Sheffield Wednesday on FIFA 18 (out this month)

4 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

What's Fifa 18 ?? lol

2 hours ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

It's what we and clubs use to get a idea of player stats.

Come on!

It's a bloody computer game !

You may use it to get an idea of player's stats.

You surely don't believe that professional football managers

take a blind bit of notice of it, do you.:columbo:

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Come on!

It's a bloody computer game !

You may use it to get an idea of player's stats.

You surely don't believe that professional football managers

take a blind bit of notice of it, do you.:columbo:

Nah managers use fans forums for opinions on players lol

I am big fifa fan. I play on PC at 4K everything on Ultra. I also mod the graphics with reshade and use gameplay mods. Its a magnificent looking game(fifa 17) and leaves the consoles versions looking very poor( i have it on ps4 pro)

I only play career mode and always start as manager of Wednesday. First thing I did last year was terminate Nuhiu's and Semedo's contract. Thankfully the latter has gone but Nuhiu will be gone straight away in 18. I could never sell him and inflict his peculiar brand of football on anyone else.

The frostbite engine is not easy to mod. Hillsborough was available on fifa 16 from the mod forums. I didn't see it for 17.

Fifa 17 is absolutely brilliant on PC. I did get Wednesday promoted last year but the game went stale as i couldnt take them any further.

I do have a fifa channel on youtube with hundreds of matches, most of them are available to watch in 4K.

I also like to manager a club in league 2(its still the forth division to me) and try and get them all the way to the top. LAst year i got Doncaster to the championship but couldnt get them further.

I play on world class or legendary levels. I play the game very fast with attacking old fashioned football. I can't stand the slow, ponderous 50 passes to the halfway line style and silly trick moves.  I never use professional fouls. The game should  be tough and a real challenge. I'd rather lose 3-2 in a stunning end to end match than win 5-0 in a one sided affair. Setting up the sliders can be a pain. Fifa 17 was the best for configuring the sliders. Operation sports is a good source for slider help.

Needless to say i am looking forward to fifa 18. This season I have a massive job on at Hillsborough getting them to the premier league. Theres so much deadwood to clear out.

Of course all my fifa 18 videos will be on youtube once again.

Can't wait to start again.

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I'm gonna miss me Wednesday team in fifa 17, it's amazing what you can do if you spend all your money on getting players who are out of contract, then either keeping them or selling them for exorbitant prices a year later lol

Indeed. And its a good move to send your scouts to South America. Players there are very cheap and have high ratings. Its great managing your team on a low budget. You really have to work hard to get decent players in. Obviously, loan players, can really help as well. I set my search and scouting parameters with an age range of 16-20 when scouting.

5 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Indeed. And its a good move to send your scouts to South America. Players there are very cheap and have high ratings. Its great managing your team on a low budget. You really have to work hard to get decent players in. Obviously, loan players, can really help as well. I set my search and scouting parameters with an age range of 16-20 when scouting.

another one I like is the rare occasion when you get the ultimate wonderkid through the youth scouting. On my owls career ive got a swedish lad, signed him as a 15 year old, 93-94 potential. Rare but fufilling

8 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

another one I like is the rare occasion when you get the ultimate wonderkid through the youth scouting. On my owls career ive got a swedish lad, signed him as a 15 year old, 93-94 potential. Rare but fufilling

Absolutely right. I did have one at Doncaster(can't remember his name) He scored for fun. Thats the only one i can remember from the last few years

Have a game for the ps1 in which Hillsborough featured, maybe be premier league all stars. As for FIFA, I'm still on 16, which I think is good. Don't think I'll upgrade because all you're doing essentially is paying for a new team database and different stadium renders. If Hillsborough is to released in 18 that could be a purchase

32 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I am big fifa fan. I play on PC at 4K everything on Ultra. I also mod the graphics with reshade and use gameplay mods. Its a magnificent looking game(fifa 17) and leaves the consoles versions looking very poor( i have it on ps4 pro)

I only play career mode and always start as manager of Wednesday. First thing I did last year was terminate Nuhiu's and Semedo's contract. Thankfully the latter has gone but Nuhiu will be gone straight away in 18. I could never sell him and inflict his peculiar brand of football on anyone else.

The frostbite engine is not easy to mod. Hillsborough was available on fifa 16 from the mod forums. I didn't see it for 17.

Fifa 17 is absolutely brilliant on PC. I did get Wednesday promoted last year but the game went stale as i couldnt take them any further.

I do have a fifa channel on youtube with hundreds of matches, most of them are available to watch in 4K.

I also like to manager a club in league 2(its still the forth division to me) and try and get them all the way to the top. LAst year i got Doncaster to the championship but couldnt get them further.

I play on world class or legendary levels. I play the game very fast with attacking old fashioned football. I can't stand the slow, ponderous 50 passes to the halfway line style and silly trick moves.  I never use professional fouls. The game should  be tough and a real challenge. I'd rather lose 3-2 in a stunning end to end match than win 5-0 in a one sided affair. Setting up the sliders can be a pain. Fifa 17 was the best for configuring the sliders. Operation sports is a good source for slider help.

Needless to say i am looking forward to fifa 18. This season I have a massive job on at Hillsborough getting them to the premier league. Theres so much deadwood to clear out.

Of course all my fifa 18 videos will be on youtube once again.

Can't wait to start again.

1448665780718.gif

About what?

Youtube is a very effective method of storing vidoes. It free. I have over 200 on there. Each 4K video is around 6gb. Do the maths. Where else else can you store hundreds of gigs of data free of charge? 

Youtube is my version of the cloud.

Plus i have thousands of views of my matches. Many People like the more altruistic approach than the reprehensible monetised style.

Theres much more to life then money

17 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Strangely enough, last year I actually enjoyed "the journey". I dont bother with ultimate team or any of that crap, I leave that to the boy, given my hatred of people its difficult to play online games lol

The journey is ok. I have never done UT. I gave up with online years ago. There were too many cheats and foul mouthed red necks continually shouting abuse.

3 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

The journey is ok. I have never done UT. I gave up with online years ago. There were too many cheats and foul mouthed red necks continually shouting abuse.

yeah but the yanks are just confused by the fact they play a sport called football where they can't pick it up with their hands