Championship Now Boasts Third Biggest Crowds In Europe

3 hours ago, cowl said:

Teams relegated from the Premiership with huge wage bills will have a problem though. There would have to be a rule introduced that would mean that all contracts a player signs with a club would be immediately set to reduced terms upon relegation. If they were able to do this then there'd be no need to scrap FFP - which in any case, isn't such a bad thing, however frustrating it is.

I agree but current practice is team relegated use the parachute payment to get an unfair advantage over the other 21 team.

This loop hole need closing but The football league are too scared of the premier league and the simple fact of it they are helping to put football in the state it currently is.

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

that's  a bit misleading , the average attendance in the Bundesliga is higher than the prem by about 6k a game .....ditto the championship average is below Bundesliga 2 by around 1k ........

On the other hand you could also suggest the aggregate attendances in England and Wakes are even more impressive versus Germany, Turkey, Russia and France when you consider the population of England and Wales is less.

12 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

On the other hand you could also suggest the aggregate attendances in England and Wakes are even more impressive versus Germany, Turkey, Russia and France when you consider the population of England and Wales is less.

you could ......

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

you could ......

Let’s face it a major reason for the impressive attendances in the Championship is because it’s such a great league.  Although I’d be just as happy as the next fan to see us promoted, I’m not convinced life in the PL would be any more enjoyable.

5 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Let’s face it a major reason for the impressive attendances in the Championship is because it’s such a great league.  Although I’d be just as happy as the next fan to see us promoted, I’m not convinced life in the PL would be any more enjoyable.

you don't have to convince me mate i'm more than happy to be in the championship ...I've seen us in the top flight  know the script and how it usually ends .