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I dont think bruce is the answer. Hecky did at barnsley with no money was exceptional. Leeds make some strange hiring decisions

And we have no money,and if we did have money wed only spaff it on some ex prem has been thats looking for some easy payday to retire on

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I dont think bruce is the answer. Hecky did at barnsley with no money was exceptional. Leeds make some strange hiring decisions

We have no money,I think Hecky would relish this,good honest straight talker,but could he stand upto the chairman and his advisor???? is he a strong charchter?

Just now, W H I T E Y said:

Yep, can't be denied. But what he did at Barnsley surely eclipses that few months? Maybe not.

In most ways you're more of a Leeds than a Barnsley, but in the current guise? Nope. You're skint, the club is on a huge downer. It needn't be Hecky. But it needs to be someone of that ilk. Same cloth. Like Chris Wilder (sorry to say it). Local lads, know the environment, the league, the players etc. You can't get relegated. Not saying they'd keep you up, but if you end up appointing someone like Bruce then it's example number 1867 that Chansiri is bereft of a clue. 

Just a neutral opinion, and check my history, my opinion doesn't alter. Chansiri is your issue.

Been wednesday since 84,my opinion on hecky is the most recent one,he stank at leeds,can't knock what he did for you guys,but you guys didn't/don't have the same expectations as leeds.

Am loving all these we're skint posts,there's a popular misconception than breaking P&S rules mean we're skint,it doesn't,not in the slightest.

We've had "outsiders" who've done half decent jobs before,Sturrock,Laws,Jones to a certain extent.

Just my opinion fella,not a neutral one,but an opinion all the same.

4 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

If we have money to spend bruce would be more suited. If we cant spend and get around ffp heckingbottom would be more suited. I think the latter is more our true position

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Wes Paragrafz is a good shout as is Nuf Wurdzinit and both possibly on the radar.

I know you've not mentioned him, maybe you don't rate him. But, the Swede, Orlin Onebreath has to be in the mix for me.

• Haha 1

I think Heckingbottom was on a hiding to nowt at Leeds, he did brilliant at Barnsley massive shame what happened with Leeds

He’s a top bloke, a million miles away from been the worst suggestion for the job here 

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Been wednesday since 84,my opinion on hecky is the most recent one,he stank at leeds,can't knock what he did for you guys,but you guys didn't/don't have the same expectations as leeds.

Am loving all these we're skint posts,there's a popular misconception than breaking P&S rules mean we're skint,it doesn't,not in the slightest.

We've had "outsiders" who've done half decent jobs before,Sturrock,Laws,Jones to a certain extent.

Opinions on swfc is the point of owlstalk. Not point scoring over trivial rubbish on other fans. This is another thing unique to swfc fans. Do other teams fans criticise each other for wanting the best for the club although not in the same way. We all have a common goal, thats we want the best for swfc why cant we unite around this instead of judging others fans of swfc for not having the same opinion or lack of grammar skills

8 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Fact is we wont be signing or loaning any players come the Jan window,unless we get a massive offer for a player/s,so under FFP were skint

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Opinions on swfc is the point of owlstalk. Not point scoring over trivial rubbish on other fans. This is another thing unique to swfc fans. Do other teams fans criticise each other for wanting the best for the club although not in the same way. We all have a common goal, thats we want the best for swfc why cant we unite around this instead of judging others fans of swfc for not having the same opinion or lack of grammar skills

But thats the thing,this "we only want whats best for swfc",can never really be decided by fans on here,there's absolutely no one,no one i would take advice off,off here if i were employed by or indeed the owner of swfc,some are absolutely bat shyte crazy man.

18 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Id say its advisor/s,DC hasnt a clue about football

5 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Fact is we wont be signing or loaning any players come the Jan window,unless we get a massive offer for a player/s,so under FFP were skint

But this "fact" you state gets negated if and when we receive offers for players in January,you wanna explain how an embargo for breaching p&s gets lifted to allow us to sign 2 players,But we are skint ?

Edited by DELUDED OWL

Was never a fan until recently and took me a while to warm to the idea while others sang his praises, but now thinking from a chairman's point of view, said it a few times recently reiterating what others have been saying, as far as the availabile managers Holloway is the stand out candidate and I've been converted to believe that he would be the championship breath of fresh air we need. 

22 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

you must. nobody suggested hw as a manager now but as an example of an ex player who managed swfc well. the fact you cant understand that proves what i think of you and your opinion.

If we decided to appoint from within I'd love to see wilko come in as director of football and Haslam promoted as first team coach allowing wilko to give Haslam his massive knowledge of the game whilst helping and teaching one of our own how to do the job at hand, at his age Howard wouldn't want to be running around the training ground, but a young fresh pair of legs able to use that vast knowledge would maybe bring divedens. 

37 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

The comment was not for managing swfc now ?? It worked then. it sounds like you are dissing him then saying your not so thats ok then ????

Shi-,you're right i totally misunderstood what the crux of the thread was,apologies.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Its hard to judge from a totally bias footballing point of view but I really feel that something at SWFC is different from other clubs. It's not one major thing that sets us apart from other clubs but lots of smaller differences that in total add up to the whole of SWFC being unique. This is probably from the emotions of following our team and the ups and downs that have been in our past has moulded the wednesday and fans into  the mindset of what we want from our club now. Experience has made us take the under achieving on the chin I've seen referees make decisions at hillsborough that at Elland rd would cause a riot. Fans are even passive to the league bigwigs making things difficult for us (just look at how ffp has been talked about) at most other clubs fans would immediately slate the league and their rules, were as swfc fans have 99 % of time blamed our own chairman and his decisions in the past,(hindsight makes it much easier) some comments being very upsetting to DC (his own words). In reality DC has done what any fan would do if they had loads of money and owned the club, that is to spend on the best he can get for the manager. I could go on for pages why wednesday is different and in my eyes special and you may agree or disagree but I think whats most important about our next manager is to have the knowledge and even experience of playing for SWFC at the highest level. Not necessarily a fan as well as (ex pros rarely are fans like non ex pros). Nigel Pearson is a bright guy who played his heart out here and was a captain who i cant recall ever putting a foot wrong off the pitch. He was liked by all the fans and players but most importantly he knows the club and its supporters inside out. I was at old trafford when bruce scored in 98th minute and I can never forget that moment knee slides and all ! Pearson built the base of a Leicester team that won the prem. Pearson has to be DC first choice. I would love to see Chris Waddle have a go, OK he has no management experience but neither did Keegan at Newcastle. Waddle knows the club and has the stature to be respected by players and has personality in abundance which are all attributes in todays game that can make up for little management experience. I dont think Waddle would want it but I wish he did !! My third and probably most controversial choice would be another ex swfc player with no management experience anywhere else is Carlton Palmer. He never shirked a single challenge while playing and he would be same as manager. A much better player than ever given credit for outside sheffield (ask les ferdinand) when man marking or getting a cross in when most players would be happy trying to get a corner. I hate to say it but its working with Wilder at Bramall lane. We have a much bigger and better talent pool of ex players to choose from right now, if things don't change at SWFC the next generation the boot will be on the other foot so something needs to change and quick and I think an ex player of those standards is what we need to be the club we want it to be again.

Im not reading all that this time of nite after a few ,but i agree with what you said m8...UTO FTFB....WAWAWAWAW