Atdhe Nuhiu - “I can’t wait for the next season to start!"

On 16/05/2018 at 12:23, cookeh said:

Another educated voice on here i see..

Lol

name one good thing he possesses or achieves.

The bad list:

goal record is woeful here and at last club

no pace

not strong

not dominant in the air

is never double marked so does not create space

one knee made of cabbage 

cuts like Ricky Hatton 

been out for ages

spat on an Asian bike-taxi operator

2 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Lol

name one good thing he possesses or achieves.

The bad list:

goal record is woeful here and at last club

no pace

not strong

not dominant in the air

is never double marked so does not create space

one knee made of cabbage 

cuts like Ricky Hatton 

been out for ages

spat on an Asian bike-taxi operator

Experience.

31 international caps, 9 goals. (1 in 3 for a poor international side is respectable).

189 Premier League appearances, 53 goals, 16 assists. Hardly woeful and at a higher level than we're at.

An excellent fitness record prior to this season (during which a lot of normally fit player have been out for long periods)

Quality hold up play, brings others in very well, particularly as a lone forward. (See Anya's goal against Germany for reference)

Committed and willing to put his body on the line to make a difference (Reach not doing that is people main complaint about him).

Shows up when needed. Scored 4 in 5 games at the end of last season to secure us the playoff place (and our highest finish in 17 years).

So.. plenty of good things, since you asked.

The comments about his injury record are the thing i was taking exception to, since they (including your about his knee being made of cabbage) have no basis in reality. So you and the other fella are clearly not educated on the subject. Go look up his injury record. It's there for all to see.

There's things to criticise our players for, but sticking the realms of reality is always a good plan when doing so.

On 16/05/2018 at 08:58, BC1867 said:

Fletch is an injured bag of tug. Has been for years.

This is you Slagging his injury record !!!!!

BC1867

• Sheffield Wednesday First Team
  •  
  • BC1867
  • Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • 2,242 posts

Top signing

From Gary Taylor-Fletcher to Stephen Fletcher in three seasons.

Things are looking up.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Experience.

31 international caps, 9 goals. (1 in 3 for a poor international side is respectable).

189 Premier League appearances, 53 goals, 16 assists. Hardly woeful and at a higher level than we're at.

An excellent fitness record prior to this season (during which a lot of normally fit player have been out for long periods)

Quality hold up play, brings others in very well, particularly as a lone forward. (See Anya's goal against Germany for reference)

Committed and willing to put his body on the line to make a difference (Reach not doing that is people main complaint about him).

Shows up when needed. Scored 4 in 5 games at the end of last season to secure us the playoff place (and our highest finish in 17 years).

The comments about his injury record are the thing i was taking exception to, since they (including your about his knee being made of cabbage) have no basis in reality. So you and the other fella are clearly not educated on the subject. Go look up his injury record. It's there for all to see.

There's things to criticise our players for, but sticking the realms of reality is always a good plan when doing so.

lollollol

Well said that man.

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

This is you Slagging his injury record !!!!!

BC1867

• Sheffield Wednesday First Team
  •  
  • BC1867
  • Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • 2,242 posts

Top signing

From Gary Taylor-Fletcher to Stephen Fletcher in three seasons.

Things are looking up.

Oooh good digging. But I stand by my comments (both of them).

Fletcher was and is an improvement on Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

Fletcher still not good enough in goals or overall effectiveness.

3 hours ago, cookeh said:

Experience.

Experience and previous goal records and levels played at does not indicate quality or “plenty of good things”. It’s in the past. You can’t get credit for just existing and not improving. He is in decline. Whilst he was an improvement on GTF, he’s been poor for us since joining.

as for objecting to what I and others have said about his injury record, take a look at his all competition stats:

20 apps of 53 total 

3 goals

1 assist

not a good record in terms of apps, goals or assists.

12 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Experience and previous goal records and levels played at does not indicate quality or “plenty of good things”. It’s in the past. You can’t get credit for just existing and not improving. He is in decline. Whilst he was an improvement on GTF, he’s been poor for us since joining.

as for objecting to what I and others have said about his injury record, take a look at his all competition stats:

20 apps of 53 total 

3 goals

1 assist

And some reports put him on £35k+ a week over 4 years. That’s over £6M over the length of his contract. 

Not worth it. Not even close. 

We’d get rid the tomorrow if we could. But nobody will take him on that money.   Massive mistake. Particularly in a Carlos side. 

Edited by dave

On 18/05/2018 at 20:36, BC1867 said:

20 apps of 53 total 

3 goals

1 assist

Your logic is just ridiculous.

Not being picked doesn't mean you're injured.

Rhodes as not played in 18 games this season. That doesn't make him injury prone.
But for you, Fletch not playing means he is.

It's quite plainly a stupid piece of  'reasoning'.

On 19/05/2018 at 08:41, dave said:

And some reports put him on £35k+ a week over 4 years. That’s over £6M over the length of his contract. 

Not worth it. Not even close.

True of most of our strikers this year tho, isnt it?

The injuries this season mean no one is worth their wages, if you look at it like that.

Looking back to last season under Carlos, we rotated strikers a LOT.

Both Fletch and Rhodes were largely used as 20 minute men, just getting run outs in most of their appearances. As a result, their stats and contributions are not what they would be.

the end of last season, fletch made 9-10 brief appearances as a sub, and scored none. He then finished with 5 starts and scored 4 goals.

Rhodes was the same. his stats were terrible off the bench, but if you just looked at his starts, then his goals per games was decent.

It feels like Carlos didn't use the players well, and injuries have hurt everyone this season. Nuhiu talked a fair bit at the end of the campaign about how he's not doing anything different, it's just that he's playing regularly and the manager believes in him.  I expect we'll see quite different players under Jos. Looking at his consistent use of Joao and Nuhiu, it seems like he prefers a more static lineup, giving them confidence and where players can build understanding. I think that's what Fletch and Rhodes need.

Rhodes and Fletch, and Abdi and Matias are all good players. They've 'damaged' by Carlos, injuries and the form of others. Under Jos, I think there's a decent change that things might change, and we'll see the players we thought we were getting.

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Your logic is just ridiculous.

Not being picked doesn't mean you're injured.

Rhodes as not played in 18 games this season. That doesn't make him injury prone.
But for you, Fletch not playing means he is.

It's quite plainly a stupid piece of  'reasoning'.

Logic: he doesn't play because he is either tug or injured. Not sure which is better (both are bad) or why you are arguing with me? The stats don’t merit your support of him.

1 hour ago, BC1867 said:

Logic: he doesn't play because he is either tug or injured. Not sure which is better (both are bad) or why you are arguing with me? The stats don’t merit your support of him.

That's an amazing lack of depth of consideration. Congrats on the simple life you must lead. Tho I feel bad for those that have to put up with you on a daily.

On 21/05/2018 at 15:04, cookeh said:

That's an amazing lack of depth of consideration. Congrats on the simple life you must lead. Tho I feel bad for those that have to put up with you on a daily.

Are you fletcher’s Dad or something?

Ooooh you are edgy and deep because you pull out “facts” from your arse/overactive imagination!

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:40, BC1867 said:

Joao and Nuhiu hardly played...tug or injured...we get it you don't like Fletcher...no one gives a shitwhy lol

Fletcher isn't injured he's one of those players who the owner won't allow to play because of appearance related payments Fletcher is due. 

Incidentally, Fletcher is getting fifty grand a week not to play. He's getting more in a week than most people in Sheffield earn in two years. 

That puts things in perspective. 

He's getting paid not to play just to avoid paying him more money. 

Another monty python moment from the Hillsborough gulag. 

As for Nuihu. Well there's not much to say other than I wish they'd pay him not to play. Well I wish we'd dumped him. 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Fletcher isn't injured he's one of those players who the owner won't allow to play because of appearance related payments Fletcher is due. 

Incidentally, Fletcher is getting fifty grand a week not to play. He's getting more in a week than most people in Sheffield earn in two years. 

That puts things in perspective. 

He's getting paid not to play just to avoid paying him more money. 

Another monty python moment from the Hillsborough gulag. 

As for Nuihu. Well there's not much to say other than I wish they'd pay him not to play. Well I wish we'd dumped him. 

Liar, liar, pants on fire.