Club Legends

Me neither.  Was born in 74 but knowing my history these could well be included.  You've included the likes of Megson D, Kay, Quixall so you must have an idea of those times.  Not having a go-it's all about opinion.  I agree with 99% of who you have included!

28 minutes ago, Eightace said:

In fact I'd probably put Bannister in as well.

During that season under Wilkinson him and Varadi helped change the club into the massive one we know today.

Lawrie Madden is a legend for me too.

I think Bannister is a bit unlucky to be missing.

1st season       22 goals

2nd season      22 goals

3rd season       22 goals

can't knock that record but he did bugger off to QPR even though we had just got promoted!!!!

A few contenders to add to the original list, Seed and Millership are shoo-ins considering their roles in winning us major honours:

Jimmy Seed

Walt Millership

Tom McAnearney

Gerry Young

Peter Eustace

Mark Smith

Peter Shirtliff

And there must be some post 2000 that will eventually make the list. Kind of need the benefit of hindsight before legend status is bestowed. Bullen and Semedo have been two of our most popular players. Brunt, Whelan, Westwood, Lee and Foresteri some of our best.

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

Shame we don't have a nice marble staircase at Hillsborough as a "Hall of Fame" for our legends on the wall would look super.....

Here's a fantastic example from a fantastic stadium somewhere :ph34r:

WV13-Alex-MacDonald.jpg

That would look very good but hard not to notice all the copyrighted willys all over the place :ph34r::ghoulguy:

41 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Missed the penalty in 1981 for United that sent them down to the 4th Division for the first time.

In the last minute of the last game of the season at the bumhole lane against the mighty Walsall. That kept Walsall up and relegated dem squealing piggies... :ghoulguy:

That were in the year of my birth, what a year... The Blunts forever givens comedy gold entertainment... Don Givens should be knightedlol

Guest samowl
1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

In the last minute of the last game of the season at the bumhole lane against the mighty Walsall. That kept Walsall up and relegated dem squealing piggies... :ghoulguy:

That were in the year of my birth, what a year... The Blunts forever givens comedy gold entertainment... Don Givens should be knightedlol

Thanks Givens Day 

5 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

our best side, 1950's to current day?... thoughts?

Springett

Nilsson   Swan  Young   D. Megson

Waddle   Kay   Sheridan    Finney

Dooley  Fantham

I would have Hirst for Dooley.  Controversial perhaps but Dooley scored most of his goals in the second division and obviously his career was very short.  The way it was going he would have been a shoe in.  I was surprised the original poster didn't list Gerry Young amongst all the greats in his list.