Would you pay more to stave off FFP restrictions?

I'd rather the club was more sensible with the income it already receives.

If Mr Chansiri is insistent on playing by the FFP (P&S), then we can ill afford to pish away millions on players we seemingly have had no intention of playing.

Increasing ticket prices to give us this so-called breathing space would simply be supporters paying for recent recruitment mistakes. Afraid those mistakes should be footed by the Chairman.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

As a collective yes, as an individual no.

I don't think enough fans go through the gate, buy from the club shop etc.

I see people with unofficial merchandise and I ask them where they bought it.......when I say that's not actually being a supporter buying a mug, a mousemat, a scarf etc from a dodgy website they don't understand.

I've criticized Chansiri savagely for hanging on to Carlos for too long, but not for the pricing.

It's not his fault that ex-PL outfits are inflating the market, nor that there isn't a larger fan base buying replica shirts outside this region.

That's about history.

The only realistic means of upping turnover is to increase ticket prices, which allows him to spend more.

It's grossly unfair, but that's football these days.

We'd all like to see the likes of Abdi sold, but who'll buy him?

The only players likely to leave are those we want to keep.

We've got positive proof of what we are without Bannan, FF etc.

Bob.

If upping prices allowed us to retain what we have and add the couple we need to finally get over the line, then personally I'd take it.

Or we could be a mid-table outfit with the current pricing.

3 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I know! I'll go and ask my boss to pay me extra per week so I can help a billionaire running his football club & I'll skip a few meals. The kids will have to go without too but decent players cost money!

Hope this helps Mr Chansiri 

A simple No would suffice wouldnt it ? 

6 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

As a collective yes, as an individual no.

I don't think enough fans go through the gate, buy from the club shop etc.

I see people with unofficial merchandise and I ask them where they bought it.......when I say that's not actually being a supporter buying a mug, a mousemat, a scarf etc from a dodgy website they don't understand.

let's be smarter here, IF you have the cash and want to spend (Christ knows how much, lets say) £60 on tarquin's new swfc kit, great BUT if another less fortunate (financially) family want to buy lil' tommy a new kit but can't afford the £60, should tommy go without, or should the parents get him a £25 copy? i know which i'd do, there's likely some real belt tightening ahead, it'll be a time of reassessment for quite a few.

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I've criticized Chansiri savagely for hanging on to Carlos for too long, but not for the pricing.

It's not his fault that ex-PL outfits are inflating the market, nor that there isn't a larger fan base buying replica shirts outside this region.

That's about history.

The only realistic means of upping turnover is to increase ticket prices, which allows him to spend more.

Bob.

If upping prices allowed us to retain what we have and add the couple we need to finally get over the line, then personally I'd take it.

Yes but the question is would you pay more to stave off FFP ? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dnhc said:

let's be smarter here, IF you have the cash and want to spend (Christ knows how much, lets say) £60 on tarquin's new swfc kit, great BUT if another less fortunate (financially) family want to buy lil' tommy a new kit but can't afford the £60, should tommy go without, or should the parents get him a £25 copy? i know which i'd do, there's likely some real belt tightening ahead, it'll be a time of reassessment for quite a few.

Lil Tommy could get his big brother to nick Tarquin’s

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That's about history.

Bob.

i'd like us to keep bannan, ff, and the likes, i'd like us to unload a few (but realise how difficult/impossible that might be) if we keep bannan and ff we're in with a chance, and i'd pay more for that, (now for me) if we let ff (most likely) leave i very much doubt we'd make the playoffs, let bannan, and ff go and were a workmanlike mid table side, and i for one am not going to pay forty some quid to watch that.  

Just now, dnhc said:

i'd like us to keep bannan, ff, and the likes, i'd like us to unload a few (but realise how difficult/impossible that might be) if we keep bannan and ff we're in with a chance, and i'd pay more for that, (now for me) if we let ff (most likely) leave i very much doubt we'd make the playoffs, let bannan, and ff go and were a workmanlike mid table side, and i for one am not going to pay forty some quid to watch that.  

Yes, are we at a crossroads?

Make or break?

I mean, pay more and get over the line, or stick with the current pricing (which is still high) and fall away?