Points Total - How Many?

Anyone expecting Fulham to come unstuck at Udders might be in for a surprise. Brentford look in decent form though. As said, hopefully Burton can take points off leeds.

For us, having to play 3 of the top 7 in form teams will be a challenge.

Edited by GMOwl72

40 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

We play 3 of the infirm teams of the league...

Cardiff were in form when we played them. 8 from 5.

Sustaining form is the achilles heal of nearly everyone in this division. Including ourselves.

We're actually playing some of our best football of the season now, we have something to play for unlike 2 of our opponents, we're at home for 2 out of the 3 games, we have more players coming back from injuries to boost the squad.

It's no wonder the bookies look confident we'll make it.

It's not the Wednesday way to do it easy though.

I'll go for 5 more points from 2 draws and a win against Fulham.

That guarantees us a spot even if Fulham win their other 2 games.

11 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Quite surprised we have accrued so many points considering the level of our play has been a few notches below that of last season. And we also had a pretty bad slump as well..

Has it transpired the quality of the Champ is below that of last season?

Been quite an odd season IMO - expected Newcastle to walk it but they are stuttering ..who'd have had Huddersfield in 3rd too? 

Think there will be a few more suprise before this term is over.

I think there are fewer stand out teams but the quality overall is much higher. That mid table area this year is packed with quality teams. Last year the top 6 was good and the rest was dross.

In terms of a our play being worse this season I think that's only partly true. Yes we've struggled more against the mid table teams. However  we've been able to compete much better against the top teams. To me that shows we are a better team overall even if performances have been shaky at times.

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Anyone expecting Fulham to come unstuck at Udders might be in for a surprise. Brentford look in decent form though. As said, hopefully Burton can take points off leeds.

For us, having to play 3 of the top 7 in form teams will be a challenge.

On the bright side if Fulham win and we beat Derby we move up to 4th. That's then 3 teams that need to overtake us.