Would you pay more to stave off FFP restrictions?

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, are we at a crossroads?

Make or break?

I mean, pay more and get over the line, or stick with the current pricing (which is still high) and fall away?

i try to be fair here, and say i thought the money the club spent on transfer fees and wages , was somewhat different from what i'd have done with it, or liked to have done with it.

we chose to 'splash the cash', and now we must pay for it.

i feel sorry for dc as i think he entered into this somewhat blinkerd, and expected help from those around him, but we ended up jumping in with both feet, and, at present we're here, in a couple of months it might be very interesting as to where we are.

Edited by dnhc
hhh

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, are we at a crossroads?

Make or break?

I mean, pay more and get over the line, or stick with the current pricing (which is still high) and fall away?

Yes but there’s no guarantee paying extra will get us promotion. If it was that clear cut I would pay an extra fiver , occasionally !! . We pay far too much already , I’m convinced this is why the attendances aren’t in the high 20,s to low 30’s .

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes but there’s no guarantee paying extra will get us promotion. If it was that clear cut I would pay an extra fiver , occasionally !! . We pay far too much already , I’m convinced this is why the attendances aren’t in the high 20,s to low 30’s .

of course that's the reason, and the mind numbing shybo football we've been playing.

people criticised gray, but he had **** all to spend, and a hell of a fortune spent later we were still turning out similar performances.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dnhc said:

let's be smarter here, IF you have the cash and want to spend (Christ knows how much, lets say) £60 on tarquin's new swfc kit, great BUT if another less fortunate (financially) family want to buy lil' tommy a new kit but can't afford the £60, should tommy go without, or should the parents get him a £25 copy? i know which i'd do, there's likely some real belt tightening ahead, it'll be a time of reassessment for quite a few.

In almost all cases, the copy is illegal.

If it's not a deliberate copyright infringement, and an obvious different brand that just imitates without infringement, that's fine.

I do think that SWFC as a brand should throw some weight behind copyright infringements.  

It sounds harsh, but if I can't afford to buy my lad the latest iPad, he doesn't get it.    The same should apply to to SWFC merchandise.

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

If it's not a deliberate copyright infringement, and an obvious different brand that just imitates without infringement, that's fine.

I do think that SWFC as a brand should throw some weight behind copyright infringements.  

It sounds harsh, but if I can't afford to buy my lad the latest iPad, he doesn't get it.    The same should apply to to SWFC merchandise.

the family could then 'chalk ****' on supporting the club, can the club afford that? NO.

swings and roundabouts.

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

Fair point 

Not a chance.

Football (not just at SWFC) costs far too much already imo when you take into account ticket prices, cost of replica kits etc.

Some families are being priced out of going nowadays and it's becoming less and less the working man's game imo.

Barring one or two players, our recent (last year or two) record in the transfer market is hardly inspiring, and I certainly won't be coughing up extra to satisfy the ***** joke that is FFP.

Edited by MaliceInBlunderland

3 minutes ago, dnhc said:

the family could then 'chalk ****' on supporting the club, can the club afford that? NO.

swings and roundabouts.

Are you a fan if you never attend or never purchase from the club?

Some would say yes, I would say no.

Just now, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Not a chance.

Football (not just at SWFC) costs far too much already imo when you take into account ticket prices, cost of replica kits etc.

Some families are being priced out of going nowadays and it's becoming less and less the working man's game imo.

Barring one or two players, our recent (last year or two) record in the transfer market is hardly inspiring, and I certainly won't be coughing up extra for the ***** joke that is FFP.

if it's a 'joke' it's a sick one, parachute money rewards utter failure, and allows the relegated sides to swindle the rest of the division who have to have their hands tied, i'd love to see this challenged in a court of law one day.

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

Are you a fan if you never attend or never purchase from the club?

Some would say yes, I would say no.

you might be a 'fan' who goes 15 times a year, and on 10 of those occasions you take your son, then the club prosecutes you for having a copied shirt on his back, and...

11 minutes ago, dnhc said:

you might be a 'fan' who goes 15 times a year, and on 10 of those occasions you take your son, then the club prosecutes you for having a copied shirt on his back, and...

You would prosecute the person who sold the fake merchandise, or are you being deliberately obtuse?