Jos in charge until the end of the season

Lets face it, this is what is on the cards for us.

I do believe we will escape relegation, and probably go on the same kind of run we did when Jos came in and played a solid back five consistently.

I don't believe Jos will ever regain the fans mind you.

This is what I personally expect, anyone else feel the same?

If Chansiri wants to reshape the squad he needs someone in to wheel and deal by January

If Chansiri needs season ticket renewals he needs someone in by January to turn things around on the pitch.

Al this says to me that Chansiri will leave Jos in place til the end of the season then wonder what went wrong.

• Haha 7

Chansiri relys on season ticket sales ,and  unless he makes a change and brings in an experienced championship manager who can give us entertaining football and a team that wins games, he aint going to sell as many ST`s as he needs to . 

I’m my time watching Wednesday I generally can’t remember so many people being against one man 

I think with the squad we have and the expecteations it’s by far the worst I’ve seen a manager perform 

Regardless of if chansiri is restricting Jos from picking certain players or not 

I'd argue that the scenario described by the OP is actually a pretty good one and I'd take it right now. At present nothing is ideal about having to replace the manager, at least by the end of the season a new appointment may have slightly more chance of success.

Like I said in another post, I think with Bruce, without parachute payments.

We'll be jumping from seasoned pro to seasoned pro. An expensive unsustainable roll of the dice each season, signing players like Curtis Davies 33, David Meyler 30, Tom Huddlestone 32 etc...(we've been here with Carlos)

Giving Jos time could be key. As he's shown he's willing to give players like Fox, Dawson, Thorniley, Baker, Penney, Clare, Preston more opportunity than previously given. These are all players who view SWFC as the absolute "Pinnacle of their career" - giving their best years to the club.

We only get players "best years" the Jos Way.

We don't have the money Bruce paid for Kodija 15m, McCormack 13m, Chester 8m, Hogan 12m, Snodgrass 8m

More and more I think about it, Bruce could make us alot worse than we currently are.

3 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

Lets face it, this is what is on the cards for us.

I do believe we will escape relegation, and probably go on the same kind of run we did when Jos came in and played a solid back five consistently.

I don't believe Jos will ever regain the fans mind you.

This is what I personally expect, anyone else feel the same?

No I think this is complacent. We look like a relegation side.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I can’t see how he can last that long even with the most stubborn owner. The negative atmosphere manifests because he’s still here. If the support is to return a change needs to be made. DC might have a whinge about it, but that’s the craic, that’s football.

Fans are fickle, win a few games and atmosphere will change. Who knows, atmosphere changing may help us win few more games and so it goes on until the next tine we lose a few. 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We'll be jumping from seasoned pro to seasoned pro. An expensive unsustainable roll of the dice each season, signing players like Curtis Davies 33, David Meyler 30, Tom Huddlestone 32 etc...(we've been here with Carlos)

Giving Jos time could be key. As he's shown he's willing to give players like Fox, Dawson, Thorniley, Baker, Penney, Clare, Preston more opportunity than previously given. These are all players who view SWFC as the absolute "Pinnacle of their career" - giving their best years to the club.

We don't have the money Bruce paid for Kodija 15m, McCormack 13m, Chester 8m, Hogan 12m, Snodgrass 8m

More and more I think about it, Bruce could make us alot worse than we currently are.

Best post I’ve read in weeks. Weird that we are begging for a man manager to motivate over paid, underperforming players and the fans choice seem to be crying out for a guy that couldn’t get their star player to turn up for training. 

Current position as our manager is a thankless task; get rid of dead wood, bed in youth to form basis of squad, manage fragile players that you have to get through 25-30 games each by wrapping in cotton wool and rotating. Jos is doing it with minimal fuss, and whilst there may be better options to do it, they are few and far between. 

Im not against Jos continuing to do the dirty work, take the flak and handing off to someone once we’ve navigated our ways out of FFP worries. With a solid group of young robust players, many who are from our own academy. Needing a touch of class thrown in to bolster quality.

2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

No I think this is complacent. We look like a relegation side.

To you maybe, not to the bookies. I think latest odds are 7/1 - lump on if you think we’re looking likely to go down. That’s incredible odds for a likely event. 

To give you an idea, Southampton are only 3/1 to beat arsenal at home. So they are more than twice as likely to beat a team unbeaten in over 20 despite having almost no wins all season and no strikers who can score. 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Giving jos time will see us relegated. He’s only given time to these young players because the others are injured, he’s fallen out with them or there not allowed to be play for financial reasons. To be honest the ones he’s given a chance too aren’t good enough anyway. I wouldn’t start any of the players you mention if I was manager, they would all be out on loan getting experience at a level there capable of playing at which currently isn’t the championship so in the the future there  ‘best years’ might be with us if they improve. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Fans are fickle, win a few games and atmosphere will change. Who knows, atmosphere changing may help us win few more games and so it goes on until the next tine we lose a few. 

I think it’s gone beyond that point of return now. Even when we go ahead In a game that is evident. 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I think it’s gone beyond that point of return now. Even when we go ahead In a game that is evident. 

Win two or three and all is forgiven. Carlos was all but done, won five on the bounce and Carlos had a dream was back in full force and we get an extra 12 months of him. 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Best post I’ve read in weeks. Weird that we are begging for a man manager to motivate over paid, underperforming players and the fans choice seem to be crying out for a guy that couldn’t get their star player to turn up for training. 

Current position as our manager is a thankless task; get rid of dead wood, bed in youth to form basis of squad, manage fragile players that you have to get through 25-30 games each by wrapping in cotton wool and rotating. Jos is doing it with minimal fuss, and whilst there may be better options to do it, they are few and far between. 

Im not against Jos continuing to do the dirty work, take the flak and handing off to someone once we’ve navigated our ways out of FFP worries. With a solid group of young robust players, many who are from our own academy. Needing a touch of class thrown in to bolster quality.

Hes doing the job with minimal fuss, so much so that there is no real inspiration or communication and the distance between club and fans widens. The longer that goes on the worse it will be. The fact that Bruce seems so appealing in comparison speaks volumes.

• Thanks 1