Shirt design for next season... Yes, it has stripes. No, it's not official.

As a 77 yr old fan who's been watching the Owls for 70 years, I have over my bed, two recent pictures of Wednesday. The first is a picture of Carvalhal's Boys, all playing in the supposedly detested Blue with a pinstripe of white. This is the one Chansiri came out with first,and which received such criticism, but was bought and is still worn by many Wednesday fans. The second picture shows Wednesday players surrounding an official   at Highbury in a snow storm,in jan 1967 in a match that was abandoned after 48 mins. This was when we were a Premiership side! We were wearing a strip almost identical to today's strip-- NO STRIPES- which we adopted for about 6 or 7 years.

In the 1980's /90's we played in stripes , but these altered every season. Over my seventy years, I have seen Wednesday in many different strips, especially since the advent of 'Club Shops' and merchandise., and as long as it is NOT red, I will accept it. I may not like it, but then I am not forced to buy it. For years, I went in a blue and white scarf knitted for me by my mother. That, and the SW Supporters Club Badge which I still proudly wear are sufficient for me. It's the passion behind the badge I want to see..   

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Thing is when I gave my lad the choice of one the three that’s the one he picked WTF:

Its ok, its best to let him make all of his incorrect choices early in life so there's only good ones to make in the future... lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Its ok, its best to let him make all of his incorrect choices early in life so there's only good ones to make in the future... lol

Little tyke has taken a shine to wolves this season.... I think it’s the first step 

9 minutes ago, ramone said:

Ok, its about time you reigned him in a little. Its all about to start getting out of hand... :ghoulguy:

I blame the parents. Frankly, if he wants to go and see wolves that’s fine. One problem solved. He then has to work out where to live, how to feed himself, get to school, wash, find a source of income, warmth and new family. 

I would say he has more to think about than me. 

Edited by Spencerowl
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

I blame the parents. Frankly, if he wants to go and see wolves that’s fine. One problem solved. He then has to work out where to live, how to feed himself, get to school, wash, find a source of income, warmth and new family. 

I would say he has more to think about than me. 

Just play him YouTube videos of Frank Skinner and simply ask him - 'Do you want to start talking like that? DO YOU??' 

Just now, ramone said:

Just play him YouTube videos of Frank Skinner and simply ask him - 'Do you want to start talking like that? DO YOU??' 

lolno because then he will that flipping annoying three lions song that gets stuck in my head and then disciplinary procedures start over that 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

I have had to look elsewhere for my shirt needs, which you have failed miserably to forfill. 

As I said you are in the "want summat for nowt cheapskate freeloading category" on the order list be ready next season 

Got a lot on at moment sewing these strips of blue n white material together for some Asian chap WTF:

14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

As I said you are in the "want summat for nowt cheapskate freeloading category" on the order list be ready next season 

Got a lot on at moment sewing these strips of blue n white material together for some Asian chap WTF:

I am happy to pay you, but need to see the goods before I can make a judgment on if it’s worth anything. I’m happy to go upto £2.50 if it’s good. Look forward to it. 

Make sure its the right blue, the right white, not to thick or thin.... get it right man

22 hours ago, swfc990 said:

There's been a lot of talk recently about next season's shirt and with a fair few World Cup kits getting announced at the moment I thought I'd try and put something together.

5aaa85f81254b_ShirtSWFC.thumb.png.67442a78e29241da5f71516af919ca0d.png

I'm guessing the stripes are too thick/thin, the blue is wrong, it would look better with the old badge, the sleeves should have stripes, it should be a Bukta kit and so on but I guess you can't please everybody!

What do you think?

Looks great apart from those little shading lines. Get rid of those and it's a winner. lol

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

I am happy to pay you, but need to see the goods before I can make a judgment on if it’s worth anything. I’m happy to go upto £2.50 if it’s good. Look forward to it. 

Make sure its the right blue, the right white, not to thick or thin.... get it right man

Sorry sold out now will be restocking 

With our dedicated suppllier Eliv...err .Adidas for next season ..

Now you are willing to pay I'll bump you up the list you are inbetween Ash 76 & Rebowl Yell so at least you are in good company for a chat :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, hirstyno9 said:

If? What do you mean if. Of course its mine.

new kits cwl.jpg

shirts need to be longer

Who wants to see midriff? 

4 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sorry sold out now will be restocking 

With our dedicated suppllier Eliv...err .Adidas for next season ..

Now you are willing to pay I'll bump you up the list you are inbetween Ash 76 & Rebowl Yell so at least you are in good company for a chat :duntmatter:

Thanks .... I think