Carlos Carvalal form

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

A little misleading. Can't believe Carlos would have won many of the 42 games prior to his arrival.

Misleading...??? Its a stat. Black and white. There's literally nothing misleading about it.

Edited by ramone

This is a strange one really because it all ties in with the Chansiri takeover and therefore how much of it was down to investment and how much of it down to Carlos? I'll hazard a guess and say that if Carlos had to work with what some of the previous managers had to he wouldn't have lasted a season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Misleading...??? Its a stat. Black and white. There's literally nothing misleading about it.

I think what he means is if Carlos was in charge with the team that we had prior to his arrival he wouldn't have done much better stat wise. I don't know the stats from Gray's time in charge but if you knew football you'll know he did a much better job than what the stats will suggest with the side he had. 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you'd have to be a very  demanding fan to question him result wise ,what most criticise him for is how he achieves the results .....

Not really questioning his achievements. Just saying if we had had a better team the first 42 matches. He may have needed 10 more wins to reach this stat.

8 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think what he means is if Carlos was in charge with the team that we had prior to his arrival he wouldn't have done much better stat wise. I don't know the stats from Gray's time in charge but if you knew football you'll know he did a much better job than what the stats will suggest with the side he had. 

I agree, Carvalahal has worked with a better squad and Gray's stats were impressive with what he was working with, but some of our fans think that just a team on paper warrants results. In reality, there's much more to it than that and both Gray and Carvalhal's stats and work should be seen in a positive light despite differing circumstances. To conclude, I think what the stats definitely tell us is that the club is performing better than it was, and that is something for us ALL to celebrate. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

This is a strange one really because it all ties in with the Chansiri takeover and therefore how much of it was down to investment and how much of it down to Carlos? I'll hazard a guess and say that if Carlos had to work with what some of the previous managers had to he wouldn't have lasted a season.  

Whilst it wasn't the prettiest, he did very well (results wise) last season without a number of key/top players - so maybe a little harsh on him. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

21 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Absolutely. I loved Stuart Gray. I was mortified when he got sacked. However its not misleading is it? It's just numbers. 

47 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Whilst it wasn't the prettiest, he did very well (results wise) last season without a number of key/top players - so maybe a little harsh on him. 

Oh no that wasn't what I meant. Just saying it's hard to equate because he came in at the same time as all the finance rather than just as a follow-on from Gray.

Obviously the win rate will go up when you have spent more money in two years than the club had previously spent in the last 17 years.

Not knocking him but it's not really a stat that proves much apart from money helps.

If Gray had been given big bucks I'm sure he wouldn't have been scratching around the bargain bins like he had to and his win rate would have been higher too.