'Wednesday Player' new deal - £110 per season

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Could you just say you were going backpacking for 12months?

the only issue for me is if they need paying from a foreign account, doing the vpn bit to point yourself elsewhere is no trouble

21 minutes ago, woodys said:

the only issue for me is if they need paying from a foreign account, doing the vpn bit to point yourself elsewhere is no trouble

I live abroad/foreign bank a/c etc so if people want to send their subscription fees to my account then absolutely no problem with this at all.

lol

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I live abroad/foreign bank a/c etc so if people want to send their subscription fees to my account then absolutely no problem with this at all.

lol

thats decent of you, i'll whack an extra 20 quid on top for your troubles lol

ok ive been messing with this.

As part of this deal all the club websites will change.

Northampton Town are one of the first to change and have done so.

I went in using a VPN and was able to see the £110 a season option.

If you dont use VPN you only see the FREE or £45 audio option.

You could sign up for a 7 day free trial for the full VOD service though. 

I was able to sign up with just user and password and age and then it went to a paypal or credit card option where i could use my own paypal and set a future payment of 7 days from now. Assuming they would take the money out after 7 days.

I chickened out in case they charged me in full.

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

lol

Does the contract wording go something like

'I confirm I am over 6 years of age and understand I will never see my money again'?? lol

7 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

I was able to sign up with just user and password and age and then it went to a paypal or credit card option where i could use my own paypal and set a future payment of 7 days from now. Assuming they would take the money out after 7 days.

good work mate!

well interested in this I make a lot of weekend games but struggle to get to midweekers so this is perfect

Edited by woodys

9 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

:columbo:-esque!

I will be in Germany i have all the credentials needed to opt into this surely it's not as simple as getting a vpn ? Does it register the IP used at the time ? I.E. when you connect to new Zealand is it the same IP each time or does it randomize ? 

If this is tweakable it's a massive floor using a VPN means less internet speed will you receive lag ? 

59 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

I will be in Germany i have all the credentials needed to opt into this surely it's not as simple as getting a vpn ? Does it register the IP used at the time ? I.E. when you connect to new Zealand is it the same IP each time or does it randomize ? 

If this is tweakable it's a massive floor using a VPN means less internet speed will you receive lag ? 

Send me the dough (PM'd you the a/c details) and all your questions will be answered for an additional "We'll support you ever more" -ongoing help fee of 25 quid.

1 hour ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

the question is whether their GUI can determine masked IPs

Edited by acquiescefc

40 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Send me the dough (PM'd you the a/c details) and all your questions will be answered for an additional "We'll support you ever more" -ongoing help fee of 25 quid.

Core blimey didn't take you long what name is the business under -_^

2 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Surely it wouldn't matter if you changed IP address as long as you were abroad.

You might watch the match one week in your home, the next at work using a different IP address.

As long as you're always in the same country and you're not randomly changing IP address location (e.g. One match you're in the US, the next you're in Russia and the next in France) I wouldn't have thought it'd matter.

As long as you're not in the UK the club can't dictate you can only use 1 single IP address surely.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Surely it wouldn't matter if you changed IP address as long as you were abroad.

You might watch the match one week in your home, the next at work using a different IP address.

As long as you're always in the same country and you're not randomly changing IP address location (e.g. One match you're in the US, the next you're in Russia and the next in France) I wouldn't have thought it'd matter.

As long as you're not in the UK the club can't dictate you can only use 1 single IP address surely.

Just seems a massive loop home unless they see it as extra income ????

18 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Just seems a massive loop home unless they see it as extra income ????

Possibly, I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

I just don't know how they could check. I don't think it'll stop fans going to games but it could come in handy for some of those midweek away games.

On 19/05/2017 at 21:11, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So why is it available overseas but not Ireland? 

I presume its part of the fact Sky SPorts are in 'UK and Ireland' so the same restriction applies.

I emailed them on the same question but no reply as yet.

Separately ive just subscribed to a different Neulion player, its they who will be providing this service.  Its allowed in my country but not in certain other countries.

Ive been messing about with it and when i switch VPN using Tunnelbear to a country its not allowed in it doesnt work. But if I switch to a country its allowed it works fine.