Visibility of Stripes

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

exactly the same   , he wasn't not going to buy a club that could make him many millions of pounds just because he didn't like the kit ....i'm sure scrapping stripes concerns him  not one jot ,once he got his hands on the club he could do whatever he liked just as anyone buying a house can .

Even if tens of thousands of people have a close affinity with the old wallpaper, and they're turning up to stand in the garden once a fortnight and pay for a large part of the mortgage?

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

exactly the same   , he wasn't not going to buy a club that could make him many millions of pounds just because he didn't like the kit ....i'm sure scrapping stripes concerns him  not one jot ,once he got his hands on the club he could do whatever he liked just as anyone buying a house can .

Ok I see what you are saying but My point is if he did the research of the club historically we play in stripes which in his head would be unlucky, right? So to use your thoery, why buy an unlucky house when you can afford a house that doesn't have unlucky wallpaper all over it for years? 

9 hours ago, Internationowl said:

Even if tens of thousands of people have a close affinity with the old wallpaper, and they're turning up to stand in the garden once a fortnight and pay for a large part of the mortgage?

There is also this point which is well put

8 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

We may be the exception to the rule of stripes being advantageous.

We came 6th with bold stripes and 4th with pinstripes, it seems DC might have a point(not stripes).

Shrinking the stripes moved us two places up the table; just think what removing them completely could achieve...

Premier League, here we come!

:duntmatter:

Whilst I'm in favour of stripes, it is what it is.

i started watching in the era of the bukta kit, so prefer that kit and do not like black shorts, but is it a big deal, if you started watching in the 60s you may well have an affinity with the full blue body and white sleeves, as long as we are blue n white then I'm happy.

i don't really support the kit but the team playing in it.

if it's good enough for Barcelona to be open minded, then is it unreasonable for us in this modern era where kits are changed every season to embrace change, after all,  if we are changing every season isn't it better to play with the design a bit otherwise it's £55+ year for the same shirt in essence 

6 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

Whilst I'm in favour of stripes, it is what it is.

i started watching in the era of the bukta kit, so prefer that kit and do not like black shorts, but is it a big deal, if you started watching in the 60s you may well have an affinity with the full blue body and white sleeves, as long as we are blue n white then I'm happy.

i don't really support the kit but the team playing in it.

if it's good enough for Barcelona to be open minded, then is it unreasonable for us in this modern era where kits are changed every season to embrace change, after all,  if we are changing every season isn't it better to play with the design a bit otherwise it's £55+ year for the same shirt in essence 

This forum is no place for such level headed, reasonable nonsense. 

Go away and think about yourself. 

47 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Shrinking the stripes moved us two places up the table; just think what removing them completely could achieve...

Premier League, here we come!

:duntmatter:

Exactly....we couldn't win the 66 FA cup without stripes, but the championship should be a doddle!

19 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Exactly....we couldn't win the 66 FA cup without stripes, but the championship should be a doddle!

One stripeless step at a time... first the  Championship, then the cup, next the Premier League, and finally world domination! Or the Champions League.