When a win isn't a win

We won this evening. Didn't play well and yes it's not Barcelona we were up against.

But it's a win

A team short on confidence due to recent results, a team who had only kept one clean sheet all season (before today) and a team selection many would question rightly or wrongly.

But the result was 3 points, the movement was up in the league and the team should gain confidence

So why doesn't it feel like we've won? 

I support Sheffield Wednesday, I support whatever team is put out and I support whoever picks the team. Now, before, in the future.

Do I support all decisions, no, nor do I influence them. So how about we just congratulate the team on winning and look forward to the next, winnable, game.

Much like we lost many in a row who knows we might win some but a win is a win, and did anyone expect a 5-0 win? I didnt

Why do people always say Barcelona? 

Nobody expects us to play like them or play an opposition to like them. Just a strange way of exaggerating an opinion.

We played an utterly woeful Bolton side and we looked garbage.

I’m sure others feel like me and are very happy (relieved) with 3 points. However the peronances all season, actually for at least 18 moths have been shybo. 

12 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

We won this evening. Didn't play well and yes it's not Barcelona we were up against.

But it's a win

A team short on confidence due to recent results, a team who had only kept one clean sheet all season (before today) and a team selection many would question rightly or wrongly.

But the result was 3 points, the movement was up in the league and the team should gain confidence

So why doesn't it feel like we've won? 

I support Sheffield Wednesday, I support whatever team is put out and I support whoever picks the team. Now, before, in the future.

Do I support all decisions, no, nor do I influence them. So how about we just congratulate the team on winning and look forward to the next, winnable, game.

Much like we lost many in a row who knows we might win some but a win is a win, and did anyone expect a 5-0 win? I didnt

More than grateful for the 3 points but looking at how the players reacted at the end, it was pretty much the same as the fans. Bolton were truly abysmal, we were marginally better thanks to our 1 shot on target going in compared with their 1 shot on target being saved. I would like to say credit to the defence on keeping our first home clean sheet of the season but in truth they hardly had to do a great deal to earn it. It was one of the worst games of football I have witnessed in a long time in terms of the quality on offer from both teams.

Tonight was all about the result for me. If we'd have lost or even drawn it then it could well have been adios for Jos. At the end of the day it was two sides low on confidence and the one with slightly more quality won it. Not vintage but could be a hugely important three points come the end of the season.

Watched Leeds V Reading at the same time (although it was difficult to take your eyes off our game) and there was nothing between the two games apart from Reading missed a late penalty.

Leeds, like us, were cruising in 2nd gear and saving their energy for the late season charge and we'll both be in the mix when it matters based on what I saw tonight.

On our way, we're on our way......!!

It was damp, it was cold, it was drizzlin' it was foggy, it was f.ookin' miserable..There was no atmosphere..It was Bolton...

You could hear the players shouting to each other..

The first half was like when yer kid wants to play monopoly..but he insists you play outside, where its cold, its drizzlin', its foggy.....it was awful..

Then we score...and you get such as Nuhiu running up to the Kop and askin' "Why don't you ramp it up..where are you???" sorta gestures...

and you feel like saying ..

"well where in the name of f.ook have you lot been for 6 weeks..Why don't you fork out £30 , sit up here..wivout a bottle top, and sing Honolulu..when its damp, and cold, and drizzlin' and foggy"

It was that sort of evening...sorta mutual sulking from the fans and the players alike..

Although Jos actually stood up a couple of times...

I presume his seat was f.ookin' wet

cos it was damp , it was cold, it was drizzlin' it was foggy...it was f.ookin' miserable.. There was no atmosphere .it was bolton

Hi Ho.

bllx

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3