Marco Matias

10 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Time to take a good hard look at player availability and be ruthless in order for the club to live within its means.

Hard decisions I know but in addition to Matias the following have awful fitness records and need to be released.

Abdi

Hooper 

Lee

Hutchinson.

The following are fit but not being selected apparently and should also be released at the end of the season.

Westwood

Boyd

Jones

Thats getting near £10 million  savings we are led to believe needs to be found to avoid a further embargo.

Lets face it we’ve found a way of managing ok without them

I hope your right but I doubt that you are ….our wage bill for this season will include all of them so the accounts are going to be way over the FFP limit...….chansiri wasn't kidding when he said big trouble if we don't  go up . 

26 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Time to take a good hard look at player availability and be ruthless in order for the club to live within its means.

Hard decisions I know but in addition to Matias the following have awful fitness records and need to be released.

Abdi

Hooper 

Lee

Hutchinson.

The following are fit but not being selected apparently and should also be released at the end of the season.

Westwood

Boyd

Jones

Thats getting near £10 million  savings we are led to believe needs to be found to avoid a further embargo.

Lets face it we’ve found a way of managing ok without them

I agree the whole situation needs looking at   - surely it has 

but despite my misgivings about the experience of our ownership  I can't believe they haven't had several such meetings 

I don't know exactly how far we are from further punishment i.e. points deduction but Mr Chansiri will and he has to take a realistic view pre January 

I just hope the warning of serious problems if we don't go up isn't an indication that he's going to all in gamble again (as he did buying Rhodes)

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I hope your right but I doubt that you are ….our wage bill for this season will include all of them so the accounts are going to be way over the FFP limit...….chansiri wasn't kidding when he said big trouble if we don't  go up . 

If we don’t start shifting the deadwood we’ll be in permanent embargo.

I know it’s probably too late for this year without a big outgoing transfer, (or promotion), but surely it’s time to be ruthless with non playing players.

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

If we don’t start shifting the deadwood we’ll be in permanent embargo.

I know it’s probably too late for this year without a big outgoing transfer, (or promotion), but surely it’s time to be ruthless with non playing players.

with you on that we need to be ruthless and release as many as we can but I just fear that they'll all sit out there contracts coz I doubt any of them will get better ones when they do leave …...anyway lets hope we astound ourselves and make the play offs and it's our turn win em .and make all this FFP irrelevant .

Its all very good being ruthless and I totally agree we need to be but were gonna be under an embargo next season unless something happens (by my reckoning we need about 9 million by the end of July to lose the allotted amount). So are we better off renewing players like Palmers contract, even tho he isn't great but were short in that area.

In an ideal world you'd get rid. But maybe under the circumstances we might renew more than we'd like.

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Its all very good being ruthless and I totally agree we need to be but were gonna be under an embargo next season unless something happens (by my reckoning we need about 9 million by the end of July to lose the allotted amount). So are we better off renewing players like Palmers contract, even tho he isn't great but were short in that area.

In an ideal world you'd get rid. But maybe under the circumstances we might renew more than we'd like.

Hey, we might not even be able to renew unless there are incoming funds from transfers or promotion.

Another embargo beckons next summer.

what we need is reach to keep scoring world class goals then we would get 20 million in January ,I seriously think that's the minimum we need to avoid a big fine and other penalties ,we lose all the waste of space players this summer ,think we only are stuck with fletcher and Hutchinson who both have pathetic injury records but no1 would take either of them with the contracts they have. as for matias will there ever be a player over his 4 year contract who will have played less? think abdi is on 3 years. 

31 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

what we need is reach to keep scoring world class goals then we would get 20 million in January ,I seriously think that's the minimum we need to avoid a big fine and other penalties ,we lose all the waste of space players this summer ,think we only are stuck with fletcher and Hutchinson who both have pathetic injury records but no1 would take either of them with the contracts they have. as for matias will there ever be a player over his 4 year contract who will have played less? think abdi is on 3 years. 

You seem to have forgotten Donnelly and O'Donnell.