Carlos "Derby was an important game"

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

The same Pudil everyone was horrified to see start at CB at the start of the season...

Awful suggestion mate. And if Pudil has started over Van Aken and had lost you’d have been whinging that he started a left back over a CB that we’d spent 4 million on. 

He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t with some of you. Quite frankly, it’s boring to read 

but not as boring as watching us whimp out of matches like udders (x2),blunts,burton,bolton,birmingham etc  

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

The same Pudil everyone was horrified to see start at CB at the start of the season...

Awful suggestion mate. And if Pudil has started over Van Aken and had lost you’d have been whinging that he started a left back over a CB that we’d spent 4 million on. 

He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t with some of you. Quite frankly, it’s boring to read 

It appears that hindsight makes people on here better managers. The team put out, had they played to their potential, should have murdered Dem Blades.

4 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

millwall and barnsley were great ???? can you tell me why you think that???

The fact we battered Barnsley and didn’t get the rub of the green with the chances we created. And we won against Millwall, that’s pretty great for me

9 minutes ago, ramone said:

The fact we battered Barnsley and didn’t get the rub of the green with the chances we created. And we won against Millwall, that’s pretty great for me

they were acceptable (at the time) for a team devoid of confidence on the back of a string of awful results/performances.NOT what i'd expect from a multi million pound squad that's been together for 2 seasons that should be challenging for promotion.    

1 hour ago, ramone said:

But the same pudil who has been pretty good at centre back ? 

Hes not dammed either way. He isn’t up to the task of promotion. 

Im past caring on that front , just gonna enjoy the victories when they come

2 hours ago, brian joicey said:

MOTIVATION (who said it was 'just another game/3pts? clue; it wasn't a player) , TACTICS (lightweight in midfield both in numbers and strength when everybody knows how they setup/play), TEMPO (who sets us up to play at walking pace for the  1st half in most of our matches?)

while on the subject of LEES,who's idea was it to play a novice at the side of him in such a big match? van aken looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights... this most certainly affected LEES' performance. while on the subject wasn't westwood playing with an injury (?) if so,why ? 

I don't think motivation had anything to do with it all , it was bottle, or lack of and leadership on the pitch. If professional footballers need motivating for any game , never mind that one then they are in the wrong sport

Tactics- ok so who should have played in centre midfield to stop us being outnumbered . I think we should play 3 in midfield for every game but given we don't how would you changed it. Gone one up front or 3 at the back. You would have changed our normal formation to play at home?

Pudil was the only other fit option and I would probably have gone with him but before the game I don't remember this being shouted from the roof tops.

I get fed up hearing about tempo. The players set the tempo by winning tackles and picking up second balls. We lose far too many and Carlos gets blamed for sitting back. Tell you what how about players who win tackles and pick up second balls.

The first goal came from a breakaway when Bannan lost a tackle in their half.

29 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

they were acceptable (at the time) for a team devoid of confidence on the back of a string of awful results/performances.NOT what i'd expect from a multi million pound squad that's been together for 2 seasons that should be challenging for promotion.    

If if you want rid of Carlos because he has not recruited enough leaders or athletes which means our squad is no where near as good as we think  and because he continues to play an archaic 442 I am with you all the way but the players carry a lot of the blame for the Pigs debacle 

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday head coach Carlos Carvalhal has spoken about where he thinks the season turned, pointing to the performance against Derby County as the moment the Owls started to turn it on.

“Derby was an important game,”

“We played with 10 players but we were brave. We played with quality and the performance gave us confidence for the future. “We found our way against Derby and have performed well since that game.

“We didn’t achieve the win against Barnsley but deserved to win. I think we are in a good way.”

Image result for fishing gif

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

If if you want rid of Carlos because he has not recruited enough leaders or athletes which means our squad is no where near as good as we think  and because he continues to play an archaic 442 I am with you all the way but the players carry a lot of the blame for the Pigs debacle 

Without doubt the players aren't blameless but their lethargy is transmitted from above. We know what these players are capable of but how often are they 'let loose' to show it ? 

17 hours ago, brian joicey said:

carlos doesn't though this is the whole point, he's stuborn and set in his ways

17 hours ago, ramone said:

Can you give an indication of why you think that? Last few games have been great

If you don't mind me joining in...

Ramone I agree the last three games have been what we are looking for, and what we are capable of. But, I definitely think Brian Joicey is bang on. 

Once eveyone is fit Carlos will revert to the Hull Wembley/Huddersfield home side. He thinks a lop-sided midfield, with FF striker, is his best team. It's been proven time and time and time again that it falls short. He is either blind or stubborn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

If you don't mind me joining in...

Ramone I agree the last three games have been what we are looking for, and what we are capable of. But, I definitely think Brian Joicey is bang on. 

Once eveyone is fit Carlos will revert to the Hull Wembley/Huddersfield home side. He thinks a lop-sided midfield, with FF striker, is his best team. It's been proven time and time and time again that it falls short. He is either blind or stubborn.

I can understand that way of thinking, I really can. 

I was fully expecting to see the lob sided midfield against Villa if i'm honest with Jones coming in for Wallace/Reach and Bannan being pushed out wide but he proved me wrong by going the same again. His hand wasn't forced, Jones was on the bench. 

Perhaps, with him getting a small tune out of Jordan Rhodes the penny may have dropped that supplying him with crosses and intricate through balls is the way forward. Who knows, its down to the manager now. 

One thing I well say on a total side note, I reckon the goal Rhodes scored against Villa was his first one on one (ish) type chance he's had during his time with us, And that isn't even an exaggeration. 

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

I can understand that way of thinking, I really can. 

I was fully expecting to see the lob sided midfield against Villa if i'm honest with Jones coming in for Wallace/Reach and Bannan being pushed out wide but he proved me wrong by going the same again. His hand wasn't forced, Jones was on the bench. 

Perhaps, with him getting a small tune out of Jordan Rhodes the penny may have dropped that supplying him with crosses and intricate through balls is the way forward. Who knows, its down to the manager now. 

One thing I well say on a total side note, I reckon the goal Rhodes scored against Villa was his first one on one (ish) type chance he's had during his time with us, And that isn't even an exaggeration. 

I hope you are right, and sometimes I allow myself to think that Carlos will keep the balanced approach. But after he binned the six-on-the-trot approach I really doubt it. 

Hutch is a must-play for Carlos when fit, so Bannan or Lee will move wide. And Forestieri is a striker for Carlos. 

Hooper was injured. Wallace went off injured.  Fletcher the same.  Rhodes was a fingertip from the winner but most important of all EVERY team in the play offs went "safety first".

Fulham abandoned being Barcelona, Reading did it all season and Huddersfield practiced for it when they dropped out of the autos.  There is simply that much at stake at that stage of the season.