Quick and simple

All the doom and gloom created by the club - they could come out today we have had a change of heart

Membership reduced to £50 for the season same terms as last season

The club have decided in the best interest of its fans to take the BBC offer on the table get the extra £45,000 income and fans can now listen to every game on the radio for free.

Very simple to get positive publicity you just need to try...............

• Like 1

Just now, room0035 said:

All the doom and gloom created by the club - they could come out today we have had a change of heart

The club have decided in the best interest of its fans to take the BBC offer on the table get the extra £45,000 income and fans can now listen to every game on the radio for free.

And Morgan fox...almen abdi have gone awol ??

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I agree the club needs to throw the fans a bone at the moment.

Wouldn't stop all the criticism but would take the edge off it for now.

Memberships- won’t change, wouldn’t be fair on those who have already purchased. I do imagine however it will change back to £50 deal next year. 

Radio- we won’t be letting the BBC bully us. Explained last night that most fans do have access to internet and the club are willing to support people who have difficulty accessing the service. Also spoke about wanting to offer a free trial month but need the efl to grant us permission first. 

• Like 1

Well theyveback pedalled one player sponsorship. Brought itbackdown to what it used to be. Still not doing it though as they tried to take the wee wee. Same will happen with membership. Once you wee wee people off they stay pissed off. 

8 minutes ago, Miruic said:

Memberships- won’t change, wouldn’t be fair on those who have already purchased. I do imagine however it will change back to £50 deal next year. 

Radio- we won’t be letting the BBC bully us. Explained last night that most fans do have access to internet and the club are willing to support people who have difficulty accessing the service. Also spoke about wanting to offer a free trial month but need the efl to grant us permission first. 

So can the club tell me who they will be providing computers for older fans and also paying there £15 a month broadband contracts to pay for the equipment to get the ifollow service.

Like a said above very easy to create some positive PR, but the club seem very good at doing the complete opposite.

Guest Bulgaria
29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

so simple, and at very little cost..... or Fletchers wages for 10 days.

I wont every do this again under principle but one link is Sheff utd offering for sponsorship the other is what our club does. Note the difference one has clear details of what things costs and what you get for the money you put in the other is as clear as mud

https://www.sufc.co.uk/commercial/sponsorship-advertising/

https://www.swfc.co.uk/commercial/sponsorship-and-advertising/

I would personally ask Sheff Utd who does their website and change providers because in the age of everything on line I bet we are losing a lot of money with not providing the information in a user friendly format

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I wont every do this again under principle but one link is Sheff utd offering for sponsorship the other is what our club does. Note the difference one has clear details of what things costs and what you get for the money you put in the other is as clear as mud

https://www.sufc.co.uk/commercial/sponsorship-advertising/

https://www.swfc.co.uk/commercial/sponsorship-and-advertising/

I would personally ask Sheff Utd who does their website and change providers because in the age of everything on line I bet we are losing a lot of money with not providing the information in a user friendly format

A snippet from our website we charge £12,000 for 2 minutes on the LED board for the season so we are expecting at these price during the 90 minutes to bring in 

£12,000 x 45 times = £540,000 is this really realistic expectation for a club in the second division. I don't know the answer but it seems pricey to me when you are at an event and you text you name on the screen or wish someone happy birthday it does cost the price of a new Focus. Maybe i am out of touch who knows

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So can the club tell me who they will be providing computers for older fans and also paying there £15 a month broadband contracts to pay for the equipment to get the ifollow service.

Like a said above very easy to create some positive PR, but the club seem very good at doing the complete opposite.

Help with accessing. Not purchasing for them. We have enough money trouble as it is. Lol

They know it won’t be popular with all. Only 92% have access to the internet (I believe this was the figure shared yesterday.) however they can offer those 92% a better service which won’t be interrupted to spend 5 minutes talking about pigs, mini pigs and dingles. (Best reaction of the night came when 99% of fans in attendance were in uproar after a fan suggested owls fans prefer to listen to the radio because we want to hear the games of the pigs,mini pigs and dingles as well as our updates. :laugh:)

As as they admitted last night nobody wants to pay for something that was once free however they will be able to offer a better product to fans this way. One that is uninterrupted by rivals. A good point that I hadn’t given much thought before last night was that old fans who can no longer attend games will now be able to listen to all Wednesday games instead of just some away games. 

You’re right in the sense that if we want positive PR we should suck up to the Beeb and accept whatever they offer us. We have taken a riskier and bolder strategy but one that may pay off in the long run. I can definitely see more clubs following us in the future. 

At first I was honestly raging with the clubs decision reference radio Sheffield, but looking into it and actually finding out the Ifollow package is a good set up and at its current price isn’t something I find a ‘rip off’   I’m prepared to support the clubs decision

If we build on the ifollow platform and even branch out with a few of the suggestions I’ve alreday heard I do think the clubs decision in the end will be justified 

As far as the older generation is concerned and I’ve got the upmost respect for them.. do as the chairman says and get in touch with him and see what his offering might be.  Even with good decisions you will always have a minority unhappy and I do beleive it’s a minority who genuinely do not and cannot gain access to the internet these days 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

A snippet from our website we charge £12,000 for 2 minutes on the LED board for the season so we are expecting at these price during the 90 minutes to bring in 

£12,000 x 45 times = £540,000 is this really realistic expectation for a club in the second division. I don't know the answer but it seems pricey to me when you are at an event and you text you name on the screen or wish someone happy birthday it does cost the price of a new Focus. Maybe i am out of touch who knows

I appreciate you sharing that example as I didn’t want to look at the sheff I website even using an incognito window. 

By LED board do they mean around the pitch or the big screen? 

31 minutes ago, Miruic said:

@rickygoo 

hi Ricky just wondering why you negged me. No problem with it but I was just sharing information. I wondered which bit bothered you? 

4 minutes ago, Miruic said:

@rickygoo 

hi Ricky just wondering why you negged me. No problem with it but I was just sharing information. I wondered which bit bothered you? 

Soz I thought you were offering an opinion on membership and BBC "bullying". I will amend my neg! I'll neg the follow up instead!

Edited by rickygoo

7 minutes ago, Miruic said:

Help with accessing. Not purchasing for them. We have enough money trouble as it is. Lol

They know it won’t be popular with all. Only 92% have access to the internet (I believe this was the figure shared yesterday.) however they can offer those 92% a better service which won’t be interrupted to spend 5 minutes talking about pigs, mini pigs and dingles. (Best reaction of the night came when 99% of fans in attendance were in uproar after a fan suggested owls fans prefer to listen to the radio because we want to hear the games of the pigs,mini pigs and dingles as well as our updates. :laugh:)

As as they admitted last night nobody wants to pay for something that was once free however they will be able to offer a better product to fans this way. One that is uninterrupted by rivals. A good point that I hadn’t given much thought before last night was that old fans who can no longer attend games will now be able to listen to all Wednesday games instead of just some away games. 

You’re right in the sense that if we want positive PR we should suck up to the Beeb and accept whatever they offer us. We have taken a riskier and bolder strategy but one that may pay off in the long run. I can definitely see more clubs following us in the future. 

Every one has their own point of view but the club have turned down about £50,000 in free sponsorship/radio money they are going to spend money on their own service which will cost money and they are charging £45 a year to use the service so to cover their costs and not lose money on this service they will have to sell 50,000/45 = 11,111 new i-follow memberships.

Now tell me will they get another 11,000+ people buy it or is this going to be another one we lose money on.

29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

£15 Per month  lol who is that with  need to know sharpish before I lose my tinternet

12 minutes ago, Miruic said:

I appreciate you sharing that example as I didn’t want to look at the sheff I website even using an incognito window. 

By LED board do they mean around the pitch or the big screen? 

think its the new screen

No point whatever they do some people will just keep on moaning.

Too many just keep complaining without knowing the facts or coming up with an alternative solution.

Let the club deal with as we cannot do anything practical about it, other than actually supporting the team on the pitch and not slagging every player who has a bad game  shot etc.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

thats a lot of home games