Welcome to Ashton Gate on Saturday

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

True..Its almost impossible to win the league cup AND win promotion to the top division...I'm wrackin' me brains trying to think of the last team to do it lol

Erm, stop hurting your head, asteener. I'll give you a clue. It was The Wednesday lol :rolleyes:

FFS

yeah I know mate. I know lol just had to make sure the laddo knows.

5 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

The redevelopment of AG is fantastic. There sides are now joined so from above it's a 'U' shape. You guys will be the Atyeo which currently is separate but with a concourse running all around the stadium. 

Everything is brand spanking new as you'd expect. The toilets are clean with plenty of urinals. Before it was shockingly bad  and you had you stand in other people's wee wee - not any longer thankfully.

We saw the gradual redevelopment over three seasons I think so it wasn't so much as a surprise when it was finally completed but away fans who remember the old AG all really like the stadium now. 

Outside there are plenty of food food outlets but also a "fans zone" with a small stage where a live band play on matchday. It really improves the matchday experience.

If you see a small cream coloured pie outlet then get a pie or a pastie. It's Clarke pies and they are outside the ground near the park in Ashto Rd. Best pies around and better than you'll get inside AG by far. They're gert lush!

I hope you guys have an enjoyable experience at AG on Saturday- regardless of the result!

Thanks for the tips.

Will they have Hendo's Relish wth the pies or do I have to bring my own supply?

11 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Thanks for the tips.

Will they have Hendo's Relish wth the pies or do I have to bring my own supply?

Red and brown ketchup is all there is but with a Clarks pastie or pie it'd be sacrilege to use either.

I vaguely remember some mustard once but I don't think it was ever used

On 27/02/2018 at 15:57, Alan Robinson said:

If you're not heading straight back after the match and fancy a curry I'd recommend this place the Raj Bari in Hotwells Rd. It's a n easy walk from AG and I'm a regular in there!

The food is simply wonderful and the best Indian around imv. 

Google Raj Bari Bristol and that'll take you to their website.

Great.  Thanks for that Alan.