Fantastic Away Performance

22 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Fantastic result. Not performance. 

Easy to say its it's a great game plan when we win, but let's be real, it's not.

Extremely negative and we had their poor finishing to thank for not being 2-0 down inside half an hour.

And Dawson

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

If you have an agenda and won't change their perceptions of Jos then it does

People don't like how he looks, or acts in technical area.

And won't get over him playing no strikers at Millwall.

Plus he is foreign so people only want British managers

A. It was a mistake (which he has learned from)

B. Some folk are too thick to see his many positive attributes and need have a word with themselves.

Missed a lot of the first half, so can’t share the frustration that a lot have had over it. 

Second half was much better, I’m glad that FF came on in a positive substitution and he did enough to help out. I want to say that we were a lot better at limiting shots in the second half, very frustrating not to get that elusive clean sheet and invite a typically Wednesday-esque last fifteen minutes of panic but I do want to stress that that was because of what I felt was a very soft penalty. Also pissed off at the occasion of the Bristol CB going down, the red giving them advantage and then deciding to blow his whistle when Penney was about to race clear on the counter attack. In short, the referee was biased and was inexplicably Card happy to Wednesday at the end.

Goung back to Wednesday, our game management was much better, it was nervy but really Bristol didn’t do a great deal to challenge us at the end. Joey P had a good performance off the bench and shut things down on a good few occasions with some decent tackles. I was surprised Reach didn’t take that throw in quickly when their keeper was hobbling around, would have felt fair for the sheer level of going up against 12 men.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'm buzzing about the result, but this set up is not sustainable imo. When we set up negatively we STILL can't keep clean sheets. 

For me we're a much better side when we're positive and take the game to the opposition.

Like we did second half ? 

you have to deserve the right to play , we doparoped them big time , Jos is no mug 

Wasn't great to watch first half, pretty poor first 25 mins and then slowly improved, much better in 2nd half and got the 2 goals just at right time, penalty they scored made us a little nervous and I'm sure we all thought "here we go again after other night, but I thought we managed game towards end reasonably well, though I nearly had an heart attack when I saw 7 minutes injury time. :duntmatter: