Potential play off final time!

1 hour ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Pay extra or ask people to respect the fact that someone has paid for a reserved seat?

People on here grumble about people sitting on their seat which they have with a season ticket.  

Fail to see the difference with either you pay for a seat so you should be able to sit in it and not expect a selfish idiot to refuse to move as there's no other free seats.

One of my bugbears on trains.

Nobody i know pays reservation fees because the rule simply isn't enforced.

Who's going to pay extra for an argument with a pi*sed up idiot?

It's totally wrong.

17 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

HA! I realised my mistake and had both versions quoted....

...easily pleased me

This is Owlstalk mate , where any mistake is quickly jumped on and viciously ridiculed . lol

2 hours ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Trains were flipping awful last year going down and coming back from the final with dickheads sitting in other people's reserved seats and refusing to move when asked to and conductors being absolutely nowhere to be seen.

I'm driving down to London this year. 

If we get there of course.

I got 8.00 train last year from Midland Station , and first thing they announced on tannoy was that reservations would not be honoured.

Was quite surprised by that , so won't be bothering reserving this year.

4 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I got 8.00 train last year from Midland Station , and first thing they announced on tannoy was that reservations would not be honoured.

Was quite surprised by that , so won't be bothering reserving this year.

Was the same on our train going down.  

Thankfully we got seated going down.

Going back was an utter joke and standing room only despite having reserved seats and there was NO announcements about reservations not being honoured.  

Was even better as I as I have a visible disability and the selfish twats (all Wednesday fans too) on our seats STILL refused to move.

13 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Was the same on our train going down.  

Thankfully we got seated going down.

Going back was an utter joke and standing room only despite having reserved seats and there was NO announcements about reservations not being honoured.  

Was even better as I as I have a visible disability and the selfish twats (all Wednesday fans too) on our seats STILL refused to move.

Now that is just not on.

My dad was a paraplegic and always encountered similar problems.

Had it instilled in me from a very early age to care for those less fortunate.

Some people !!

Set off at 9am last season to drive to Stanmore. Train to Wembley. Arrived bout 2... coming home left Wembley after the tears, bout 715,  back to Stanmore for 9pm, floored it up M1 and in my local for half 11, left there at 4am. No problem. 

Only problem this season would be setting off at 7am probably but back in the pub for 930 hopefully! 

Edited by Albanian Dave

7 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

One of my bugbears on trains.

Nobody i know pays reservation fees because the rule simply isn't enforced.

Who's going to pay extra for an argument with a pi*sed up idiot?

It's totally wrong.

You don't actually pay extra for a seat on a train. It's allocated to you when you book a ticket but doesn't cost a penny. Just because you booked early and paid less than someone buying one on the day at double the price. Why should you be entitled to that said seat really? Should just get rid completely and have a first come first seat basis. Kills all the problem. 

5 minutes ago, barmyarmy84 said:

You don't actually pay extra for a seat on a train. It's allocated to you when you book a ticket but doesn't cost a penny. Just because you booked early and paid less than someone buying one on the day at double the price. Why should you be entitled to that said seat really? Should just get rid completely and have a first come first seat basis. Kills all the problem. 

Surely if they have bought the seat first it's still first come first seat.

4 minutes ago, barmyarmy84 said:

Reserving a seat costs extra to buying one.

Unless you're talking about the wooden railway that, apparently your still playing with.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Unless you're talking about the wooden railway that, apparently your still playing with.

i didnt pay extra when i reserved my seat for fulham and qpr.

it didnt cost any extra

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Never in using the train line app have I paid extra for an allocated seat. You request one but it costs nothing. 

image.jpg