Carlos Carvalal form

Good stat but when you're exchanging a forward line of May, Keane and Lavery with Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher you'd expect to see an up turn in results.

A bit misleading in all fairness as that stat could easily be about before and after Chansiri took over the club.

You could easily ask the question, would Carlos have done as well as Stuart Gray with the resources Gray had to work with?

42 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Obviously the win rate will go up when you have spent more money in two years than the club had previously spent in the last 17 years.

Not knocking him but it's not really a stat that proves much apart from money helps.

If Gray had been given big bucks I'm sure he wouldn't have been scratching around the bargain bins like he had to and his win rate would have been higher too.

See earlier posts!

Edited by AwokenGiant

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Good stat but when you're exchanging a forward line of May, Keane and Lavery with Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher you'd expect to see an up turn in results.

A bit misleading in all fairness as that stat could easily be about before and after Chansiri took over the club.

You could easily ask the question, would Carlos have done as well as Stuart Gray with the resources Gray had to work with?

Again, see earlier posts. 

57 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Obviously the win rate will go up when you have spent more money in two years than the club had previously spent in the last 17 years.

Not knocking him but it's not really a stat that proves much apart from money helps.

If Gray had been given big bucks I'm sure he wouldn't have been scratching around the bargain bins like he had to and his win rate would have been higher too.

No money does not guarantee better results, just look around the championship and there loads of examples of money making no difference in fact in some cases results got worse, look at Forest for instance

Don't buy the argument anyone can do well with money behind them. 

5 minutes ago, Eightace said:

That was for the op.

No it doesn't guarantee but I said helps.

Not having a pot to pee in and then having 5 and 6 million quid players is going to help

As said, see my earlier posts Eightace. 

Money doesn't always guarantee success and in fact in some cases it can create more problems. If it was that simple, Clubs would just spend money and not bother with a manager. Carvalhal and Gray deserve credit in both circumstances, this goes with saying, but its too easy to say that Carlos's job has been easier. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

8 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

As said, see my earlier posts Eightace. 

Money doesn't always guarantee success and in fact in some cases it can create more problems. If it was that simple, Clubs would just spend money and not bother with a manager. Carvalhal and Gray deserve credit in both circumstances, this goes with saying, but its too easy to say that Carlos's job has been easier. 

I'm not saying it buys success. Eventually it can cause problems and teams can go backwards.

But I'm saying that having the budget say Irvine had compared to now , it's virtually impossible to not up the win rate by having money compared to when the club was close to skint.

1 minute ago, Eightace said:

I'm not saying it buys success. Eventually it can cause problems and teams can go backwards.

But I'm saying that having the budget say Irvine had compared to now , it's virtually impossible to not up the win rate by having money compared to when the club was close to skint.

But with all due respect, your second sentence seems to contradict your first (and vice versa)! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

2 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Carlos is ten times the manager that flipping bottom Irvine was.

Irvine couldn't run a bath.

Plus the whole budget thing...it's all based upon hypothetical scenarios and ifs, what's and maybes.

I mean take the Premier League.

If you give Dyche the same budget, personnel as Conte then does he win the league last season?

Perhaps he does, who knows.

He could also be hopelessly out of his depth.  

Edited by SiJ

Well it depends what success means.

Im not really classing upping the win rate as success if it leads to nothing.

I understand it's not easy to buy promotion but having no money to having loads is always going to improve a team to some extent.

I don't think Carlos has a magic wand and like those who came before with a crap budget I'm sure he would have struggled.

Edited by Eightace

He was crap but it was an example.

We were properly skint. Blinkin Mourinho would have struggled.

I could go out and buy Diame, Woods and Knockhaert and look like the best manager we ever had.

Not knocking Carlos but win rate doesn't tell the full story about what's happed since the premier league days