V A R

51 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Every goal is automatically reviewed

This.....and that's the main thing wrong with VAR at the moment.....I'm by no means a fan but the main issue is that the so called experts don't know the fvckin rules.....so you've got that clown who was commentating with Savage tonight coming out with comments like "John Aldridge used to do that all the time" and making out they've got it wrong without knowing the rules were changed a few years ago to stop the feint

And Savage himself hasn't a clue

Anyone getting paid to give their opinion on football games should have to qualify as a ref first

Its been awful so far it just spoils the natural flow of the game, with the exceptions of goaline technology and offside rule everything else is just opinion and using var just brings in more opinion.

Its ok saying they will only review major decisions buts its impossible to keep it at that, how long until corners are reviewed after a wrongly given corner results in a goal that wins a big game, relegates a team etc. It will be a dream for sky though as they manage to cut to adverts midgame so Im sure like all other decisions it will come in at the expense of the fans enjoyment at the stadium.

Agree with both Pale Rider and Ian 

First I don't like VAR because it's going to give the ref a "look at me I'm Poll & Twatenberg licks eyebrows moment".

And second if we are going to have VAR 

It needs to be regulated properly like Rugby League. 

The commentator thing is Bobbar 

There really isn't anybody out there at the moment that isnt anything other than a self promoting mirror loving hedonistic prìck ..

Only ones I would give time of day to is Keith Andrews & Colin (I know but he does know what he's talking about ) the rest are silage ........

Get rid. Then invest proper money on an apprentice scheme for referees, properly organised, properly managed.

Get prospective referees in at an early age, learning to referee games at a local level first, then progressing through the ranks and league structure based on performances. Only the best reach the top, and get paid accordingly for progression.

Also to include some kind of football coaching training / time spent at football clubs, so they mix with those involved with football, and get to understand the game, and how it is played, first.

Let me know when you need World poverty sorting. 

4 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

It works in cricket, rugby and USA football because at least the paying public are shown exactly why the decisions are given.

I suppose it goes against the culture of referees in football to explain their actions. 

It works in those slow and boring games, with many natural  stoppages.

You now gotta wait 5 mins for goal confirmation.

Footy's global as ain't changed much past 180 years.

We don't need the nerds near it.

Nor humans overruling refs (also human).