George Hirst

Guest Deleted member
Just now, darra said:

So you think he should be given an inflated contract along with a first team place or on the bench at the very least?. If it's a first team place who should he replace?

Where did I say I'd written him off? IIRC the game was a cup game can't remember who it was against

It was against Cambridge. Over 12 months ago. 

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, darra said:

It's been widely reported that it is commensurate with that of others of his age.

No it hasn't

You're making it up as you go along

4 minutes ago, darra said:

So you think he should be given an inflated contract along with a first team place or on the bench at the very least?. If it's a first team place who should he replace?

Where did I say I'd written him off? IIRC the game was a cup game can't remember who it was against

If we rate him highly, we should invest in him, in his wages, as well as in developing him as a player by either keeping him around first team squad or loaning him out to the right club. It is that simple.

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’ve certainly not written him because he is still very young. I saw him v Hull at the end of last season and yeah he’s a talent but I don’t like the idea that his team are trying to force a move because we won’t offer him a ridiculous wage (for an 18 year old at a Championship club). Reading the article above about how many good young players are never heard of again I can sort of see why they want to get their hands on loads of dosh as soon as they can. Just be honest about it. 

What is this ridiculous wage you accuse him of demanding? Be specific

Just now, Grandad said:

No it hasn't

You're making it up as you go along

Well some others on  here are making it up as well. Ok then as you're in the know what has he been offered?

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, darra said:

As it satnds I would love him to get a run in the side if only to put the arguments to bed one way or the other

Why? That would be crazy

When there are clubs in the division below us queuing up to take him on loan. Why worud you want to set him up to possibly fail?

Just now, Grandad said:

Why? That would be crazy

When there are clubs in the division below us queuing up to take him on loan. Why worud you want to set him up to possibly fail?

So we loan him out and he fails?

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, darra said:

If we are taking specific what wage has he been offered?

Why would i go into that when there are so many 'experts ' on here that seem to know? Including yourself

Why don't you make something else up

Just now, Grandad said:

Why would i go into that when there are so many 'experts ' on here that seem to know? Including yourself

Why don't you make something else up

So you don't know

Guest Deleted member
Just now, darra said:

So we loan him out and he fails?

I'd were loan him out at a lower level and hell fails at least we didn't have to weaken our team

It's what happens at academy level to develop players

Guest Deleted member
Just now, darra said:

So you don't know

I didn't say that

But if you want to sidetrack the debate because you haven't got a point - go ahead

It's pathetic

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I didn't say that

But if you want to sidetrack the debate because you haven't got a point - go ahead

It's pathetic

You either know what he's been offered or you don't. If you do then tell us.If you don't then you're guessing or making it up

My advice to you is get some sleep think you need it

Edited by darra

Guest Deleted member
3 minutes ago, darra said:

You either know what he's been offered or you don't. If you do then tell us. My advice to you is get some sleep think you need it

I'm having a meal over in Bolton before our game. 

I'm not about to breach any confidences just to win an argument with people on Owlstalk who continue to write off one of our best prospects in many years

As I've said over and over, even as a lifelong Wednesday fan id tell my son to tell the club to f off and seek his future elsewhere

Edited by Deleted member

So you admit that you have been given privileged information either by David or George or an employee of the club maybe? Suppose we'll never know

Whose writing him off BTW? He's been reportedly offered a contract which he has refused, as is his right. He has been told that if he signs the contract he will be offered a loan. This has not persuaded him to sign, as is his right. It is also the right of the club to decide whether they should continue to develop his career at the benefit of another club