Would you pay more to stave off FFP restrictions?

48 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In answer to the first question: 

Fans have already agreed to pay high prices to keep top earners. 

If the club starts selling the family silver - and not replacing it with something of similar quality - then they should be offering up refunds or f00king apology. 

I note Just Visiting is all over any financial thread like a fly attracted to horsesh*t. Financial lessons off a Leeds "fan". What a time to be alive. 

Good grief, you moan when prices are cheap about the lack of investment in the squad and then after just three years paying fairly high ticket prices, which included two top six finishes, you want refunds and apologies cause the club is having to balance its books.

SWFC must be proud of you SiJ.

18 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'd rather the club was more sensible with the income it already receives.

If Mr Chansiri is insistent on playing by the FFP (P&S), then we can ill afford to pish away millions on players we seemingly have had no intention of playing.

Increasing ticket prices to give us this so-called breathing space would simply be supporters paying for recent recruitment mistakes. Afraid those mistakes should be footed by the Chairman.

Top answer.

2 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Good grief, you moan when prices are cheap about the lack of investment in the squad and then after just three years paying fairly high ticket prices, which included two top six finishes, you want refunds and apologies cause the club is having to balance its books.

SWFC must be proud of you SiJ.

You really need to stop making things up. 

1 minute ago, just visiting said:

Sorry, my mistake. I thought I read your post as " then they should be offering up refunds or f00king apology. "

The club said if we pay high prices we’ll see continued investment in the first team (or words to that affect) so if we now went and sold our best players fans would feel a bit aggrieved by that.

I think that’s what SiJ is talking about.

The club had a survey a few months back where it asked all supporters with a  club Id to vote on whether they wanted to maintain the current pricing structure to keep top earners or whether fans wanted to go back to cheap tickets - which would mean the selling of top earners. 

Fans voted to maintain the current pricing structure and keep the current top earners. 

If the club now, who are charging high prices, turn around and start selling any top players, then yes, I think the fans are entitled to some sort of explanation, refund, apology and so on. 

Misleading your fanbase isn't the wisest thing. I suppose Leeds "fans" (are you actually a Leeds fan btw?) are quite used to this though.  

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

The club said if we pay high prices we’ll see continued investment in the first team (or words to that affect) so if we now went and sold our best players fans would feel a bit aggrieved by that.

I think that’s what SiJ is talking about.

Thank you. 

The thick b@stard will still struggle to grasp it, but we can always live in hope. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thank you. 

The thick b@stard will still struggle to grasp it, but we can always live in hope. 

Ha, I'm thick?

Did you actually believe what was been told to you by CC?

You're season tickets prices aren't that high, about on par with most other clubs your size. So you're talking about the 3-4000 walk ups every home game.

Did you honestly believe maintaining the high prices of match day tickets would mean you keeping a £30m wage bill for a club with £23m turnover?

Look at your financial performances over the last three seasons, you may struggle to grasp it but we can live in hope.

You are thick, I agree. 

A serial liar too. 

Clubs shouldn't be launching highly publicised surveys telling fans one thing and then doing another.

It's pretty disastrous PR and will come back to bite them on the arse. 

Plus - why would Carlos be telling us whether we can keep our players or not? 

Finally - why are you so fascinated by our financial situation? 

I mean you claim to be a Leeds fan, yet you spend all your time on here. I mean in the last couple of years you've gone as far as to fabricate stories concerning us and our finances. 

It's a bit weird. Perhaps you should get some help. 

In my view Mr Chansiri has taken his decisions over the last 3 seasons and a number of them have been poor decisions. He increased prices to unprecedented  heights, paid too high a price for a number of  older and average quality players,paid very high wages on those players, ran a big squad of players, employed CC for a season too long, paid very large agent fees etc etc. He put his money in, fair enough, but only to the point he could afford or FFP would allow. When he made these decisions, he was spending the supporters monies too.. WHY should the fans pay more to bail him out ?? WHY should fans pay more so more of our cash can be flushed down the pan ?? If we put more in, can we be sure he would match it or would he be allowed to match it. Mr Chansiri is the owner and stands to make a fortune if the club becomes successful. It must be him who sorts the clubs finances and not look to the fans just to bail him out. He must do more by good management to bring the clubs finances into line.He can no longer be classified as an "unexperienced" owner. Other teams have been promoted from the Championship in the near past without breaking FFP rules, Burnley , Bournemouth , Huddersfield and so must we.

If that means he sells/rids us of some of his mistake purchases or reverts to selling so called star players, then so be it. Hopefully his latest decisions to take on Karen and Jos will pay off and his move to rely upon more youth and fitness, will pay off. At least these decisions will not cost us more money, but the hope for progress  can remain the same

4 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

In my view Mr Chansiri has taken his decisions over the last 3 seasons and a number of them have been poor decisions. He increased prices to unprecedented  heights, paid too high a price for a number of  older and average quality players,paid very high wages on those players, ran a big squad of players, employed CC for a season too long, paid very large agent fees etc etc. He put his money in, fair enough, but only to the point he could afford or FFP would allow. When he made these decisions, he was spending the supporters monies too.. WHY should the fans pay more to bail him out ?? WHY should fans pay more so more of our cash can be flushed down the pan ?? If we put more in, can we be sure he would match it or would he be allowed to match it. Mr Chansiri is the owner and stands to make a fortune if the club becomes successful. It must be him who sorts the clubs finances and not look to the fans just to bail him out. He must do more by good management to bring the clubs finances into line.He can no longer be classified as an "unexperienced" owner. Other teams have been promoted from the Championship in the near past without breaking FFP rules, Burnley , Bournemouth , Huddersfield and so must we.

If that means he sells/rids us of some of his mistake purchases or reverts to selling so called star players, then so be it. Hopefully his latest decisions to take on Karen and Jos will pay off and his move to rely upon more youth and fitness, will pay off. At least these decisions will not cost us more money, but the hope for progress  can remain the same

Good post fella,but BOURNEMOUTH did break FFP,they were fined £7 million,not sure it got paid tho.

Thing is...a period of cutting our cloth accordingly and readdressing some of the imbalances in the squad would do us the world of good. 

Think the club backed themselves into a corner with that daft survey. 

Quite possible to sell a top player and reinvest it back into the squad and become better in the long-term. 

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

Excellent post and I agree almost 100% but you are wide of the mark with one thing.

Burnley & Huddersfield showed how to win promotion without breaking FFP, but Bournemouth?????

Howe's club absolutely flouted/"cheated" the FFP rules to gamble on buying promotion....their wages that season were about £25 million on an income of only £10 million. They even admitted they were guilty of breaking FFP rules by stumping up a paltry fine (about £5 million for getting the £100m TV money).

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Clubs shouldn't be launching highly publicised surveys telling fans one thing and then doing another.

You're telling clubs what they shouldn't do there. Clubs can do whatever they want, providing they are prepared to pay the price 

4 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Excellent post and I agree almost 100% but you are wide of the mark with one thing.

Burnley & Huddersfield showed how to win promotion without breaking FFP, but Bournemouth?????

Howe's club absolutely flouted/"cheated" the FFP rules to gamble on buying promotion....their wages that season were about £25 million on an income of only £10 million. They even admitted they were guilty of breaking FFP rules by stumping up a paltry fine (about £5 million for getting the £100m TV money).

The fine for Bournemouth was £7.6 million.