PLEASE VOTE - Best current local Sheffield Wednesday Journalist/Presenter?

Best local Sheffield Wednesday Journalist/Presenter?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Best local Sheffield Wednesday Journalist/Presenter?

• Alan Biggs
    • Rob Staton
    • Andy Giddings
    • Dom Howson
    • Chris Holt
    • Jon Newsome
    • George Smith
    • Rob O'Neill
    • Other (post in the thread who)

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

What’s to be achieved by doing so? 

It was the week's biggest talking point amongst fans though

The shows are delivered to attract fans, discuss the topics that are current and maximise listeners

Therefore if many fans are discussing the question, if they ask the question they will get more listeners, more people will talk about the programme, and the rumour can get quashed or confirmed either way (sometimes).

It makes total sense to me and I can't see anything wrong with debating it for a short while on the radio show (pretty sure it only took up like 1 or 2 minutes of a 60 minute show?)

It might just be that you're very sensitive to that particular question

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ash76
14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was the week's biggest talking point amongst fans though

The shows are delivered to attract fans, discuss the topics that are current and maximise listeners

Therefore if many fans are discussing the question, if they ask the question they will get more listeners, more people will talk about the programme, and the rumour can get quashed or confirmed either way (sometimes).

It makes total sense to me and I can't see anything wrong with debating it for a short while on the radio show (pretty sure it only took up like 1 or 2 minutes of a 60 minute show?)

It might just be that you're very sensitive to that particular question

So to summarise, they have their own agendas then?

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I really honestly don't get how you came to that question based on everything I posted above?

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I if they ask the question they will get more listeners, more people will talk about the programme

Got ya

I think ultimately Football Heaven and Praise Or Grumble are topical shows meaning they discuss the topics and subjects that fans are discussing at the time

I honestly don't see anything wrong with them asking the questions that you'd not have them ask

To me it feels that you're oversensitive to that particular question being asked

All opinions though eh?

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why does it offend you so much that this question has been asked? 

Now the accounts have been announced even more fans believe it could be a real thing

Surely presenters putting those questions to the club to put them to bed is a good thing?

nothing wrong with asking if there was an injury conspiracy but he cant have expected for the club to confirm there was one .....wouldn't be much of conspiracy if they owned up to it so what was the point of asking ...... a good journalist you'd think what have got some sort of fact/proof  to throw back at  them once they had denied it ......if i got in touch with a journo and said the lord mayors on a backhander  he wouldn't go ploughing in asking him questions he 'd want summat to back up the accusation . 

30 minutes ago, torryowl said:

nothing wrong with asking if there was an injury conspiracy but he cant have expected for the club to confirm there was one .....

Not saying he could

But there's always the chance the club could just say 'that it absolutely totally not true. it's totally made up and it's definitely NOT happening here'

That's what could be achieved by asking the question

Puts it to bed, ends the speculation, and moves the debates onto the next topic

Absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with asking the question and I bet if you asked the Sheffield Wednesday press team, Mr Chansiri or Jos Luhukay they'd tell you the exact same thing

Owlstalk Shop

On 01/03/2018 at 12:49, timrud said:

Newsome is the best

The others are so bad. Staton clearly has a poor relation with the club and gets no information. He sounds really annoyed when doing match updates, like he doesn't want to be there. Also gets too easily wound up by callers and is quite rude and patronising to some people. I've found myself cringing listening to him on P&G. He is better than Biggs and Howson though.

Staton reminds me of a few on here.

• Haha 1

Can anyone remember a RS presenter called Steve Houghton? 2003 time?

He wasn’t backwards in coming forward when it came to giving an opinion.

The best commentator during the time I’ve listened to RS is without doubt Paul Walker. A mention to Seth though, those two combined well together. 

2 hours ago, g-owls said:

Can anyone remember a RS presenter called Steve Houghton? 2003 time?

He wasn’t backwards in coming forward when it came to giving an opinion.

The best commentator during the time I’ve listened to RS is without doubt Paul Walker. A mention to Seth though, those two combined well together. 

I liked the Sterland/Seth commentary combo.

"Maybe he could have got in a better position there ,Mel?"

"Uurgh, they've got to be busting a gut there,Seth."

"Oooh, and he's down, that looked a bad one. The ball seemed to hit him in the er, lower stomach"

"He's took that right in the wedding tackle,Seth . But  Tthat's what players should do when they play for Sheffield Wednesday. Magnificent"

On 01/03/2018 at 12:49, timrud said:

Newsome is the best

The others are so bad. Staton clearly has a poor relation with the club and gets no information. He sounds really annoyed when doing match updates, like he doesn't want to be there. Also gets too easily wound up by callers and is quite rude and patronising to some people. I've found myself cringing listening to him on P&G. He is better than Biggs and Howson though.

Very True. Staton is an Owl but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder with the club for some unknown reason. I hope its just frustration that we are underachieving, but he seems to have had the knifes out for Jos from the press conference when he was unveiled. Asking questions like what does he know about the Championship?

I don't think it helps that he has to hang around with the other BBC  (Blades Business Crew) reporters at Radio Sheffield who seem to encourage wild deluded criticism of Sheffield Wednesday and joyously declare they're off t'Lane on Saturday. 

Not that I'm bitter about the situation.