Quick and simple

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Every one has their own point of view but the club have turned down about £50,000 in free sponsorship/radio money they are going to spend money on their own service which will cost money and they are charging £45 a year to use the service so to cover their costs and not lose money on this service they will have to sell 50,000/45 = 11,111 new i-follow memberships.

Now tell me will they get another 11,000+ people buy it or is this going to be another one we lose money on.

I'd check your maths.

Rachel.jpg

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

thats a lot of home games

12,000 for 2 minutes 45 lots of 2 minutes per game.

Not including the half time of 15 minutes, extra time and pre match and post match which will also increase the amount of potential expected income.

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

At first I was honestly raging with the clubs decision reference radio Sheffield, but looking into it and actually finding out the Ifollow package is a good set up and at its current price isn’t something I find a ‘rip off’   I’m prepared to support the clubs decision

If we build on the ifollow platform and even branch out with a few of the suggestions I’ve alreday heard I do think the clubs decision in the end will be justified 

As far as the older generation is concerned and I’ve got the upmost respect for them.. do as the chairman says and get in touch with him and see what his offering might be.  Even with good decisions you will always have a minority unhappy and I do beleive it’s a minority who genuinely do not and cannot gain access to the internet these days 

How does this promote us in the wider community? The Radio and matches covered Live is really advertising our brand. if this is in house only then is does nothing to promote us as the audience are already fans. The sums mentioned are small anyway so we would have been better taking the hit in exchange for some free promotion of events and good news based stories about the club.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

12,000 for 2 minutes 45 lots of 2 minutes per game.

Not including the half time of 15 minutes, extra time and pre match and post match which will also increase the amount of potential expected income.

eh?

2 minutes is 2 minutes

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

How does this promote us in the wider community? The Radio and matches covered Live is really advertising our brand. if this is in house only then is does nothing to promote us as the audience are already fans. The sums mentioned are small anyway so we would have been better taking the hit in exchange for some free promotion of events and good news based stories about the club.

How big a percentage of people might possibly tune into Radio Sheffield and become a wednesdayite after hearing Andy Giddings crap voice commentating on Hutch getting booked after 0.25 seconds ???    For what we might loose out on I’d rather the club looked to the future and built our own platform 

Just now, Royal_D said:

How big a percentage of people might possibly tune into Radio Sheffield and become a wednesdayite after hearing Andy Giddings crap voice commentating on Hutch getting booked after 0.25 seconds ???    For what we might loose out on I’d rather the club looked to the future and built our own platform 

How many fans on here are fans because of their family, 

How many on here are fans because of using the internet

How many fans would we now not have had it not been for the radio. 

How many fans take a radio to the game with them so they can here what is going on elsewhere in the other games.

Presumably the next step by DC will be to ban the use of radio's at the stadium as why would you need them anyway.

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Every one has their own point of view but the club have turned down about £50,000 in free sponsorship/radio money they are going to spend money on their own service which will cost money and they are charging £45 a year to use the service so to cover their costs and not lose money on this service they will have to sell 50,000/45 = 11,111 new i-follow memberships.

Now tell me will they get another 11,000+ people buy it or is this going to be another one we lose money on.

I understand you point and like you say people have their own views.

I think the club view is that £50k (if that is correct I’ve not seen a figure before) this season doesn’t cover much for a multimillion pound company. It also leaves us open to a continually decreasing figure, next time the Beeb might offer £40k then £30k etc. Whereas this season we might get 2000 more customers. Next season we might get 2000 more etc (figures plucked from my head to illustrate point). Eventually we will be in a much stronger position. 

It’s one of those odd things with our club at the moment where people are worrying about the immediate success and the future success. I think this is a decision that has been made to strengthen the future of the club. I guess the club felt that becuse this was over a relatively small fee (in the grand scheme of things) they could afford to take a stand. 

I do however agree that we will surely be worse off this season. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How many fans on here are fans because of their family, 

How many on here are fans because of using the internet

How many fans would we now not have had it not been for the radio. 

How many fans take a radio to the game with them so they can here what is going on elsewhere in the other games.

Presumably the next step by DC will be to ban the use of radio's at the stadium as why would you need them anyway.

I’ve got no Idea what ur going on about there to be honest pal 

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And how do we sell it to people if all they have been brought up on is Rotherham, Sheffield United and Barnsley being on the Radio. We are losing a foothold in the market of the local sides all looking to recruit new young supporters.It's a very blinkered and dim witted view.

The elderly use the radio more then the young too and find that getting to matches is too much, they can easily keep in touch with what is happening. A close family member lost his eye sight and as a result couldn't attend games, the radio was the only method of keeping in touch with what was happening and the commentary was a vital part of that. Yeah I can just see a blind guy firing up his laptop to google ifollow or some other crap.

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve got no Idea what ur going on about there to be honest pal 

I support the Owls because my dad did and probably his dad before him, I don't support them because of something on the internet.

The radio makes it easy to support and follow your team.

If the club keep making it as difficult as possible to support them people will simply not. 

The thinks the club are doing now the pricing fans out of attending games, preventing access via radio etc will in the years to come lead to a drop off of fans and income.

A very short sightedness from the club that will lead to future problems, all to make an extra few quid out of the fans.

1 minute ago, Prince said:

And how do we sell it to people if all they have been brought up on is Rotherham, Sheffield United and Barnsley being on the Radio. We are losing a foothold in the market of the local sides all looking to recruit new young supporters.It's a very blinkered and dim witted view.

The elderly use the radio more then the young too and find that getting to matches is too much, they can easily keep in touch with what is happening. A close family member lost his eye sight and as a result couldn't attend games, the radio was the only method of keeping in touch with what was happening and the commentary was a vital part of that. Yeah I can just see a blind guy firing up his laptop to google ifollow or some other crap.

Then realising he also need to buy a sound chip and pay for the broadband presumably DC will reimburse all additional expenses to the fans for this or wll we be selling broadband from next season. :stuwinky:

48 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Abdi must be close to being world hide and seek champion.

Like the comment! It also made me think about years ago when I worked in Civil Service section that dealt with people who were continually missing work (in Andi's) case playing football. I have wondered for some time whether it's possible/feasible for a club to seek expert medical advice on whether or not a player has reached a stage where repeated health/injury issues deem him unfit to continue playing at the level he is being payed for. If the medics deem him unfit to continue then the club's player insurance should pay him off and he is no longer a drain on the club's resources.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I support the Owls because my dad did and probably his dad before him, I don't support them because of something on the internet.

If the club keep making it as difficult as possible to support them people will simply not. 

The thinks the club are doing now the pricing fans out of attending games, preventing access via radio etc will in the years to come lead to a drop off of fans and income.

A very short sightedness from the club that will lead to future problems, all to make an extra few quid out of the fans.

Right I’m with you a bit better now, I do see where ur coming from to an extent , but your talking like there’s a high percentage of people who don’t have any access to the internet ? Is that really the case ? I can honestly say my support of Sheffield Wednesday was never influenced by the radio 

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No, what's short-sighted is not moving with the times.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

All the doom and gloom created by the club - they could come out today we have had a change of heart

Membership reduced to £50 for the season same terms as last season

The club have decided in the best interest of its fans to take the BBC offer on the table get the extra £45,000 income and fans can now listen to every game on the radio for free.

Very simple to get positive publicity you just need to try...............

listening to it on the radio isn't free, you need a tv licence which is about £120 per year

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

What differerence does it make?..have both..then the "real" fans can fooook off giddings and have the new super duper platform if they want.

The part timers with rs might get interested...might even tempt a few new ones..we get paid to advertise our own product..foookin ell its a no brainer