Jos in charge until the end of the season

22 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I can’t see how he can last that long even with the most stubborn owner. The negative atmosphere manifests because he’s still here. If the support is to return a change needs to be made. DC might have a whinge about it, but that’s the craic, that’s football.

Can anybody see us winning a game with JL in charge ?

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Can anybody see us winning a game with JL in charge ?

Based on last season when he first came in - we should have been tight at the back, mean with the ball.

We've been meak with the ball and allowed teams to trounce all over us though this season, which seems absurd given we are less with injuries, even the youngsters have been blooded and have more experience - some of the kids that were thrown in and did good haven't been used since and not unlike Carlos - some big name players have played poorly but not been dropped.

Then you get players like Fox, who play consistently crap and still get selected.

Then two games on the trot you get two scapegoats - both youngsters, one being played stupidly out of position, and the other being castigated for problems that weren't actually of his making.

I am an advocate of keeping a single voice, a single vision and a single mindset for the good of the future of this club, but I cannot see that JL has any kind of vision, because his decisions just seem to lack any kind of cohesion.    I WANT to advocate this man keeping his job, but I cannot bring any argument forward why he should.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Based on last season when he first came in - we should have been tight at the back, mean with the ball.

We've been meak with the ball and allowed teams to trounce all over us though this season, which seems absurd given we are less with injuries, even the youngsters have been blooded and have more experience - some of the kids that were thrown in and did good haven't been used since and not unlike Carlos - some big name players have played poorly but not been dropped.

Then you get players like Fox, who play consistently crap and still get selected.

Then two games on the trot you get two scapegoats - both youngsters, one being played stupidly out of position, and the other being castigated for problems that weren't actually of his making.

I am an advocate of keeping a single voice, a single vision and a single mindset for the good of the future of this club, but I cannot see that JL has any kind of vision, because his decisions just seem to lack any kind of cohesion.    I WANT to advocate this man keeping his job, but I cannot bring any argument forward why he should.

My son met him. He was kind, stood for the picture, signed the autograph in the programme. I don't want to be disrespectful about him, but he seems devoid of any personality, and therefore I expect that team talks are uninspiring. I can't see any leadership on the pitch, so I assume he's not addressed that.

I could go on and on, repeat what I or others have said, but I'm now finding it tedious. Similar circumstances to the end of Dave Jones tenure, for the benefit of all concerned, it just needs to end soon.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

My son met him. He was kind, stood for the picture, signed the autograph in the programme. I don't want to be disrespectful about him, but he seems devoid of any personality, and therefore I expect that team talks are uninspiring. I can't see any leadership on the pitch, so I assume he's not addressed that.

I could go on and on, repeat what I or others have said, but I'm now finding it tedious. Similar circumstances to the end of Dave Jones tenure, for the benefit of all concerned, it just needs to end soon. 

Football should have one thing in common for everyone:   Passion.

I'm not talking about the crap our porcine neighbours harp on about with Wilder, but you hit the nail on the head.   

I'm a Sci-fi fan, and if I had to label JL as anyone - it would be a Vulcan.   All logic and no emotion.

Emotion is almost 100% of the game, logic should win, but it never will - it's your heart over your head every time and that's why idiots like Colin and Wilder can achieve success.

24 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Football should have one thing in common for everyone:   Passion.

I'm not talking about the crap our porcine neighbours harp on about with Wilder, but you hit the nail on the head.   

I'm a Sci-fi fan, and if I had to label JL as anyone - it would be a Vulcan.   All logic and no emotion.

Emotion is almost 100% of the game, logic should win, but it never will - it's your heart over your head every time and that's why idiots like Colin and Wilder can achieve success.

Vulcans show sense.

I see him more like Mork, minus the comedy.

On 12/12/2018 at 00:53, jomaco said:

I agree, can't see him going, needs a bit of luck at the moment, hopefully matias stays fit and we cut out the defensive errors... fingers crossed

If we're pinning our hopes on Matias for a successful turnaround then I fear we are doomed.

On 11/12/2018 at 15:27, HarryPlopper said:

Lets face it, this is what is on the cards for us.

I do believe we will escape relegation, and probably go on the same kind of run we did when Jos came in and played a solid back five consistently.

I don't believe Jos will ever regain the fans mind you.

This is what I personally expect, anyone else feel the same?

I feel like avoiding this forum altogether until you complete melts stop passing off untrue declarations as subject lines.

On 11/12/2018 at 23:27, HarryPlopper said:

Lets face it, this is what is on the cards for us.

I do believe we will escape relegation, and probably go on the same kind of run we did when Jos came in and played a solid back five consistently.

I don't believe Jos will ever regain the fans mind you.

This is what I personally expect, anyone else feel the same?

Only if results improve otherwise he’s toast.