Atdhe Nuhiu - “I can’t wait for the next season to start!"

Atdhe Nuhiu has explained how trust and confidence has enabled the big striker to finish the season with a flourish.

The Kosovo international may not always have been a regular on the teamsheet but the 28-year-old never once doubted his own abilities.

In fact, quite the opposite.

And under the guidance of Jos Luhukay, Nuhiu has risen to the fore, scored nine goals in the final eight games, including a goal of the season contender against Preston and a hat-trick against Norwich.

“Confidence plays a big part,” Nuhiu said. “The manager trusts me and that makes me confident and as a result the goals came and not just the goals but the results.

“When you have the trust and confidence, you also do types of things that are not expected of you.

“The manager likes to work with me, I like to work with him and that played a big part in it.

“My priority was to stay here, the manager wanted that, the club wanted that so for me there was no doubt.”

Aiming to carry that form into the new season, Atdhe now looks ahead to the future at Hillsborough with much optimism.

Without doubt, the S6 landscape has shifted for the towering frontman, who is excited for what is to come during this next phase of his Wednesday career.

He continued: “I can’t wait for the next season to start.

“I’m five years here already and it’s nice to be at a club where people show loyalty and everybody knows what the club means to me.

“From my side, I said it in the past, Sheffield Wednesday were the club who opened the door for me to come to England.

“I am very pleased for that. There is a new system, new idea behind all of this and it’s exciting times ahead.”

Owlstalk Shop

This puts a smile on my dial!! lol

And under the guidance of Jos Luhukay, Nuhiu has risen to the fore, scored nine goals in the final eight games, including a goal of the season contender against Preston and a hat-trick against Norwich.

• Like 1

If that statement is typical of what all the players are saying, then we have a promising future to look forward to.

What a refreshing read. With BBs comments the other day it seems the players are really buying into Jo’s ideas. The way certain players have improved under him is really encouraging. Can’t wait to see a fully fit squad. If has the same impact on hooper he will score ten million goals next season

• Like 2

Just put £150 @ 50s/1 on him being top scorer in Championship next season.

Odds now 16s

Edited by 33
Tyop
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In some games Atdhe was unplayable

I'm backing Jos to make this happen more often

I wonder what the odds are for Atdhe getting 20 goals next season, he's capable of it with the right service

Always possibilities when he's winning that 1st ball and most defender's don't know what the fk to do with him. UTO.

11 hours ago, cookeh said:

Could be an important player, which i never thought i'd say. He and Fletch are great foils for other strikers, and bring better balance to our forward play.

Always said Fletcher was signed as cover for atdhe 

• Haha 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

Looking forward to seeing Adthe continue this form. If he does, we are all in for a good season.

22 hours ago, cookeh said:

Could be an important player, which i never thought i'd say. He and Fletch are great foils for other strikers, and bring better balance to our forward play.

Fletch is an injured bag of tug. Has been for years.