Welcome to Ashton Gate on Saturday

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Cant see anything other than a City win TBF. 

One thing that did strike me is since Lee Johnson outlandish claims that in training you think yourselves as a Premier League club (shortly after losing to City I think it was) you've gone on a stinking run. Do you, as a fan, worry that you tried to start running before you could walk? 

I think the whole League Cup run lead to too much pressure being put on the players that they have to play like that every week, some of the stuff Johnson has said hasn't helped but I think we really could have done without that run both physically and mentally

5 minutes ago, Bristol City Matt said:

I think the whole League Cup run lead to too much pressure being put on the players that they have to play like that every week, some of the stuff Johnson has said hasn't helped but I think we really could have done without that run both physically and mentally

Thats the impression I got. It just heaped a load of unnecessary pressure on to yourselves. I mean thats all well and good having a mentality like that. I actually think its healthy but keep it behind the scenes. The minute you splurge it to the press is the minute everyone sees you as a club to be got at. 

As a fan of team that have practically traded places with us, what do you make of our season so far? Have you taken much notice? We know we have a injury list that is beyond a joke, interested to know if that filters through to other teams or do you see Wednesday lying 16th and wonder why are so crap this season? 

Sorry for 'Masterminding' you with all the questions. I'm just intrigued to know how other fans perceive our season so far... 

Edited by ramone

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Thats the impression I got. It just heaped a load of unnecessary pressure on to yourselves. I mean thats all well and good having a mentality like that. I actually think its healthy but keep it behind the scenes. The minute you splurge it to the press is the minute everyone sees you as a club to be got at. 

As a fan of team that have practically traded places with us, what do you make of our season so far? Have you taken much notice? We know we have a injury list that is beyond a joke, interested to know if that filters through to other teams or do you see Wednesday lying 16th and wonder why are so crap this season? 

Sorry for 'Masterminding' you with all the questions. I'm just intrigued to know how other fans perceive our season so far... 

We wer crap a lot of last season..

11 minutes ago, Bristol City Matt said:

True..Its almost impossible to win the league cup AND win promotion to the top division...I'm wrackin' me brains trying to think of the last team to do it lol

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

Forecast for Saturday is cold, very cold. We have undersoil heating so the pitch won't be frozen but I'm glad you're coming to us rather than the other way around. You guys up north might find travelling south a bit tricky with snow forecast around your area 

What's classed as an amber weather warning in the south just translates to "Wear yer big coat" in the north.

Mine and the boy's first trip to AG on Saturday, really looking forward to it and I also think we'll be competitive. Have also heard really good things about the stadium.

28 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

What's classed as an amber weather warning in the south just translates to "Wear yer big coat" in the north.

Mine and the boy's first trip to AG on Saturday, really looking forward to it and I also think we'll be competitive. Have also heard really good things about the stadium.

The redevelopment of AG is fantastic. There sides are now joined so from above it's a 'U' shape. You guys will be the Atyeo which currently is separate but with a concourse running all around the stadium. 

Everything is brand spanking new as you'd expect. The toilets are clean with plenty of urinals. Before it was shockingly bad  and you had you stand in other people's wee wee - not any longer thankfully.

We saw the gradual redevelopment over three seasons I think so it wasn't so much as a surprise when it was finally completed but away fans who remember the old AG all really like the stadium now. 

Outside there are plenty of food food outlets but also a "fans zone" with a small stage where a live band play on matchday. It really improves the matchday experience.

If you see a small cream coloured pie outlet then get a pie or a pastie. It's Clarke pies and they are outside the ground near the park in Ashto Rd. Best pies around and better than you'll get inside AG by far. They're gert lush!

I hope you guys have an enjoyable experience at AG on Saturday- regardless of the result!

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, Bristol City Matt said:

You could have done without getting to a cup semi final?

I've heard everything now.

Another example of a fan getting completely brainwashed by owner and manager speak.

Why don't you just go bust then the fluffy little bunnies will not be mentally and physically drained.

3 hours ago, ramone said:

I've seen things floated about surrounding your injury crisis, especially at one point when the team that started the play off final last season were all injured which can't have helped! Despite that though I've still been quite shocked with some of our results (losing 3-0 at home to Burton, 3-1 at home to Birmingham) it's obvious that you still have quality, and you showed good organisation when you drew v us, plus you're result v Derby shows there is still a good team there. 

I try to take as much notice of as many teams as possible, especially when we are about to play them and especially when they aren't hitting the heights people would expect, although in your case with the injury crisis that's maybe understandable. 

How do you see your season panning out now? You've changed manager and you still have some class players, so with others coming back from injury I don't see why you can't push for a higher position, you definitely won't go down but it'll be interesting to see if you think you will be able to get back to where you were next season in the next couple of years

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

You could have done without getting to a cup semi final?

I've heard everything now.

Another example of a fan getting completely brainwashed by owner and manager speak.

Why don't you just go bust then the fluffy little bunnies will not be mentally and physically drained.

Getting to the semi final was fantastic, the 2 nights v man city and the quarter final were games I'll never forget but the main aim for every club in this division has surely got to be Premier league football and so if not going all the way in the Cup meant we have less of a chance of that then I'd have to take that swap 

13 minutes ago, Bristol City Matt said:

I've seen things floated about surrounding your injury crisis, especially at one point when the team that started the play off final last season were all injured which can't have helped! Despite that though I've still been quite shocked with some of our results (losing 3-0 at home to Burton, 3-1 at home to Birmingham) it's obvious that you still have quality, and you showed good organisation when you drew v us, plus you're result v Derby shows there is still a good team there. 

I try to take as much notice of as many teams as possible, especially when we are about to play them and especially when they aren't hitting the heights people would expect, although in your case with the injury crisis that's maybe understandable. 

How do you see your season panning out now? You've changed manager and you still have some class players, so with others coming back from injury I don't see why you can't push for a higher position, you definitely won't go down but it'll be interesting to see if you think you will be able to get back to where you were next season in the next couple of years

Yeah we've had a few shoddy results of late. I left after 38 minutes against Birmingham, i've never done that before. The earliest I've left a football ground previously was on the hour shortly after David Friio made it 3-0 to Plymouth about 14 years ago... 

Re next season. Difficult to tell really. The new gaffer has come in and has made us more resilient. But by being more resilient, you lose a bit of attacking edge at the same time. Whether that outlook will change once our better player become available I really dont know. From what i;ve seen so far, our attacking intent is next to non existent. I'm not so sure a manager like Jos was what was required. We'd equalled our all time record for clean sheets kept in a season in the last 3 seasons. It was getting more out of our plethora of talent further up the pitch that we needed. In my opinion of course. I like Jos but the jury is still out for me. Going away to Boro and Milwall and showing nothing doesn't fill me with confidence, 

Reports today have linked us with Mick McCarthey taking over for next season. Now for me, I wouldn't mind that at all. He's a Yorkshire bloke and one thing he does know is The Championship. I'd take him personally. He's done a great job at Ipswich. I'm sure I read the other day that since he took charge 6 years ago he's spent 1.5 million. Thats not even net spend. Staggering. 

Do you think you'll stick around in the play offs? Just do me one thing, dont drop out at the expense of that lot otherwise you wont be as well received on here the next time around... :tango::tango::tango:

Edited by ramone

3 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I'll be at Ashton Gate on Saturday somewhere in the home end.

I'm not expecting a Wednesday win but a decent game of football, a few beverages and a curry should see me enjoy the trip!

If you're not heading straight back after the match and fancy a curry I'd recommend this place the Raj Bari in Hotwells Rd. It's a n easy walk from AG and I'm a regular in there!

The food is simply wonderful and the best Indian around imv. 

Google Raj Bari Bristol and that'll take you to their website.

Edited by Alan Robinson
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bristol City Matt said:

Keep talkin' matt....Its like havin' a comfort blanket lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Yeah we've had a few shoddy results of late. I left after 38 minutes against Birmingham, i've never done that before. The earliest I've left a football ground previously was on the hour shortly after David Friio made it 3-0 to Plymouth about 14 years ago... 

Re next season. Difficult to tell really. The new gaffer has come in and has made us more resilient. But by being more resilient, you lose a bit of attacking edge at the same time. Whether that outlook will change once our better player become available I really dont know. From what i;ve seen so far, our attacking intent is next to non existent. I'm not so sure a manager like Jos was what was required. We'd equalled our all time record for clean sheets kept in a season in the last 3 seasons. It was getting more out of our plethora of talent further up the pitch that we needed. In my opinion of course. I like Jos but the jury is still out for me. Going away to Boro and Milwall and showing nothing doesn't fill me with confidence, 

Reports today have linked us with Mick McCarthey taking over for next season. Now for me, I wouldn't mind that at all. He's a Yorkshire bloke and one thing he does know is The Championship. I'd take him personally. He's done a great job at Ipswich. I'm sure I read the other day that since he took charge 6 years ago he's spent 1.5 million. Thats not even net spend. Staggering. 

Do you think you'll stick around in the play offs? Just do me one thing, dont drop out at the expense of that lot otherwise you wont be as well received on here the next time around... :tango::tango::tango:

For the play offs there's 5 teams battling for 1 place now, can't see the other lot in Sheffield getting it, will be between us Brentford and Middlesbrough with Brentford getting it I reckon 

• Like 1