Potential top 6 place going into the international break

3 hours ago, Almat said:

I have a feeling Wilder will find AV very hard to turn down when they come calling. And then our S2 neighbours are b*ggered. 

So you are wanting AV  to appoint CW so United are buggered  rather than hope Wednesday perform better than them with CW  in charge in order to finish higher ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Almat said:

I have a feeling Wilder will find AV very hard to turn down when they come calling. And then our S2 neighbours are b*ggered. 

Yes, I agree.

The thing is, I'm not sure they will call.

As Wilder says himself, if you're a British manager you're not held in the same regard as foreigners.

If he were from overseas he'd be gone already.

46 minutes ago, ATBS said:

So you are wanting AV  to appoint CW so United are buggered  rather than hope Wednesday perform better than them with CW  in charge in order to finish higher ?

We all hope the Owls will perform better, but I agree with Almat.

Jos is doing a decent job, but I'm afraid we've no chance of outperforming the Blades, even though we have in the main better players.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Jos is doing a decent job, but I'm afraid we've no chance of outperforming the Blades, even though we have in the main better players.

Really?? I bet they melt down by new year as they always do, I’m also fairly confident that we’ll grow and get better as season progresses. 

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Wooaahhh, if that's the impression my post gave then it's wrong. Already stated a few times on here that I believe Jo's is Wilder's equal but hasn't had the same amount of time. Genuinely believe we are going up. No idea about United, if Wilder stays they have a chance, if he gets poached they haven't. IMO.

Guest addedtime
19 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

We just can't allow Blades and Leeds to be at  final top 6 party without us.

First clean sheet today, 0 -2 Fessi and Reach.

Hang in till Jan then sort it.

Just like that. It's an easy sport isn't it?

Start = 13th

Win by 4 goals or more = 5th and will be in Play off's and 5pts from Auto's

Win by 1, 2, 3 goals = 6th and will be in Play off's and 5pts from Auto's

Any Draw = 12th and will be 1pt from Play off's and 7pts from Auto's

Any Loss = 14th and will be 3pts from Play off's and 8pts from Auto's

2 hours ago, Almat said:

Wooaahhh, if that's the impression my post gave then it's wrong. Already stated a few times on here that I believe Jo's is Wilder's equal but hasn't had the same amount of time. Genuinely believe we are going up. No idea about United, if Wilder stays they have a chance, if he gets poached they haven't. IMO.

I think you arrange the teams in this division from top to bottom based on squad strength, then compare their league placings with that pecking order.

In that case, I'd say that United are half a division higher than they ought to be.

Sadly I don't think Jos is Tufty's equal, but there again I don't think any manager in this division is his equal either.

But it is early days, and the Blades have presently got a relatively easy run of fixtures compared to ours, not least today's encounter.

Maybe we can overhaul them, but not chucking away points like we did this week.

At least Leeds appear to be on the slide.

13 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Yes but everytime we closed the gap between us and the top two we would shoot our selves in the foot every time

Ah I see. You’ve changed it to the top two now. If that’s what you mean I agree.