Hands On Chansiri

32 minutes ago, Owlsman82 said:

Fair points, on balance he's made a really positive contribution to the club. All the problems seem to be from a bizarre inability to delegate or think strategically and you would think they could have been managed much more efficiently. 

You make the point I was trying to make far more eloquently. Never again will I attempt any humour whatsoever.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

DC is a hands on kind of guy, but only to an extent. If by hands on you mean he mops the floors and paints the railings you're wrong. 

What he IS hands on about is where his/the clubs money gets spent. He scrutinises every penny to a degree which was unheard of in years gone by under previous leaders. He wants to be sure he is getting the best value for said money. This leads to frustration from fans and staff alike. 

The reason that there are no shirts for us to buy is because DC refused to pay extortionate prices to the likes of Sondico, Adidas et al. He similarly didn't back down when their original "in house" supplier decided to vastly increase the price. 

The catering issue has also come about because of his attitude towards spending. Pukka are gone because they wanted too much of the profits, so they've chosen a more reasonable supplier. The concourse staff is a different matter. That issue predates DC and I suspect will outlast him too. 

There are reasons to see this in a negative light - you could say that certain people in positions of power are incompetent due to the lack of shirts and taste of the pies, and call for heads to roll. However if you take a step back, and look at things with an open mind you can see that the club is trying to do things right.

It's easy to jump on the negative bandwagon and let the neg-monster take hold, but you have to fight it. 

Why don't you go along tomorrowand go see the guys and girls whose job it is to run the club and just say "Thanks for your efforts". After all if it weren't for DC the club wouldn't have made it to their 150th anniversary, but been wound up by HMRC instead. Then I wouldn't be able to sit here and complain that I don't have this seasons shirt.

So is DC, Joe or any of the executive incompetent? Hardly. Is DC naive to the ways of football? Possibly. Is he loaded and keeping the club afloat? Definitely. 

Good post, but I'd take issue with the idea that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for DC. A lot of people worked very hard to prevent that situation before he'd even heard of us.

Maybe DC has found "another way" and maybe we will come to celebrate the day he took on the kit manufacturers

I don't know

But i do know if we want a kit for next season then the order needs to be going in within days rather than weeks

I think we're finding that turning around the huge amount of kits needed for a relatively big club is a lot more complex than clicking the "buy it now" button

• Like 1

Regular OT thread with comments ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. 

Its the easiest thing in the world to criticise someone with the benefit of hindsight, it's just as easy to opt for maintaining the status quo when faced with difficult decisions. 

Some of this summers events have been frustrating, embarrassing to some degree  and actually quite painful to watch, even from 12000 miles away.

That said I refuse to turn those frustrations in to anger and throw them back in the face of someone who is so obviously doing everything possible to help us, especially while he's still learning on the job. 

To those who say they will not buy the kit or go to Owls in the Park by way of a protest I say your most likely the same people that leave a game at half time when the result isn't going our way so that reaction isn't surprising. True fans yearn for success, they desire it to the point it hurts, they also grind out the failures with gritty determination. That's the bloke you want to be stood next to at the game.

Bloody text size.....

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

"Morepork" that's a brilliant ad line for DC's new gluten free range...

We may have some thing here ?what a battle cry can our music dept come up with a catchy song by the 24th 

Seriously though agree with all that you said and would love an improvement on the guy stood next to me I always get stuck with the "seasoned" footy coach who knows funk all at away games (don't know why they go to matches?)

Oh and the text size fantastic I'm sure there's a load on here appreciate what you did there..

Keep up the good work pal U.T.O...:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Dear Outspoken Tom, you know during the  first world war, they developed a tactic called a creeping barrage. The idea was that as the troops advanced across No Mans land, a barrage of artillery would be directed about a hundred yards in front of them and would advance at the same pace as the walking men. What could possibly go wrong eh!

It seems to me that the ire of some fans has already encompassed the players both individually and as a team...it's positively  engulfed CC and is now slowly creeping towards our Chairman... and his son FFS???

Are you fukcing mental or something? ....do you have some sort of a deficiency...or are you just a grade "A" nobedn. This Chairman is the best thing that has happened to SWFC in the last 50 years...with him at the helm we have a great chance of seeing Premiership football back at Hillsborough in the not too distant future...and when we get there he is uber ambitious to get us into the movers and shakers of the division....so please be a good chap and fornicate right off.

PS You can probably guess what eventually happened with the creeping barrages....I think they call it "Friendly Fire"

1 hour ago, Hougoumont said:

Dear Outspoken Tom, you know during the  first world war, they developed a tactic called a creeping barrage. The idea was that as the troops advanced across No Mans land, a barrage of artillery would be directed about a hundred yards in front of them and would advance at the same pace as the walking men. What could possibly go wrong eh!

It seems to me that the ire of some fans has already encompassed the players both individually and as a team...it's positively  engulfed CC and is now slowly creeping towards our Chairman... and his son FFS???

Are you fukcing mental or something? ....do you have some sort of a deficiency...or are you just a grade "A" nobedn. This Chairman is the best thing that has happened to SWFC in the last 50 years...with him at the helm we have a great chance of seeing Premiership football back at Hillsborough in the not too distant future...and when we get there he is uber ambitious to get us into the movers and shakers of the division....so please be a good chap and fornicate right off.

PS You can probably guess what eventually happened with the creeping barrages....I think they call it "Friendly Fire"

Dear Hougoumont,

I'm afraid sir that you have entirely missed my point. I haven't said anywhere he is a bad chairman, I'm entirely appreciative of him. I was just pointing out 3 areas that I thought needed tweaking.

I may have got a little carried away dreaming up some conspiracy theories for a giggle. However, judging by many of the musings by the many posters generally across other threads I may be on to something.

Too many people are incredibly defensive on here even when there's really no need to be. Shoot me down if I call the man a disgrace and some other choice names or call for his head but to simply sum up the fact that the transfer policy, the commercial strategy and the ticket pricing appears to be a bit off is hardly going to kill the club. Unless of course our chairman, players and manager are as fragile as some on here where any argument for improvement is written off as everyones favourite word 'negativity' akin to blasphemy. 

"Conspiracy theory number 1 - The reason we got Carlos to manage and have continued to keep him on is because Chansiri or Atti is effectively playing Championship Manager with a real club and players. They employed Carlos to be the charming chap and the face of the club because he was the only man available that was up for this"

So...You "haven't said anywhere he's a bad Chairman"...and "your entirely appreciative of him." With fans like you we don't need enemies...or pigs posting on here for that matter. So just go do one you appendage tugger.

Edited by Hougoumont
Don't agree with your censorship.

25 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

"Conspiracy theory number 1 - The reason we got Carlos to manage and have continued to keep him on is because Chansiri or Atti is effectively playing Championship Manager with a real club and players. They employed Carlos to be the charming chap and the face of the club because he was the only man available that was up for this"

So...You "haven't said anywhere he's a bad Chairman"...and "your entirely appreciative of him." With fans like you we don't need enemies...or pigs posting on here for that matter. So just go do one you appendage tugger.

Pleasure having a natter with you old chap. Now go to bed

32 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

P.S. by 'appendage tugger' i trust you now understand I was pulling peoples legs?

14 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

50 years? Really?